“Istanbul nights!!”

Stay Inn Taksim Hostel
Ranked #35 of 1,236 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed March 29, 2013

While trying to avoid hyperbole, as a seasoned traveller I can say that this was one of the best experiences I have ever had. This trip was my first staying in hostels and I had mixed ideas of what to expect. Priority number one was cleanliness and this place is kept very clean including the bathrooms and common areas. My room was definitely comfortable clean and surprisingly accommodating given its size. The location is very ideal as everything you need is a quick walk away including the train and bus station.

I think the bunk experience was more than just the room. The staff was top notch and their helpfulness was far beyond anything I have experienced and that is not exaggerating. Staying in a foreign city where you dont speak the language can be a harrowing experience but we were able to ask the staff everything from where to eat, how much a cab to the airport should cost, and where to find the nightlife.

Having not stayed in hostels frequently I dont know where their price falls on that scale but I do know that what we paid was well worth it. I would stay here again and I look forward to my return

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Franklin N
There are newer reviews for Stay Inn Taksim Hostel

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our blinds in room has been broken than nobody come to fix it all day. We slept with blinds. Rooms are so small and one bath is not enough for one floor. Location is amazing. You can inside taksim street in a second.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank hkuruoglu
Ben C, Owner at Stay Inn Taksim Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Sir

On behalf of the #bunkteam and management we are extremely sorry that you endured a negative experience at our hostel. I have looked into the problem and consulted our manager, Lahika, who subsequently explained that despite her best efforts she could not locate a handyman to resolve the blind issue before the morning. We understand that this was not a useful solution to you at the time and apologise again for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Please contact me direct on ben.carrington@bunkhostels.com if you have any further comments or I can be of any assistance in the future.

Ben Carrington
Partner (Sales and Marketing)

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Bunk was the best place I've ever lived abroad! that's impressive how they "connected" such a fantastic, modern design with that cosy atmosphere! Perhaps it's because of the great, helpful staff - thank you Lahika, Mila, Dunya and Muhammet to make my stay so nice and interesting, so many advices! I loved my room and main cafe-bar room, where you can seat with the rest of hostelmates and drink ur beer:) You will unfailingly see me there again my next time in Istanbul! xoxo

Room Tip: I recommand a female dorm, it's agreat value for money and more comfy for girls ;)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cherrymilk
Reviewed March 10, 2013

What a pleasure to stay in a hostel with the quality of a boutique hotel!!!
Definitely one of the best hostels I have ever been to, the ppl working there are super friendly, rooms are beautifully designed, bathrooms are super clean, lounge is very stylish, location is perfect, a 2 minute walk , on a street off istiklal street, which gives you the benefit of some quiet sleep. the breakfast is quite simple though
The only thing that might have bothered me during my stay was that the bathroom in my room had no electricity at night, but I was told they had some power issues and they were working on it, but i guess that's out of the hostel's hands.
It's a great place, don't miss it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Top notch hostel run by an excellent group of people. Don't miss out on this place. I loved the hostel so much, and I'll definitely stay there again! The guys who are working there are awesome,friendly, and very professional. Rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable! The lounge is stylish, great wi-fi and you feel like in a 4 Star Hotel. Location is top -everything in walking distance. If you are planning to visit Istanbul then you need to go to #Bunk! Special thanks to Mila and an amazing Pub crawl!
P.S. Visit the Barber opposite the hostel for a great haircut, face mask and a nice chat with the owner!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Erik R
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I want to thank all the bunk team for my pleasant stay. This place is beautiful and very cozy! I felt like home :) they all speak good english and are so nice. The location is great, about 200m from Istiklal Street and a lot of restaurants, pubs, markets, pharmacy and change office. You can walk about 3km to Sultanahmet (blue mosque, hagia sophia, topkapi palace, grand bazaar, spice bazaar, etc) and at the way visit The Galata Tower and the Galata Bridge. Cleaning service is very good, and that's veryyyy important to me. The only thing that I disliked was the noise from the street (people talking at the street and turkish music all night long from some 24/7 bar) and the loud noise when people closed the doors. But it didn't affect the amazing experience that I had! Planning to return soon :)

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank marinaanzai
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed in the bunk for 1 night and it surprises me. Staffs are very nice (and the adorable kitten too) and the location is excellent. Staying there, you are close to everywhere you would like to visit in Istanbul. There is outdoor bath tub (Open to everyone) at the top of the hostel - A nice place to relax yourself after a tiring one-day-stroll in the city.

Room Tip: The rooms at the top floor are excellent. Computers with internet, outdoor bath tub and little open...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo