“Fantastic Service”

Ranked #30 of 1,187 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

The service was over-and-above any expectations. We lost our luggage on the journey to Istanbul and the Manager of the hotel personally helped us to retrieve it by liaising with the Airline and Airport. He continued to help us even after we had left the hostel and were staying elsewhere in the South of Turkey.

A few glitches, including a power cut could not blight our stay in this clean and very friendly place.

Excellent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hannah P
Ben C, Director of Sales at Stay Inn Taksim Hostel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We are extremely glad you had a positive experience at #bunk beyoglu. Hope to see you again.

Partner/CMO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights in bunk and absolutely loved it. The staff were so nice and helpful and were able to answer any questions I had. The place has a really cool chilled vibe about it. Was nice just sitting in the common area and having a drink.
The room was spotless and beyond adequate. By far the cleanest hostel I've stayed in. I shared a 4 girl dorm room and found that there was enough space to be comfortable.
Despite what others have said I think the location is great. Right near Istiklal st and all the shops and bars and restaurants and well within walking distance to all the sightseeing.
Thoroughly enjoy my time at #bunk. Thanks to all the staff there!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ESSJAYELL

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here by myself in early June 2013. I stayed in a female dorm. It seemed like most things were new--blanket, pillow, towel, etc. so because of that it seemed pretty clean. Just like any hostel it is small and there is not a lot of private space and you have to share a room with multiple strangers so be prepared for that. The breakfast was nice: tea, coffee, yummy turkish cheese, bread, and veggies. There is a kitchen on the top floor and roof deck which I found useful. I did not see the hot tub that was advertised--it may not actually be there anymore. One mistake I made: I didnt realize this place is very far from the tourist/historical sites--you need to take public transit to get to the sites. Best to research this neighborhood before booking. If I ever returned to Turkey I would stay on the other side of the Bosphorus River in Sultanahmet. That is is the best place to stay if you want to see the historic sites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a review for the private ensuite for two people.

My friend and I stayed here for one night. While the staff was great, we were given towels that had stains on them, and the bed sheet stains did as well. The curtain that covered the bathroom area also had stains on them. In addition, the shower, sink, and toilet were all in the same area (read: water is everywhere after you take a shower).

We are in our late 20s; maybe we should have just avoided anything with hostel in its name. The pictures looked so nice though and for $125 a night, we thought it'd be ok!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ben C, Owner at Stay Inn Taksim Hostel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Lanna86

We are extremely sorry about your negative experience. We have looked into the problem regarding the cleanliness issue of your linens and the shower curtain and have ensures that this will not happen again. We hope to welcome you back in the future and will do our best to ensure any future stay at #bunk is a positive experience.

Sincerest apologies from the #bunkteam.

Ben
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is easily the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It's been refurbished recently, and it's very clean and comfortable. I was staying in a 4 bunk room with an ensuite - for 25 euros including a simple breakfast. I was lucky to have the room to myself, the bed was extremely comfortable, nice clean towels, very nice bathroom. If there were 4 people in the room it may have been a bit crowded - not a lot of storage space, but there are lockable drawers beneath the beds. The staff were extremely friendly, gave me a great recommendation for a restaurant that I never would have stumbled upon myself. Definitely stay here, great value!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time in turkey and I can't wait to go back. We really enjoyed the atmosphere of the area around the hostel. The rooms are very small but comfortable and clean. The kitchen is lacking some basic things and it was a challenge cooking dinner. Some of the things in the kitchen where not clean. The hostel is in a great location and the staff was helpful. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Springwood, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We loved our stay at #bunk. The rooms are small but great and the location is perfect. We were in a room on the third floor looking out on to the street and it was very loud at night so i wouldn't recommend this for someone who is a light sleeper but it didn't bother us. Breakfast had a lot to offer and the staff were always friendly. Was also nice to just chill out in the lounge area. Internet was free and always had a good connection. Perfect location and close to a lot of restaurants/bars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple