Location: perfect of course if you have business to do in Kadikoy, or South of it. Old city can be reached in 20 minutes taxi ride, then you have the fun of the greatest ferry ride. I describe it below. It is located one block away from the Suadiye Residence, from which I quickly moved away.
It is located in a side street, between the sea road and Bagdat Street, one block away from the later. So you enjoy all the shops and entertainment, but do not endure the noise. You can easily walk to a few mini-markets and the sea side for a nice walk. The district itself is very pleasant, with quiet streets under the trees.
This is a brand new residence, and their website does not pay justice to the rooms. Those are indeed large and ultra-modern, with many windows and very pleasant design. You have washing machine, laundry, a good kitchen (failing a few accessories though), and comfortable bed.
You can open all the windows, and some rooms (from the 4th floor) have some sea-view, very pleasant. I like the mosquito net on the window in the sleeping room, and the wooden curtains which add to the soundproof.
It has a bit of flaws of course: one window has no wooden curtain, and the light will go through the glass door which separates the sleeping room from the living room, making sure to wake you up in the morning. The TV has an impressive satellite package of 500 Arabic and Central Asian channels, but no BBC or Anglo-saxon entertainment channels. Some of the devices may break down, but there is a technician who can solve it within a day (it is of course not a luxury hotel with a 24 hours technical service). Receptionists are very friendly, but speak very little English. Internet is sometimes unreliable (but free). The hotel is quite silent, except when people walk in their shoes or move furniture in the room above you.
Of course, all those disadvantages melt away when you appreciate the comfort of your own and modern airy apartment with good view, and this for a very moderate price.
Now, How to get from Bagdat Street to the Old City:
1) Flag a collective taxi, called Dolmus, on Bagdat Street, showing “Kadikoy/Begtansi” (something like that… just do not take a Dolmus showing Taksim). Pay 3 Lira per person, say Kadikoy. Stay in the taxi until the terminus, at the ferry piers. It will take around 20 minutes, more on Sunday evening.
2) There are 2 ferry piers. The biggest one is located behind a large decrepit building. From there, 2 ferries leave: one to Eminonu which is the old town. The other leaves to Karakoy, which is all fine as well as you are simply on the other side of the Galata bridge, nice to walk across. The other pier has ferries leaving to Kabatas or Besiktas, which may be good if you want to go to Taksim (by other Dolmus) or visiting the Dolmabahce Palace, but not for the city center.
3) To pay the ferries, just use your Istanbul Card, but this one is difficult to get from the newsstands in Bagdat. Otherwise, pay 2 TYL in the “jetonmatic” machines, which accept coins, TL 5 or 10 (even 20, but I would not risk it).
4) The trips on the ferries are fantastic, the best view on the old town, especially at sunset time.
5) To come back from the city centre, beware that the last ferry from Eminonu leaves at around 20:30 pm, but then you can easily take the ferry back from Karakoy. Karakoy has a few seafood restaurants of typical Turkish atmosphere, not cheap but fresh and they prices are clear. Often the ferry will first stop at the train station, then continue 5 minutes to Karakoy, so stay until everyone gets down. Back to Kadikoy, take a taxi (around TL 20) or the same collective taxi you took on the way here, and ask to stop at Suhadiye Hotel (it will be on the seaside road), walk up 5 minutes to Bagdat, you cannot get wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern residence is located in the Asian side of Istanbul, offering fully equipped luxurious suites. The famous Bagdat Avenue is only 30 metres away with many popular cafes and shops of the famous brands.The spacious suites of One Istanbul Residence are tastefully decorated with comfortable furniture. Each room has air conditioning, central heating system and free Wi-Fi.The suites offer cooking facilities with their private kitchens. All suites have a balcony and some of them feature stunning views of the Marmara Sea and the islands across.Bagdat Avenue is one of the most popular shopping areas of Istanbul. Guests can visit the boutiques, or the restaurants with international and local cuisine.The nearest bus station is only 30 metres from One Istanbul Residence. Sabiha Gokcen Airport is 25 km away. The journey of ONE ISTANBUL HOTEL began approximately 4.5 years ago when the lack of a need for a boutique hotel on the Asian side was recognized. The philosophy was to be different from other Anatolian side hotels where guests would feel special and in a home environment. From this starting point, every detail was planned out and designed meticulously in building the suites, the terrace, reflecting the warmth of a home in a friendly environment. Our main mission is for our guests to have easy access to our boutique hotel, stay long term and miss their accommodations once they left. With suites that offer great comfort and homelike amenities in different sizes, ONE ISTANBUL HOTEL offers its guest a friendly, peaceful and comfortable environment. Go to the Prince Islands give yourself a pleasant break If you feel like getting out of beautiful Istanbul’s crowded streets and getting away from the noise for a while, ONE ISTANBUL HOTEL is approximately 10 minute walking distance from Bostanci ferry terminal which has frequent boats that will take you to Prince Island pier in 30 minutes. Once you are on one of the islands, you will immediately feel like you are on a vacation where you can also taste delicious fresh seafood in a restaurant by the Marmara Sea. With suites that offer great comfort and homelike amenities in different sizes, ONE ISTANBUL HOTEL offers its guest a friendly, peaceful and comfortable environment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your One Istanbul Hotel Suadiye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.