“Wonderful helpful hosts.”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Elizabeth...
“Wonderful helpful hosts.”
Reviewed January 9, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

We were given clear instructions to reach our destination and were picked up from the metrobus station. Tuna and Antonio welcomed us and were eager to assist us whenever we asked for anything. They even got a friend to help us when we had to depart in the snow.
The house was comfortable and we lacked nothing. The only negative point is that although it is within walking distance from the metrobus station, it is not an easy walk in bad weather as the road is quite steep. Antonio and Tuna were always willing to help, but one prefers to be independent and not impose on others while travelling. All in all we were very happy in the garden house although it was winter and we did not make much use of the garden. At such a reasonable price, it was a bargain. Thanks Tuna, Antonio and children.

Date of stay: December 2015
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Katarina...
“If you are a culture vulture and want to experience the local life at the same time don’t look further.”
Reviewed August 27, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

If you are a culture vulture and want to experience the local life at the same time don’t look further than the Lovely Garden House. My second stay was just over three weeks long and I did not want to leave. The house has everything you need including a modern bathroom big enough to dance in and a small walk in closet in the main bedroom big enough to play hide and seek in. There is a new hairdryer in the bathroom and enough storage for all your toiletries. Washing machine is available to use at any time of the day.
The house is located in a garden with plenty of room for an impromptu barbeque or to simply lie in a hammock and listen to the birds happily chirping around the garden. You might have to share the green space with a cat or two, but you won’t find a place in the whole of Istanbul that does not have cats. In my opinion they add to the charm of the place. The garden itself is the perfect place to relax after a day spend sightseeing and/or shopping or after a night spent on the tiles of Istanbul’s clubs. Local bakery is less than five minute walk from the house and there are couple of smaller supermarkets as well as a fruit and veg market couple of minutes’ walk from the bakery. If you would like to get your hair or nails done you can pop into the beauty salon next door do Sok minimarket. If you want to have tea and cake (or breakfast/lunch/dinner) with one of the best views in the city all you need to do is turn left at the gate, walk up the hill and up to the top of the park.
The best part of the whole stay are Tuna and her family. They made me feel part of the family and I was included in their daily life. We spent hours gossiping and talking about everything and anything. We laughed our way around the weekly pazaar (I have pictures of us bent double laughing) and basked in the sun by the sea. We walked our feet off around the big shopping centres and talked late into the night over endless cups of tea and late night salad.
The second best bit? You get to stay in a residential area just accross the water from Europe. Not far to travel to the city centre and close enough to the airports to avoid expensive taxi ride.
I can promise this was not my last visit.

Date of stay: May 2015
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Reviewed June 20, 2015 for a stay in May 2014

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed December 12, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Date of stay: November 2014
Katarina...
“Exactly what I was looking for.”
Reviewed November 2, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked this property for my second week in Istanbul. The house was exactly what I needed. Tuna mace up the double room for me. There is enough storage space and the walk in closet in the double room became home for my possesions. There are four umbrellas in there for a rainy day. I used the second room as a living room, lounging on one of the single beds watching TV. The very spacious and modern bathroom has enough room to dance whilst drying one's hair. The kitchen windows look out at the garden and over at Tuna's house. The kitchen is equiped with everything you need and Tuna is happy to supply additional pots, plates etc. You can at the kitchen table, in the garden or in one of the hammocks.
I was being looked after by Tuna and her two lovely children. We have been to various parts of Istanbul I would have never been to without them. I have fantastic pictures from the local Thursday market not only with Tuna but with some of the stall holders and we had lauged so much my jaw hurt.
I would like to say massive thank you to Tuna and her two children for treating me like a member of their family.

Date of stay: October 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house and Tuna and her children.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Nov 5, 2014
Thank You Katie,It was very nice to have you here. I really enjoyed sharing my time with you while you were here.
Reviewed August 15, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Date of stay: August 2014
Ahm000
Khi
“Amazing stay- definitely doing it again!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

This was such a great decision- definitely looking forward to doing it again. Tuna and her family were extremely hospitable and picked us up from the metro stop on the day we arrived and were always willing to help us with our questions and queries. The garden house was extremely comfortable, with great bedding and a well-equiped kitchen. Its a little far from the old city in that it takes about 40 minutes via public transport to get to the Sultan Ahmet square, however that just added to the charm for us given that we didn't want to be in the noise and din and preferred being in the suburbs. Lazing in the hammocks or walking to the nearby park served as such a treat. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: March 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The family that rented it out. Tuna was extremely helpful and friendly.
Liked least: It was a little far from the city center.
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing