“First class service - nothing is too much trouble!”
Review of Barefoot Travel

Barefoot Travel
Ranked #12 of 123 Outdoor Activities in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are an intrepid traveler or a casual tourist — whether you are travel planning for a private group of aficionados or for you and your best friend — you will love working with BarefootPlus. We listen, and then design — with you — a trip to fulfill your dreams. Let’s plan your trip together. Choose one of the standard itineraries below or let us help you personalize an experience just for you in Turkey.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
York UK
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“First class service - nothing is too much trouble!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have been travelling to Istanbul for many years now both visiting family and simply enjoying the city itself. Cengiz and his team at Barefoot Travel have looked after us in so many different ways - arranging visits both for ourselves and our friends ,recommending hotels and simply sorting out problems we have encountered with the airline as happened earlier this year when we stayed overnight in the city on the way to Japan.I cannot recommend the team highly enough.

Visited April 2014

• Vietnamese first
Frankfurt, Germany
“Istanbul & Ephesus”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My friend and I recently traveled to Turkey for the first time. I heard amazing things about this country and had the chance to explore this beautiful country with the help of Barefoot Travel.

Selin Ozus of Barefoot Travel coordinated our itinerary spanning 3 days, which included 2 day tours in Istanbul and a 1 day trip to Ephesus. To say the least, the customer service was HANDS DOWN the most incredibly nice and genuine interaction!!! Turkey on the whole has one of the most nicest people in Europe and on the globe, and Selin was certainly a prime example. From the planning stages of the Turkey trip to meeting us in person, she absolutely made our experience in Turkey wonderful.

As far traveling with the tours, we booked 3 full day tours. We explored the major attractions and flashed back in history learning about what made Turkey special given its geographic location and culture. From the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Sultan Palace, Grand Bazaar, the lists of landmarks blew all expectations!! Pictures cannot capture the immense detail and majestic nature of what you witness. The tours even included lunch and exposed us to the great cuisine offered in Turkey. Our 3rd day offered tours of the ancient city of Ephesus. The history packed behind the ruins the tour guides led us through was spot on.

Tripadvisor ranks Istanbul as the top destination in the world. This is the TRUTH!!! I look forward to checking out Turkey again and will DEFINITELY reach back to Barefoot travel to experience more of this wonderful country!!

-Happy traveler, Sam

Visited July 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family and I just returned to North Carolina from a tour of Istanbul & Ephesus. Barefoot Travel arranged everything for us, including a very nice hotel located 1 block away from the Hagia Sophia (in Istanbul) and flights to/from Izmir where we took the day to explore ancient Ephesus and the surrounding areas. The hotel in Istanbul was in a perfect location. We could walk to everything...shops, sites, and restaurants. Tours were done over several days and included all the highlights of Istanbul, a half day cruise of the Bosporus Straits, lunches, and sites that I had not heard of but enjoyed very much (e.g., the hill overlooking the city and a waterfront palace). For the trip to Ephesus, we stayed in a little Turkish village at a cozy hotel overlooking a valley and dotted with fruit trees and little paths inviting adventure. The morning we left, we hiked up to a place where the hotel had prepared a beautiful breakfast with fresh fruits, cheeses, juice, olives, eggs, jams, breads....all outdoors under a canopy and overlooking the valley. It was amazing. Selin, at Barefoot Travel, took care of everything for us. She and her colleagues were very professional and very down-to-earth. She checked on us throughout our trip to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. Her client service was excellent. I would absolutely recommend Barefoot Travel to anyone traveling to Turkey.

Visited June 2014
Barefoot T, Operations Executive at Barefoot Travel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Hello Jerry, thank you so much for your appreciation and your trust on our services. Even before coming to Turkey, you made me feel free to organise things for you! I am very pleased to have assisted and taken a good care of your trip and stay in Istanbul and Ephesus, it was really pleasure for me. I hope we will see for another time in the future, as well..
All the best,
Selin
Ahkuoi31
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, great people!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The staff is very helpful and they pick the best tour guides!! They looked after us throughout turkey and were able to fix any small problems without any issue. They personalized our tour to what we wanted to do and that made the trip amazing!

1 Thank Ahkuoi31
Barefoot T, Operations Executive at Barefoot Travel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much, it was really pleasure to meet five of you...
Very cheerful and energetic you all!
Hope to see you again in the future!
Selin
Bisbee, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Barefoot Travel - personal service beyond expectations!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My family and I recently traveled to Turkey for the first time. Barefoot Travel made our arrangements for our hotel, transfers and tours of Istanbul's historic sites and a side trip to Ayvalik,Turkey. I am not sure we would have had the trip of a lifetime without the personal service of Barefoot Travel. Halide, the operations manager, personally met us at our hotel the first evening. We were able to visit with her and ask questions about our arrangements at anytime. Most importantly, she arranged a complicated overnight bus trip to Ayvalik. Because the bus could not enter the city center due to its size, Halide made arrangements for the driver to take us to a smaller bus station and then transfer by taxi to our hotel. Imagine my surprise when the driver handed me his cell phone and Halide was calling to make sure everything was fine - at 6:00 a.m.! Now that is what I call exceptional service. I can't imagine returning to Turkey without Barefoot Travel. Marguerite C.

1 Thank Marguerite C