Kumru Hotel
  • Restaurant
Oba Hotel(Istanbul)
Daphne Hotel(Istanbul)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2012

During our 10 days in Turkey we stayed in a couple of hotels in and outside Istanbul. Kumru Hotel was the best of all. Our experience with the hotel owners and staff was absolutely positive - they are extremely friendly and helpful. They always offer their guests help without imposing. The room was very clean, including the stylish bathroom. The view from the hotel is not that of a sea or the Blue Mosque but a typical Istanbul small street that well corresponds with the hotel's setting near the Kücük Ayasofia, in a neighbourhood where one can well experience the real Turkish element.
The breakfast on the terrace of the hotel was another experience. It was rich and tasty.
We were also well advised by one of the hotel's owners on a trip outside Istanbul that was definitely worth it and that enriched our stay there.
If we go back to Istanbul, we will definitely stay at the Kumru Hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dan h
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Initially booked in 3 nights at Divas Hotel. They were supposed to be my last 3 days of the trip before heading back. The bad reception service I got that evening at Divas really turned me off. Went up to the bedroom, very small (nice view though), with no bath tub.. Not worth the price I pay for. After checking in at the Divas went strolling down to find a place to have a bite to eat. By passing this new hotel ( thought it was a restaurant) the guy at the reception was waiving at me and my friends. We decided to go in and check it out. Showed us the room, large bathroom with bath tub, brand new reno. I just learnt that they had just opened for 2 weeks. This Turkish reception person turned out to be the owner of the hotel. So nice of him to show us the way to a good restaurant around. We decided to get out of the Divas Hotel the next morning and stayed at Kumru Hotel for the next 2 days. It was the best decision of the last leg of my trip. The Hotel also arranged for us this lovely restaurant at the fish market for the new year eve evening, met some nice German couples. Had a good experience and the vibrance that the Turkish celebrating New Year count down I would never forger.... I would recommend this hotel to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank CSSN
Reviewed December 21, 2011

First time in Istanbul with friends. Stayed for 7 days and found this pleasant and comfortable hotel in the Sultanahmet neighborhood. Within walking distance of the Hippodrome, the Blue mosque, the Hagia Sophia and the tram that runs towards the Grand Bizarre and spice market.
The staff was very kind and hospitable and treated us to a large breakfast each morning and gave us lots of help in finding our way around the city.
Our rooms were very well appointed with beautiful, large marbled bathrooms.
I highly recommend Hotel Kumru for anyone visiting this marvelous city.

Room Tip: Even smallest rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
MCT672, Owner at Kumru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Thank you for the kind response. With just opening the week of your stay, we appreciate your input and patience as we worked through some bugs. We hope to see you again soon at the Kumru Hotel and are glad that we met your expectations.

Regards

Reviewed December 19, 2011

WOW!!! From the warm greeting of the driver at the airport, they arranged to have a car pick me up, to the warm Chai and greeting at the desk, to the cozy well appointed room I was given. I can't tell you how impressed I am. The Staff, the decor, the breakfast on the roof. So much more than a sterile corporate hotel. I was in a jam for a room to meet my last minute arrangements for a conference and I stumbled up on this new hotel. Gave it a chance and my exprience was wonderful. They were still in the process of opening and had a few minor hiccups, but they immediately offered a discount to offset the inconvenience. (Elevator was not running yet).
The Inn Keepers, Melissa, Salhi, Ali and Abdul all went out of their way to make sure my stay was great. Hidden little tips for the native's view of Istanbul from Abdul, Ali makind sure I had the right cleaner for my clothes, Salhi with his personal tour to take me to the infamous Turkish Meatball place near the blue Mosque and Melissa ever ready with a warm cup of Chai and smile. I felt like a Sultan. Book now and I promise you will be amazed.

Room Tip: The smaller rooms face the main street and can offer a limited view of the Marmar sea. Larger rooms easily can accomodate 5 people. That is what I will choose when I come back in April withe the camily.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind review. We are glad you found both the hotel and our staff satisfactory and glad to hear you plan to come back soon. We also appreciate the feedback during your stay as we have just newly opened and appreciate your time in doing this. The large rooms will be a good choice if you return with friends as it can accommodate up to four comfortably, or it can be configured as a suite with a double bed with the twin beds converted to an L shaped couch which would be very comfortable for two for a longer stay.

Kind Regards and Happy Travels

Reviewed December 18, 2011

What a jewel of a find! This was our first trip to Turkey, and we decided to focus on Instanbul since the city bridges East and West, as well as ancient times and modernity. We were quite lucky to find the Kumru Hotel, which is tucked away in a neighborhood of cobblestone streets and little shops and restaurants, while being only a five to 10 minute walk either from the beautiful waterfront or the most important sites in the city (The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, The Grand Bazaar).

The owners are like family and bend over backwards to make sure everything is perfect. The newly opened hotel features clean, well appointed rooms of a design modern yet very comfortable. They work hard to remove all potential sources of stress, including providing a quite large continental breakfast each morning, free internet access, assistance with airport transfers, and plenty of advice about where to go and what to see.

Of course we'll be back, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else now that we've found the Kumru. Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the kind review. We are thrilled that you had a great stay with us and am pleased we were able to help make your first trip to Istanbul a great and memorable experience. We appreciate the kind comments as we strive to make sure our guests have a great experience not only when at the hotel but that we assist in making their entire trip enjoyable.

Kind Regards