“Good Food. Delicious Beer. Friendly Service.”

Taps Brewery Restaurant
Ranked #1,386 of 13,391 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Bar, Italian, American, Turkish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Besiktas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food. Delicious Beer. Friendly Service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I usually visit here when I am in town. I live in Munich where can be a paradise for beer but I really miss the Smoke Lager of Taps with a medium cooked beef steak.
I don’t advise to go there by car. You can use the sea-taxis the pub is just beside bosphorus.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ferhatdayi

• Turkish first
“I Love The Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is the only place where you can drink 2 and pay only one. I love the happy hour of Taps Bebek. Everyday you can drink 2 coctail and pay only one between the hours 11:00 -19:00 including the weekend as well. We usually go there with hour friends. The service is friendly.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Gokce K
Omaha, Nebraska
“CRAFT BEER!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Loved Istanbul so much when I visited but, most of the places I went were missing one key component, good beer. I searched for a while online and finally found Taps in Bebek (which is very far from the city center). I avoided going for the first few days but, after a while I NEEDED a good beer and an efes free environment. I showed up during the day when the restaurant was dead but, to be honest that didn't bother me much. The beer was tasty and the food was ok. If you're a beer lover in Istanbul take the 25-30 minute cab ride and have a quality beer.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Aaron S
Istanbul
“Once a good bar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Taps was the very first microbrewery in town and everybody liked their beer and locations (Nisantası, then Bebek, etc.) however they turned their business into mass production and quality really went down. Lately I visited their Bebek location and though the setting was great, they allowed smoking inside and their craft beer was still the bad taste that I had in my previous visits. Too bad they lost that edge.

Visited December 2012
London
“Perfect combination of view, service and beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Discovered this place by pure luck whilst taking a stroll in the Bebek area of Istanbul. Bebek is quite hip, with lots of posh restaurants, cafes and bars. That particular day I had plenty of time to kill till dinner so I decided to walk pass the center of Bebek. Weather being very hot, I became thirsty in ten minutes. As I was looking for a place where I can rest a little bit, I saw this two story building which looked liked like just what I needed. Taps is a restaurant/bar which is selling its own brewed beer which is very hard to find in Istanbul. They have wonderful view, nothing blocking your eyes meeting the beautiful bosphorus. The service was great and I didn't understand how time passed by as I was sipping my beer. Frankly, there are some nice bars in the center of Bebek as well, but they usually have no sea view and you have to stand crammed on the pavement. If you take the 10 minute extra walk, you can get what you deserve. Will be back next summer!

• Visited August 2012