“GREAT TRIP !”

Chora Travel Day Trips
Ranked #8 of 412 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: We are member of Tursab ( Association of Turkish Travel Agencies). Chora Travel offer day trips in Istanbul
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“GREAT TRIP !”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My sister and I have just returned from a 10-day vacation in Turkey. We had a great time and would like to say a big thank you to Yusuf and team at Chora Travel. We opted for the semi private tour and the itinerary arranged by Chora suited us well as it gave us a lot of flexibility - we had time to explore on our own and at the same time the small group tours was a good way to make new friends from other countries. Transfers went smoothly and on time. No issues with accommodation, nice hotels! They provided knowledgeable guides with good English. In short, we're happy with their service, professional and attentive. So thanks again Chora Travel, in particular Yusuf, guides Serchan and Harun, and Adem our responsible driver for 3 days who helped with our sightseeing and introduced us to Hamsi sandwich in Kusadasi :)

Visited December 2012
5 Thank mazkam

• Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Istanbul October 2012”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had an excellent experience again - this time I sent my parents to experience the same tour I had last year with my wife. My parents enjoyed Turkey like nobody - they had a blast with the food, with the attractions, loved the cave hotel, the caves in Cappadoccia, the tour in Ephesus, they found Izmir as an unbelievably beautiful place, and of course, Istanbul was simply magic.
Thank you!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank MedPeds
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Joyful moments in every journey”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The itinerary planned was very detailed and comprehensive. For a 10 day trip, we got to visit the important landmarks in turkey. It got more interesting as days went by. It was a cosy trip as most of the guided tour was in small groups. We even made more friends during this trip. The hotels recommended by Chora was amazing even though they were 3 star hotels! Overall, I was very satisfied with the trip! Thank you!

3 Thank Aishah20
Alexandria, Virginia
169 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 348 helpful votes
“Professional service with a personal feel”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Chora Travel organized a five-day itinerary for me when I was traveling solo during my last week of a three-week holiday in Turkey. I contacted Chora Travel because they were mentioned by other travelers as the agency that arranged for a stay at Vineyard Cave Hotel in Goreme, Cappadocia region. I also noted the many positive reviews on TA about Chora Travel itself. I appreciated the quick response from Yusuf to the initial inquiry I sent via their website, even though I sent it very late at night. The subsequent e-mail exchanges were no earlier either because I was out and about Istanbul during the day, yet Yusuf promptly responded to all of them and addressed all of my questions.

On the first day of the tour, Engin picked me up from the ISG Airport Hotel at 5 a.m. because I would be meeting a group in Taksim, about 40 km away. He even bought me breakfast at a borekcisi on our way to Taksim. Freshly-baked borek and apple tea helped ease my worries about traveling solo for the next few days.

In Taksim, I joined a small group for a tour of Gallipoli. RSL Tours, the agency in Cannakale that Chora Travel worked with, was great. We were a van of 12 tourists who had booked the tour with various agencies in Istanbul. The drive from Istanbul (Taksim Square) to the RSL Tours office in Eacebat was about five hours. When the Gallipoli tour ran longer than expected and I missed the ferry to cross the Dardanelles, our RSL Tours guide, Hassan, drove me to another ferry terminal on the peninsula, so that I could catch another ferry instead of waiting an hour for the next ferry at the original terminal. It was great that Hassan was also our tour guide to Troy the following day.

Transportation from Canakkale to Kusadasi following the Troy tour was via public buses, Truva from Canakkale to Izmer, then Pamukkale from Izmir to Kusadasi. I was fortunate to have befriended another American family so I did not have to do this leg of the journey on my own. I e-mailed Yusuf regarding some concerns I had about the transportation logistics of this part of the itinerary, and he was very open to my feedback and addressed my concerns.

The following day, when I shared some questions and concerns I had of the arrangements with Crossroads Travel private driver in Ephesus, Yusuf amended the situation and I was promptly refunded. I truly appreciated this level of customer service from Chora Travel; I felt reassured that even though I was traveling alone and far from Istanbul, Yusuf (and any assistance) was only a phone call/text/e-mail away. Yusuf’s openness to feedback and prompt responses to my e-mails demonstrated professionalism with a personal feel.

On the next leg of the journey, the bus transportation, again with Pamukkale, as well as the transfer from Kusadasi to Antalya was much improved. T4T travel agency in Pamukkale was very helpful in getting to the right bus on time following a small group tour of Hierapolis-Pamukkale. I was also very happy with the accommodations at Mediterra Art Hotel in Kaleici (old town) Antalya, which Chora Travel booked for me at no extra cost when the original accommodations had no room.

In Antalya, there was no group tour available for me to join, so Chora booked me an excellent private car driver, Hussein. He not only had an excellent command of English, but also very well-versed in a variety of topics. I enjoyed our discussions during the drive between sites and learned a lot from him about Turkish culture. It was Mr. Hussein who picked me up from the Antalya otogar when I arrived, drive me to the ruins of Perge, Aspendos, and Side, and dropped me off at Antalya airport when I left. It was a joy to explore the ruins on my own instead of being part of a tour group, because I could spend as much or as little time on seeing something without inconveniencing anyone.

Upon my return to Istanbul, I was keen on meeting Yusuf in person so I could thank him for the assistance he gave. I had tried to meet up with him in Sultanahmet before I left, we seemed to miss each other every time. Consequently, my entire itinerary had been arranged online and apart from a couple of minor glitches, my five-day itinerary was truly enjoyable. Yusuf went out of his way to meet up with me for a drink on my last night in Istanbul,and was so kind to drop me off at the Metro so I can go to Sultanahmet to meet up with another friend.

Because of the help from Chora Travel, Yusuf, Engin, their team, and their travel agency partners in Canakkale, Aydin, Denizli, and Antalya, I had an enriching travel experience in Turkey. I hope to have a return visit soon and plan to have Chora Travel a part of that.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank CCC_wanderlust
Terrigal, Australia
229 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 297 helpful votes
“Excellent organisation”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We contacted Chora Travel several months before we were going to travel in Turkey. Over that time,between what I wanted to do and with their suggestions we agreed upon an itinerary that suited our requirements.
Our trip to Turkey couldn't have been better. Accommodation was fantastic, organised travel arrangements were spot on and the tours that we took in various parts of the country were exceptional.
Nero, who we met in Goreme, was very keen to ensure that our on-going arrangements were well understood.
Particular mention has to be made of Engin, who picked us up at the bus depot in Istanbul and several days later took us to Istanbul airport for departure.
Nero, Engin and the other Chora Travel members that we met could not have been more helpful, friendly and accommodating.
Whilst we had a problem with Crossroads Travel in Selcuk when they failed to book us onto a bus to Canakkale, this was not Chora Travel's fault and when we contacted Chora Travel regarding this they compensated us.
Having spent almost three weeks in Turkey we couldn't speak highly enough of Nejo and ChoraTravel. Our time in Turkey was great, we saw everything we wanted to see in our time there and Chora Travel took the plane/car/bus time organisation out of our hands.

Visited August 2012