“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Azade Suites
Ranked #582 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were greeted at the hotel upon arrival by the receptionist (Bakar). We were offered a room upgrade since I requested for a room with the view of the Blue Mosque but I decided to stay in the family suite since the Kids get proper beds instead of the sofa beds in the King Suite. The room was spacious with Jacuzzi in the bath tub and a Nespresso machine. Checkout was also smooth with help by the other receptionist (Samir).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank H_Ahmad

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

hotel was close to blue mosque and haghia sofia. it's location is perfect and i definetly suggest it. It locates in a quite and isole region and its breakfast good. And thanks to hotel personel Mutlu and Bekir was really concerned with me. I had a great holiday. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Alisson Q
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have spent 4 nights in Azade,

Advantages:
- nicely decorated room
- very comfortable bed with great matress

Disadvantages:
- we paid for junior suit, during arrival receptionist was very polite, after chek in I notice that we were booked into classic room, I went back to receptionist and she tried to make me sure that is junior suite (room was smaller for about 20 m2!) I kindly asked her to contact manager, first night junior suite was not available, second day we moved to the right room
- in both rooms was mold in bathroom, generally bathrooms need refresh regarding silicons and get rid of mold
- breakfast very basic, needs urgent upgrade, after 2 days we went to eat breakfast outside
- I do not recommend Azade Suites

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank z44p
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I would like to thank Ahmet for his excellent service to me during my stay.
Ahmet is in the right business for his personality. He knows customer service perfectly.
When the hotel was full, he quickly found another hotel nearby.
My friend had stayed, and we missed a chance to be together for New Years Eve... Ahmet was quick to recommend alternative celebrations, with driver service and return.
Again...
I would like to Thank Ahmet for his excellent service and his knowledge.
You made my stay most enjoyable!!!
I will return!

Sandra from Canada :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rochelle, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I knew I wanted to stay at this hotel the moment I saw the pictures but it was more expensive than I wanted to pay. I was able to get a much better deal by waiting until the week before our trip over Thanksgiving.
We arranged for the airport pick up, which was efficient. The only thing is that most hotels give you a free one way pick up with 3 nights stay but not this hotel but not a big deal.
When we arrived we were informed that there was a problem with our room (the family suite). The truth was that they had overbooked it. So they put us in two separate rooms, one on the 2nd floor and one on the 3rd floor. My kids stayed on the 2nd floor in a very spacious junior suite, my husband and I were given a smaller one on the 3rd floor but it had a nice little balcony with views of Hagia Sophia and the sea of Marmara. Overall this worked out because our kids are big enough to stay in a room by themselves without any problems but would have been a problem if they had been little. The rooms were very nicely decorated, the beds were very comfortable, the TV had some English channels and was fairly large and the rooms were pretty spacious. My kids loved the jaccuzzi tub and so did I after a transatlantic flight.
The second day our bags were moved to the family room, where they put the extra bed in the second room. This made that room really snug but our kids liked being in their own room with their own tv. The main room had the master bed in an alcove and the living room area with the mini fridge and coffee/tea maker plus a larger tv. There was couch and a couple armchairs where we could sit and chat in the evenings and enjoy some apple tea. The beds were also very comfortable, the decor lovely, the great jaccuzzi tub. It was the perfect room for our family of five. There are two small Juliet balconies that give you views of the Blue Mosque. The only thing that I didn't like was that there was a bit of mold in all 3 bathrooms.
The location is fantastic just a block and half down from the Blue Mosque in a lovely street full of little shops and restaurants. There were a couple mini-markets nearby and a wonderful kabob cart on the corner. Because it is so close to the Blue Mosque you do hear the call to prayer but after a day or two it didn't bother us at all. The rooms on the back of the building are extremely quiet, almost eery. In the front you hear a few cars come and go but the double panes really damper most of the noise. The young lady at the front desk was fantastic and made our stay extraordinary, the other man was not as friendly. She arranged for a Turkish bath for us and called for directions one day and was just overall very friendly.
There were a couple things that the hotel should do to improve: provide a book with directions on how to work the heat, prices for the mini-bar (only the water was free but you must ask), tv channel guide, hotel procedures, etc...They also badly need an alarm clock, preferably with a docking station, it's 2012 afterall. I also was going to be charged for the call the front desk made asking for directions for me, but she waived it when I complained. We were taken to the airport with the same efficiency and care as the pick up.
The breakfast is just a couple doors down at the parent hotel. It had a tremendous variety of items with enough things to please even my picky kids. It is Turkey after all and several of the items are savory but that is what they eat. But I still had plenty of cereal, bread, eggs/meat choices to keep me looking forward to it every morning. Overall this was a great hotel, not luxurious but more than adequately meeting the needs of an american family that travels a lot. My kids give it a 7 our 10 with points being deducted for not having a pool and I give it a 8.5 for the little things that are missing. They should really utilize their top floor balcony. It would be a great place for a pool or a hot tub with the awesome views. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are extremely quiet but the ones in the front have a view of the Blue Mosque...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at Azade Suites in Nov-Dec 2012 for a weekend. The hotel is wonderful, beautifully decorated, clean, spacious, and in a perfect location. Particularly, the shower was amazing! The staff were very sweet and helpful. The complimentary tea and coffee making facilities were super nice, and the free wifi worked well.

The only downside was the breakfast (served at a hotel next door), the food was dull at best, greasy and flavorless overall. The orange juice was nice tough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank Nono Louise Eli... H
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and were very happy with our stay. Upon arrival we were upgraded to the King Suite, with views of the Blue Mosque and the Marmara sea. The service was very good, the room is of modern design, as seen in the photos. The bed is very very comfortable, when we arrived we thought we'll have a problem because there was no upper sheet, only a thin blanket (apparently this is not unusual in Turkey), but there was a duvet in the wardrobe so there were no problems and sleep quality was excellent (you can adjust the room temperature as you prefer).
The hotel offers complimentary tea and coffee making facilities in room, and free wifi which worked smoothly.
Location is great, a couple of minutes from all the main Sultanahmet sights. There is a street with many restaurants around the corner, Abbiyik Caddesi, I recommend Tria Elegance restaurant.
The only minus is the rather poor breakfast, but on the plus side it is served in a beautiful setting
with views of the Marmara sea.

Our stay was wonderful and it made our trip to Istanbul an unforgettable experience and I recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple