“Good Two weeks in İstanbul.”
Review of Rozin Hotel

Rozin Hotel
Ranked #680 of 1,078 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2012

İ booked a two week stay at the Rozin Hotel which was very cheap. The first room we were given was too small for us as we had a lot of luggage so we asked for a bigger room. Adem the owner said he would have a larger room in two days. We waited and the second room we were given was perfect much bigger.

The Hotel is not far from the tourist attractions and public transport, breakfast was filling and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were booked with this hotel for 5 nights because we were attracted by its price and the good reviews. Well, this is the worst hotel we stayed in ever in turkey or anywhere else. First, we could not find the hotel, why? Because there is no signs of the hotel, no name or number and it looked like one of the poorly maintained house in the neighbourhood instead of a hotel. then once we got in, the manager said the rate we booked was cheap and said that our rate was for the budget room and recommend us to upgrade by paying 25 percent more. He took us to look at the budget room which he said our rate for standard room was for, and the room only has space for 1 small double bed which fits tightly between the 2 walls and there is no space to open our luggage. We have no choice but to pay the extra so we can open 1 luggage on the floor. Next he told us we have to pay in advance at once for all 5 nights because his boss says so as we have 2 nights in between not staying there. We do not have to do this in other hotels and this is very unreasonable but it was late and we have no choice. Once we paid we were not given a receipt. We asked for one and in the end they gave us a hand written note saying we paid for 5 nights instead of a normal receipt! We could not sleep for our first night because this is so dodgy and the room condition. Toilet has no bathtub. Bed covers look old. For our stay, many things broke down. The heater was not working, the wifi broke down every day, there was power outage, tv was a 90s 14 inch crt, some lights were not working and a door was unaligned. Also, the walls were so thin that one night we were just talking in our room and were told to tone down because others are sleeping. Think carefully before choosing this so called hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank meinreflection
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I spent a week in Istanbul and 3 nights at Rozin Hotel. To find the hotel was a complete nightmare, it took me one hour to come from the airport to çemberlitas (the closest tramway stop) and more than one hour to find the hotel. Since there is no indication on the door, no one in the neighbourhood knows it. Indeed, the manager saw a young woman with a suitcase looking for a hotel but didn't mind to ask her if she was looking for Rozin hotel, unlike all the people I met.

Then, when I finally found the hotel, the manager asked me if I was alone, if the person with me was a “he” or a “she”, and then told me that they were overbooked but that they found a solution, an apartment in the same street (we were 2 women, was it linked ?).
Someone was in the apartment, he took his staff and cleaned up while I was there (I sent a mail a week before to ask about the location of the hotel, doesn’t that sound like I was actually coming ? Because I felt it was a surprise…).
The apartment was big, indeed, with a kitchen and a bathroom in the basement and a room and a living in the ground floor. But it was cold, the bathroom was always wet because there was no shower tray. The first night was awful, with this unbearable smell of cigarette, a smell that was on all our clothes afterward.
The manager didn’t really apologize for this situation, but was very proud to tell that we were lucky to have this apartment. How do you feel in the apartment of someone else ?
Instead of apologize, he asked us when we would pay, and as we didn’t pay before the last night, he came to see us at 11:00 pm (!) to ask again when we would pay (for that, I waited the last moment to pay, it was nice enough to pay for such a thing). However, when he said that he would come to see what to do about the cold, he never did.
Of course, during this 3 days, no clean-up, no change of sheets or towels (all that seemed to belong to someone and not to a hotel).

And, to conclude, I really didn't appreciate the questions about my personal life the manager asked me.

Thank God, I haven't book 7 nights there.

Rozin ? Never ever again. Just avoid it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nailiya
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The location of this hotel is perfect - the centre of Istanbul. All sightseeings are very close, all the most famous touristic objects you can reach by walking. Rozin Hotel is comfortable, clean and hospitable to every guest :-) Friendly atmosphere is guaranteed!!! :-)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

There were the most wonderful holidays I had in my life :) I spend great time there with great people!!! I felt like at home there :) Adem and his brother was so helpful. Hotel is in the heart of Istanbul, so if you want to visit the most popular places in Istanbul you can just take a walk, if you want to spend time on coast it's same, just few steps from hotel. Hot water for 24h/day. If you are thirsty and tired you can drink turkish "çay" everytime you want. Breakfast was traditional and very tasty. When you have some problem, you can just ask the staff how to handle it, they will help you for sure.

I will be back there soon :)

Room Tip: each room is cozy
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I really enjoyed to stay here , İt is a small hotel rooms are quite and god decorated. There is 24 hour hot water , free wifi, and when ever there is tea and coffee ready always. Rozin hotel is only 5 munite walking distance to all historical place is Istanbul.I recommend every one this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Fernand090
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Me and my friends stayed in this hotel for one week and had a magnificent stay. Everything here is excellent! If Turks are well known with their hospitality, the Rozin hotel family is much more; they really make you feel the most special! the staffs of the hotel are very nice and welcoming which I believe that everybody would love those people. Although its price is very reasonable, the comfort level is perfect. It is very close to little Agia Sophia and Blue mosque and also Hippodrome. Also,the breakfast is very tasteful and nicely untill 11 am., so you dont have to hurry in the mornings. So you really feel you are on holidays!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends