All reviewssingle roomshared bathroomgreat locationblue mosqueenjoyed my stayhostelshowersleepcleanliness
Reviewed December 26, 2016

Whilst the room and hotel itself may be fairly vintage, the location of the hotel is excellent - It's off the main street and only within 2-3minutes walk to the Sirkeci station and within walking distance to the Blue Mosque & Hagia Sophia, you can practically hear the azan from the Blue Mosque in the morning and walk to to the Blue Mosque thereafter.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2016

The hotel / hostel is in my opinion an excellent budget choice. It is close to the harbour and the old town with all hte historical monuments. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was basic but comfortable with a private bathroom. BTW, earplugs might come in handy as people were using the toilet at night and it was next door. But I'm a terribly light sleeper and always have earplugs on me when I travel so I was ok. Overall, I had a great stay. Will definitely use it again. Thank you Mustafa!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2016

After a cancelled flight, I needed a place to stay and arrived in Istanbul at 8am. They let me in the room right away with no extra charge and the manager was extremely understanding. The room I stayed in was basic and clean enough - certainly not the Four Seasons - but for the availability and price who could complain. Shared bathroom facilities were very clean and building is beautiful and in a great location. Overall- would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank andrew d
Reviewed June 8, 2016

My daughter (8) and I have just returned from our second stay at Yeni Hotel. Shukru who manages it, is so friendly and kind. Several rooms have been totally updated with new bathrooms, furniture, lighting and décor. We had wonderful sleep there. The hotel is in the perfect location for exploring Istanbul. Its just behind Sirkeci metro station, which connects to Ataturk Airport and the rest of the city. Its a city hotel but with the huge advantage of being a 2 mins stroll from huge tranquil beautiful Gulhane Park, the Sultan's former rose garden, with its great value restaurant with a big terrace overlooking the trees, butterflies and flowers and a perfect view of the parakeets swooping around - magical! Try the Breakfast Plate for 22TL - my favourite! Yeni hotel is 3 mins stroll from Topkapi Palace, 5 mins stroll from Haghia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, and the square between the latter is where all the Big Bus tours start. We adore Istanbul and our little home from home at Yeni - so much so that we are basing ourselves there next Summer Holidays whilst we visit the main sites on the Silk Road, all of which are easily accessible via budget flights from the Istanbul airports.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole W
Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

This place is located right where you need it to be. So close to key transportation hub to take you wherever you need to go. Plus is right in between and within walking distance to all the historical sights in Istanbul. The staff is friendly and helpful and rooms neat. What else does a traveler need?!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo