“Not one sentence, one word 'exquisite'” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 212 Istanbul Suites

212 Istanbul Suites
Ranked #20 of 1,173 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
“Not one sentence, one word 'exquisite'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just came home from 2 days getaway. The room we stayed was definitely came out of the hands of a refine-pleasured interrior designer. All utilities were in-place and ready to go. The room was spacy and clean but the best perk is proximity to all the fun you may think of if you are an urban-bug. Straight 5s from me to the facility and to the staff

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Happy737pilot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
State of Minas Gerais
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in Asia suite on 5th floor. Ir was a little but hard ro climb up with my luggages, but the owner help me. She was very kind and helpful. The suite was very clean, confortable, safe, modern, with excelent location. I really Recomend this place to spend a nice time in Istanbul

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Mreis79
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Accommodation exceeded expectations, very spacious and comfortable. Excellent Bunk cafe downstairs, great breakfast very cheap. Also lovely to come back after a long day and enjoy a beer/coffee with a book.

Owner very friendly and extremely helpful, spoke excellent English.

Well situated and close to Metro. Very easy to get main tourist sites.

Had a great time, will be back next year.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Smiffy1955
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

My name is Eduardo Oliveira and I am researcher in destination branding. I often travel to Istanbul to give presentations at different Universities and I used to say that "I have a home in Istanbul". That so emotionally called home is named as 212 Istanbul Suite.

In one amazing location close to everything we need as business or leisure tourists I always make of my floor or suite, my work place, my private place, my meeting place. Is comfortable, clean, well decorated and equipped and inspiring. All I need to work and create.

My next visit to Istanbul for sure I will stay here, because I like to stay in places where the staff members call us by the name, say hello when they see us. Emotions are a fundamental part of a travel experience.

Room Tip: Great location, Great facilities.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Eduardo98
Lahore, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at 212 suites for 11 nights. I wouldnt hesitate to say that it was the BEST decision we ever took! The place was lovely with an amazing location. We were right in the middle of action without being disturbed. We stayed at the Europe Suite right on the first floor and absolutely loved the cozy and elegant apartment. Everything was in great condition but I would recommend a small rack in the shower for keeping toiletteries. We never got to meet Berkey but he was always available and helpful via watsup. I really am grateful to Elizabeth for all her care and support. She went out of her way to make us feel at home and provided us with everything including a supply of candles heehee ;-) Thank you for making us feel so loved and will surely stay at 212 whenever we visit Istanbul again !!!

3 Thank PinkMiles
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed 4 nights (July 19-22) on the second floor apartment. The location is excellent, close to Taksim square, in a very lively area of the city, and only a short walk to the metro. The choices for food around the area are endless! We didn't cook but had everything (full set of dishes and silverware, serveware etc.) we needed to eat dinner that we bought. We also shopped at a close by super market for other meals and I was happy to have a full size fridge to store everything. I was surprised to see a full size washer. It could definitely be handy for an extended stay. The apartment is exactly what we were looking for this trip--good size, nice layout, nice furniture, and not noisy at all. Of course I was happy with the free WiFi, and the owner/manager (Berkay) was available pretty much all the time for any questions or help we needed. He arranged for pick up from the airport and back, gave us information about public transportation, suggested places for food and desert. What else can you ask from a host!! I was happy with our choice of Istanbul Suites and will definitely recommend it to friends who are visiting in the Fall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Eva L
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed 7 days in one of the apartments of the 212 Istanbul Suites. The location is great, a short walk from Taksim place with easy access to public transportation. The apartment itself was of good size, nicely decorated (with rather basic furniture) but we kept wondering if it was really up to the Tripadvisor rating. Why? First of all, the apartments are in an incredibly noisy area and the walls are thin. It's a challenge to find some sleep on friday and saturday nights if you are the early bird kind. Then there's no lift and it's a challenge to climb the stairs 3 or 4 times per day if you end on a high floor. Finally, the bathroom was rather small and very basic with a ridiculously small washbasin.
Were all those a big problem?.. Definitely not! We had a great holiday in Istanbul but the TA reviews made us expect much more of the 212 Istanbul Suites...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family