“Turkish delight at it's best”

Edebiyat Kiraathanesi
Ranked #16 of 369 Dessert in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you enjoy the sweet side of Turkish culture, make sure you don't miss this one. Best Lokum, çay, coffee and other drinks are available in this traditional little tea-coffee house.
I would agree with the other contributers that staff competence is definitely not on the high end. Shy and hesitant towards western guest, quick and friendly towards locals. I assume this has to do with their lack of English.

There are newer reviews for Edebiyat Kiraathanesi

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a very good reastaurant for traditional turkish sweets. The food is great and the decoration very charming. The only "but" which in my book is as important as two stars (the ones i subtracted from the rating) is the extremely impolite waiter who took his time coming for our order and we saw him make weird and insulting face expressions when we asked for the menu.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

As a first time tourist, I found the way they treated me horrible. I do not like the way the snobbish turkish guy mistreated us. Horrible shop with horrible service. Byebye. Thank you for taking your time reading this.

2  Thank Ezrie H
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

They don't seem to want to sell their baklava. Very grumpy. I guess service is not their main concern. So I guess their baklavas are no good either. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There are plenty of other shops.

1  Thank H_Ahmad
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I tried Turkish pudding at this place and it was delicious (don't let the word "pudding" deceive you)! This place is part of the "Hafiz Mustafa" chain, which produces Turkish delights since 1864! You simply must try some of the traditional delights or puddings they produce, you will not regret it; prices are affordable for everyone.

4  Thank PSS123