“Ozden is an expert for travel in Turkey”

Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours
Ranked #30 of 411 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore exotic Istanbul on a group or custom day tour. Discover the sights, scents & secrets of 2014 Traveller’s Choice #1 Destination with your own guide. Choose an exciting set itinerary visiting Istanbul’s world-renowned attractions or design your own day, complete with private guide. For over 14 years, Turkland Travel has fashioned brilliant experiences and immersive encounters to create the memories of a lifetime. Enjoy our flexible tour options, excellent service and outstanding value for money.Turkland Travel is an “A Class” Travel Agency, licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. Licence # A-4718.
hillsborough ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Ozden is an expert for travel in Turkey”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My daughter and I booked a trip to Turkey (with only a month advance notice after we had a change in plans) through Ozden and Turkland travels on the advice of good friends who had traveled with him before. We were delighted with his detailed plans, including being met by a driver in new locations. We had an excellent day touring Istanbul with Ozden, and so enjoyed his sense of humor and knowledge about Turkish history, architecture and culture. As our friends had assured us, we also felt like Ozden was a great friend by the end of our trip. He was always available by email or cell phone if we had any questions.

We appreciated his near insistence that we go to Cappadoccia (I had not been that keen on it beforehand), It was magical!! We did the early morning balloon tour, which was breathtaking - wonderful photos! Take an SLR camera with 200 mm zoom if you can, which helps with the landscape as well as getting closeups of people.

I would love to go back to Turkey, and would definitely contact Ozden again for help with arrangements, knowing we now have a great friend in Istanbul.

7 Thank 706marylm
Ozden B, Owner at Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so much for these wonderful words and we will be glad to see you again!

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Friendly and knowledgable, Ozman (Turkland Tours) made Istanbul's rich history come alive.

Jorge
Chicago, USA

8 Thank Jorge L
Ozden B, Owner at Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Thank you Jorge. I hope to see you again...
Hinsdale, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Ozden started as our guide and ended up a friend!”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Ozden is a great guide. He knows and loves Istanbul and he loves sharing it with visitors. We really enjoyed our day with him. He made the sites of Istanbul really come alive. I enjoyed talking with him about history and the sites but also about the every life in Turkey. I learned so much and would highly recommend him as a guide! Well worth it!!

7 Thank michellebarrett
Ozden B, Owner at Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
This is such a great surprise for me Michelle. I hope we can get together again...
Ann Arbor, Michigan
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“The best experience”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Istanbul last fall. Turkland Travel was recommended to us by our hotel, Seven Hills. This was the best experience we've had in any country. Ozden is a very knowledgable guide and answered myriad questions we showered him with. Very importantly, he is very passionate about Turkish history, culture and art. He is also an extremely skillful guide. We had a very full program one day. My mom has been a professional guide in St. Petersburg, Russia her entire life. I appreciate what it takes for a guide to present "material" in meaningful way without overwhelming, and finish on time. I don't know how Ozden did it, but we never feeled rushed, although our program was extremely full and busy with visits to mosques, neighborhoods, fortresses, bazaars, museums, etc. and we still managed to have a nice relaxing lunch in a fishing village, smoked hookah and did a bit of shopping. Wow!
Our very last day Ozden took us for a tour of the Museum of Islamic Art. It changed my entire perspective on Muslim art. I must say, before that I did not know much about it and preferred western art to anything else. The tour, conducted by Ozden himself, helped me discover and appreciate the Islamic art and see it in social context. Did you know, you can "read" a woman's life story by looking at the rug she made? Not only rugs are stunning pieces of art, they are also communication devices.
Ozden made out trip and we are thinking of going back. He will be the first to know!

Visited October 2011
7 Thank olgavira
Ozden B, Owner at Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
You are awesome...Thank you very much for your wonderful words. I hope we can see eachothers again...
Mukilteo, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Ozden showed us a New World that was exotic and historical!”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I were taking a cruise from Istanbul to Venice, but came in early for a tour of Istanbul. It gave us a great 'taste' for such a beautiful city. Ozden showed us the traditional sites, but also took us to some out of the way places and shared personal stories about life in the city where East Meets West. His attention to detail and customization of our short touring time (2 half days) maximized our experience. Ozden's 'boutique' approach to touring made us feel like a long lost friend had come home to family with his warmth and graciousness.

Ozden was patient with us as we took many pictures, preferred to not walk too much, and like shopping over museums. He made it all happen on very short notice. One of these days we will return and see more of Istanbul and Turkey!

Visited June 2011
7 Thank Sparky T
Ozden B, Owner at Turkland Tours Istanbul Day Tours, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I will be so happy to see you again...