“Turkland travel made a memorable trip magical.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours

Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours
Ranked #27 of 402 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore exotic Istanbul on a group or custom day tour. Discover the sights, scents & secrets of 2014 Traveller’s Choice #1 Destination with your own guide. Choose an exciting set itinerary visiting Istanbul’s world-renowned attractions or design your own day, complete with private guide. For over 14 years, Turkland Travel has fashioned brilliant experiences and immersive encounters to create the memories of a lifetime. Enjoy our flexible tour options, excellent service and outstanding value for money.Turkland Travel is an “A Class” Travel Agency, licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. Licence # A-4718.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Turkland travel made a memorable trip magical.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We are so blessed to have met Ozden and his crew at Turkland Travel. My husband and I went to Turkey a couple of years ago and Ozden is like family now. Our circumstances were a bit unusual: beyond just a vacation, our trip was also to begin the search for my father's family. My father was born in Istanbul but hadn't been back. We'd been trying to get him to go; until he was ready we decided to go first. Well Ozden took us to the neighborhood in which my Baba grew up, we found his street, took photos of his school, immersed ourselves in his old life. Ozden also set us up to go to Cappadocia, Epheses, and Fethiye on the coast. We took a gulet (sailboat) and traveled around the Med. Everything Ozden suggested and arranged was beyond amazing. We even dined with his family on a restaurant rooftop overlooking Sultanamet!

Sadly my father passed before he could come back with us, but Ozden is still a cherished part of our lives. He is even helping me find my Baba's family, something I've prayed for for years. And my husband's upcoming business trip to Istanbul with his colleagues will be facilitated by Turkland. Yay! Ozden and Turkland embody all that is this country and this city of cities: warmth, hospitality, authenticity, essential beauty, and wit. We love Turkland and we love Ozden.

6 Thank EliseMartelCohen
Ozden B, Owner at Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you Elise. I hope you have a wonderful New Year filled with good health, prosperity, and happiness for your whole family. We can't wait to see you again!

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best tour in Turkey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Every aspect of my dealings with Turkland Tour was excellent! It first started with e-mail communications with Ilker to inquire about the Ephesus tour in Kusadasi. He was always poilte, courteous and communicated effectively and quickly. I also liked the fact that he was willing to work with our group to make slight modifications to the itinerary so that we can see all that my group of 14 people want to see.

We were on a cruise and Istanbul was our first stop. We all took a boat tour in this city and weren't too impressed. We figured that Kusadasi would be nice, but overall, we'd feel the same way we did in Istanbul. Thank goodness we were wrong. I think a big part of the reason why our tour was So much more enjoyable was because of Ozden (tour guide extraordinaire!). We had a long list of places to visit and he somehow timed our visits so that it was never crowded or felt rushed. Can you imagine...we were one of the first groups in St. John's basilica with tour buses approaching as we left, no line whatsoever at the virgin mary house, i'd say only a handful of people were at the ephesus ruins. It was so nice to have pictures without throngs of tourists in the way or blocking the view.

One of the highlights I have to say on this tour is our private lunch in Ozden's friend's estate where they make and sell carpets. OMG, the food was amazing and the service was superb! We all could not stop eating and teh food and drinks just kept on coming! The dishes were so good, I cry about the fact that I forgot to ask for the recipes. I drool in my dreams about that food. The carpet demo and sale was not pushy at all and if I had some money to spend, I would have bought one. Some people in my group did buy a carpet and they actually received it already, so they were actually faster than their estimated delivery time.

I also wanted to note that we had a private shuttle that was clean and very comfortable for my group of 14. After our tour with Ozden, all I could think about was how we are hoping to go back to Turkey and take more tours with him. Thanks for an amazing tour!

8 Thank jcandy7
Thank you very much for taking time to write your review. It was a great surprise for me to have this after few months and I enjoyed seeing it here. I hope you have a wonderful New Year filled with good health, prosperity, and happiness for your whole family.
Mukilteo, Washington, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Love Istanbul!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was in Istanbul for a conference and was able to take in several outings. Ozden was SO accommodating about working around my schedule. He knew exactly the right kind of sights to show me and what was the most important. The excursion that stands out in my mind most was the Bosphorus Cruise. We got off at a quaint fishing village, had the most fabulous lunch with a view, and toured the local shops. Ozden's personal knowledge and method of story telling is above reproach! Turkland Tours made all of my hotel arrangements and suggested all the best restaurants and of course included a walking tour. One can't say you've been to Istanbul unless you've been to the Spice Market. Ozden's attention to detail and customized offerings will keep me coming back and referring all my friends.

Visited July 2012
6 Thank Jean Ann F
Thank you for your review Jean Ann. We feel so lucky to have met you and we are doing our very best for the guests coming through you. I hope you have a wonderful New Year filled with good health, prosperity, and happiness for your whole family.
california
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Istanbul at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Thank you to Ozden for sharing Istanbul with us with wonderful narratives, humor, and heart. He made our first experience in Istanbul a lasting impression. We haven't stopped talking about our new friend Ozden and have taken away with us a broader view of Turkey, the beautiful people, and life there - in the past and the present. If you do one thing while in Istanbul, don't hesitate to take a tour with this man....he will make your visit feel alive. Thank you for treating us Californian's with such kinship and ease....it was a spectacular experience that we will recommend to all our friends.

6 Thank ramonacarmichael
Ozden B, Owner at Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank YOU for your wonderful review and also for being fare. It was great pleasure to serve you.
Francestown
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Two day tour of Istanbul with Ozden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

In late September my wife and I visited Istanbul for the very first time. We are an older couple with some physical limitations. Although we have traveled extensively for more than 50 years we have never used a tour guide. Consequently we were quite uneasy.
Ozden came very well recommended by a Turkish friend and a hotel keeper . So we took a gamble and arranged, via email, for 2 half day tours. We consider ourselves very fortunate indeed. Ozden met us, on time, at our hotel and took us on tours of the major sights in Sultanahmet. We was attentive to my wife's needs, he was personable, knowledgable, and spoke English perfectly. We can not imagine a better experience.
We would recommend Ozdn without any reservation.

6 Thank Herbert B
Thank you! We will be so happy to host you again...