“the perfect day with Eda!”
Review of istanbulite

istanbulite
Ranked #25 of 77 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a travel agency, specializing exclusively in private guided tours in Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia and Bodrum. We are passionate about Istanbul and that is why we do what we do.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friends and I visited Istanbul this summer and Eda took us on an amazing tour. We only had one day together, and she took us to Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, and Hagia Sophia, where we never waited in line and we learned so much from Eda! She is incredibly knowledgeable about the history of the City. She also took us through wonderful neighborhoods, and was quite helpful in equating certain neighborhoods with different neighborhoods of New York City, where we were visiting from. In addition, Eda took us to one of her favorite cafes with amazing pizzas! It was a perfect day and we were very lucky to have Eda as our tour guide.

1  Thank isabelle957
There are newer reviews for istanbulite

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My parents were visiting Istanbul for the first time and we hired Sinan to spend two days showing us around. The tour was great - we we able to go at our own pace through the different sights and Sinan knew interesting details about all the places we visited.

Also - Sinan had fantastic food recommendations for dinner, lunch and even our coffee snacks. I highly recommend Istanbulite.

3  Thank Nellie A
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I decided to call a tour guide instead of wondering around aimlessly all day long in Istanbul.. We were coming in from Bodrum and only had one full day left that wasn't going to be all ready booked. We liked the website so we called Eda and set up the tour about four days in advance. We were very lucky to get her for a full day. They are getting busy so the farther in advance you can book them, the better chance you have of getting the date you want. Istanbulite is fairly new and small, but this is good as you get great personalized service. Our guide was Eda one of the owners and she was amazing. Very personable and had a wonderful day planned for us which included some of the main attractions. She picked us up right at our hotel.There is so much history in Istanbul that to try and see it all on your own would be a waist and Eda added so much more information and personal insight to each place and surrounding area and just Turkey in general it was well worth the money. We had our own private SUV for the day, and it was very comfortable. There was lot of walking so we got a lot of exercise as well, and she had planned a very nice local restaurant for lunch. We treated. In the morning we had stopped for tea at a cafe' in a beautiful tiny out of the way courtyard that we would never have found, which was also perfect. I know that they can accommodate a few more people and still keep it personal and also they can do more days in a row. Ours was just the one day, and we were very happy with the tour.

3  Thank EasyRider54
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My dad and I recently went to Istanbul knowing absolutely nothing about the country. Nothing. Zero. Zilch. By the time I left Istanbul, I wanted to know everything there was about the city.
Eda took my father and I on a four day tour to everything from Topkopi Palace to little cafes with fabulous food. We tried Turkish Coffee, tea, delights, and wine and did a variety of activities.
My father came on a conference and thus had to leave at different times during the trip to attend to meetings. Eda was fantastic about hanging out with me, taking me to one of the variety of rooftop hotel lounges and talking about a variety of topics about Turkey, all of which she was quite knowledgeable about! It was very interesting to learn not only about the history of such a beautiful country, but also about the current events occurring so that we could be up to date with everything that was going on.
I was a tour guide in Toronto before, and I thought that this was an absolutely fabulous way of learning about such a great city: doing exactly what we wanted, when we wanted, with an endless amount of ideas to choose from. The trip could be scheduled and rescheduled depending on what you would like to do, and Eda always had something in mind for what you were in the mood for.
Istanbulite made our trip one of my most memorable yet, it was a great experience to have with my father, but I felt that I learned enough that I would love to bring back the rest of my family and boyfriend in the future to show them what I saw, and experience even more things.
Eda, you are welcome to Canada any time (as we've told you) and let us know when you arrive! Hopefully we can show you the same hospitality you showed to us.
Thank you again, and to everyone else, if you are going to Istanbul this is DEFINITELY the tour company you NEED to use.
Amy and David

1  Thank AmyJLW
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked Istanbulite on the internet after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and we are really pleased we did. We had asked when booking for the tour not to include too much walking (getting on a bit!) Eda picked us up right on time, the transport was an air conditioned Mercedes Minibus with a really good driver. Eda then told us exactly what the tour would involve and made sure that all of the places we wished to see were covered. Her knowledge of Istanbul was limitless and no question we asked was unanswered. Eda has a lovely personality and a great love for what she is doing.
We would recommend Istanbulite and Eda without reservation, we have had tours in other places around the world and can honestly say this was one of the best experiences.

1  Thank Chris B