“Turkey highlights”

Chora Travel Day Trips
Ranked #8 of 409 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: We are member of Tursab ( Association of Turkish Travel Agencies). Chora Travel offer day trips in Istanbul
Singapore
“Turkey highlights”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Did a last minute booking with Chora and was pleasantly surprised that they managed to arrange the trip over the New Year period. The guides that Yusuf arranged were informative and pleasant and at times humorous. Most importantly Yusuf was very responsive to my queries and request. My family enjoyed the trip very much.

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Bologna, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Istanbul thanks to Chora Travel”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Me and my husband were thinking to visit IStanbul since a while. We use to travel a lot during these last years but to be honest, we were little afraid to approach Istanbul by ouserlves, with any knowledge of the language and being so huge city,
We contacted though several agents and we decided to book with contact referent of Chora Travel. She was somehow able to make us feel at ease and safe. She also transmitted us a enthousiastic feelings towards Istanbul and Turkish Culture in general. We agreed an indvidual solution for 7 days stay in Istanbul, including 2 daily tours with private guide and some nice extra (hammam and turkish night cruising the Bosphorus). All the services were excellent from our arrival at the airport, we immediately felt home somehow, like we were going to pay to visit to some relatives or friends. Some delay it's easy, almost normal in Istanbul where lot of differences live all together, where somehow we had the chance to smell past, present and future. Thanks to Chora Travel team, we will surely come back to visit other regions in Turkey.

1 Thank marispan
Lombardore (TO)
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“"Sanza infamia sanza lode" - could be better”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I went visiting Istanbul and Kappadokia (Northern and Souther major actractions) with a short but intensive trip, organized on request over 4 nights stays and 3 full visiting days, and with all the services and accomodations directly managed by this local tour operator, that we contacted from Italy.
I booked all the services by a single contact point (an Italian Tourist Agent, living in Istanbul and working as freelance tourist guide for ChoraTravel) and we arrived with no major issues at the hotel in Istanbul, directly from the airtport with a private car, that was waiting us after the landing. Unfortunately, despite the information received prior leaving Italy, at the arrival at the hotel no one from Chora Travel was waiting us at the hotel or contacted us somehow, so I had to contact the single contact point by myself, in order to define schedules for the day after. The appointment has been fixed at 9.00 a.m. for a guided tour in Istanbul city: our guide (the single contact point in that case) arrived half an hour later with no advice, and we had to contact her by ourself again. The rest of the day went almost fine, apart a long stop (pretty an hour!) at the Chora Travel agency offices, to receive payement receipts and to pay for the air balloon booking. The second day we moved to Goreme in Kappadokia, with an internal fligth. We arrived as per the schedules with no issues, but again with no information provided by our single contact point about the person who was expected to meet that day there. Our private driver arrived later (about an hour delay) and the the local organization decided with no advice to change the tour plan for the first day, from the original Northern visit to Souther visit. Again, we had to contact by ourself the single contact point, and require for an explaination on those changes. Unclear the motivations, and very disappointing the trip that day (driver and car not at the level of the price payed). After my complains to the single contact point, third day went and passed very fine: different driver and differt car, the driver very polite and keeping attention to our interests, made that final day a fantastic one, the best over the entire visit in Turkey. Perfectly organized also the air balloon trip, started at the dawn that day, and resulting in a very exciting experience.
In conclusion: I cannot say Chora Travel worked bad, but nevertheless the global quality of the services provided was not at the top, until I complained with them. On the other side, they reacted quickly and saved the last day, but honestly they should have payed more attention to the overall organization by the beginning. Considering the high price payed for the non standard tour I bought, I have to rate not fully acceptable the quality. To all of whome are interested in this travel agency, I certainly suggest you to evaluate their offert, but please be aware some difficulties can appear if you do not pay attention.

6 Thank dmerlo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No worries with Chora Travel”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

as with most other satisfied customers of Chora Travel, I can only repeat that you won't regret choosing them to organize your trip in Turkey. all the rave reviews they received are most definitely well deserved. particular mention to Yusuf, who besides beings very prompt in replying the e mails, also arranged everything with a lot of thought and care for our convenience and the total holiday experience. Thank you Yusuf.
KP Ng, Malaysia

2 Thank drkpng
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Trip Ever”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was the first time our family visited Turkey. After reading several reviews from Tripadvisor.com, I decided to choose Chora Travel, and am glad that I have made a right decision: excellent service, always on time, and great, responsive service. Thank you very much Yusuf.

1 Thank A D S