“Exelent location, modern and large suite”

212 Istanbul Suites
Ranked #22 of 1,259 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The location is great, literally 2 mins walking to the istiklal street and 4 mins to taksim square and the metro. The room is large, and niceley furnished. I found the price really fair for a suite in this location. Its just not an hotel with all services and restaurants and spas, but for me its even better because i like to try new restaurant every day. I recomended

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank jabss
ISTANBUL S, Owner at 212 Istanbul Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Ali,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Looking forward to seeing you in Istanbul,next time.

Best Regards,
Berkay Akarsu.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had a great time at 212 Istanbul Suites. Very comfortable set-up in a fantastic location. Just off Istaklal and a few minutes walk from Taksim Square, yet very quiet late at night.

They are serviced apartments rather than a typical hotel, but have someone on call 24/7 if needed.

There was a slight mix-up in dates (due to a confusing communication on my part) and we accidentally booked it for an extra night when we were out of Istanbul. Although we were willing to pay for the extra night, the staff at 212 insisted that they waive the extra charge.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ntate

Dear Chris ,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of 212 Istanbul Suites.Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights which is a good guide for our future visitors.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel during your visit in Istanbul.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We staying for 3 nights and the location being just off Taksim Square was perfect . WAY WAY better than the old town full of tourist hustle . The suite was large and airy with all mod cons and all for 70E a night.
The luxury van service to and fro Sabiah was a lifesaver as its a little tough to find first off. 50E was a bargain each way.

Room Tip: The higher up the better!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris P
berkayakarsu, Owner at 212 Istanbul Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

My Chris ,

I would like to thank you for your review about 212 Istanbul Suites on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

212 Suites have very nice luxurious rooms in a great location.. The 200 meter access to istiklal made my stay really fun.

I travel to istanbul once every couple of months.. After staying here, I will not be staying in other areas I imagine. The street has nice little cafes, including some very modern cafes. Since its just behind Istiklal the shopping and food is fantastic and easily accessible.

My room was very large with full kirchen, dining table, massive screen tv, lounge.. and all furniture was brand new and stylish. The bed was a quality king size.

Overall I highly recommend 212.

Room Tip: I saw two rooms, both had similar facilities but different design. Room i stayed in wa son the 2.nd...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Nedster

Dear Ned,

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Both Berkay and Mehmet made the trip far more then an ordinary hotel
They take pride in making you feel welcome to their city and actually taking you out and showing you the town
Th rooms are much more like a proper apartment
Yes there is noise bit that is what you get from being in the heart of the action
Would highly recommend to anyone looking for something more then a standard hotel room

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank rogerz

Dear Roger ,

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Asia room for four nights.

Loved the location, on a side street of istaklal. Yes sometimes we could here the odd music but did not affect our sleep in the slightest.

Berkay was extremely helpful. I emailed him several times for directions, information and within half an hour I would recieve my reply.

To reach the Asia room does involve climbing a few flights of stairs, however it would not put us off staying here again.

The actual room was very modern with a ipod charger, and a tv which could be swivelled in all directions. We however only managed to find one english channel. The central heating system worked well also. The bed was comfortable as was the sofa. The only slight issue was the bathroom. The shower is fine and works well however some parts of the bathroom had black mould, which led to the bathroom smelling. The bathroom has chipboard wallpaper, whilst the rest of the apartment is spot on its a shame the bathroom let it down slightly. The mould issue could be easily solved.

The apartment was well equipped with plates, glasses etc. Maybe we missed it, however we did not find any washing up liquid or any handwash. There was shower gel and soap provided in the bathroom.

Having never stayed in apartments I dont know whether this is or is not the norm. However another slight issue was the lack of safe. The room is apparently not entered unless informing us first however I still would have felt more comfortable with a safe in the room. We had no issues however, I feel future guests would also appreciate a safe.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, have reccomended to friends and family and would definetely stay again in the future.

Another side thing I will mention is the metro system as we found it confusing. Taksim has a fannicular which you can get from the square. This fannicular take you down the hill to the metro stops, for all the main attractions sultanamet etc. The fare for the fanicular is 3 lira one way and the fare for the metro is 3 lira for each stop you get off. The fannicular and metro uses a jeton (3 lira) red chip system. There are machines where you can get jetons are all over stations. We got into the habit off collecting a couple of jetons and keeping spare on us.
We saw locals using a card system rather than the jetons on the metro/fannicular. This makes each trip apparently cheaper, however we decided just to use jetons.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Flyingkaiser

My Dearest Guest,

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had an amazing experience here! Berky who runs the place IS THE BEST. The plase is the best location cant ask more. Perfect place to stay whilst visiting Istanbul. If you need any help to get arround or organising your next tripp Berkay is they guy you need to go to :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple