“Convenient location, value stay”
Review of Muyan Suites

Muyan Suites
Ranked #14 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We wanted to stay at hotel close to the Hippodrome. This hotel was a great value, had a friendly staff, awesome breakfast spread, and just a short stroll to the hippodrome where we spent our evenings eating Shawarmas and watching the Blue Mosque glow in the evening light.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mmeyer004
There are newer reviews for Muyan Suites

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This boutique hotel near the Blue Mosque and many other historic sites is ideally located. The rooms are nice and fully upgraded. The staff are very cordial and helpful and the service is excellent. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. However for quietness ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MuyanSuites, General Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Dear nadir v,

Your comments made us genuinely happy and even though we have come a long way in the journey of getting better as a crew, we would not be as successful as we are now if it wasn't for your reviews. We are known by our great location and seeing that the guests express their admiration very often, is such an amazing impact on our improvements as a hotel. We are very excited to have you here again.

Cemil HACIOGLU

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed two nights here as my last stop before the end of a round-the-world trip. Super clean, very spacious (which was great for the re-packing project required after buying gifts), and well located to the tourist sites. The staff here was incredibly helpful - I changed my reservation once and sent the wrong flight information another time and they were endlessly patient with me. I changed my reservation to stay multiple nights and they comped my ride in from the airport in response. When I arrived later in the evening (9:30 ish), they offered to walk with me to go get food in case I was uncomfortable wandering around on my own. I left the hotel around 6 a.m. to get to the airport and more than once, they offered to make me coffee and breakfast before my departure - then packed me a to go bag with toast and fruit.

Only downsides are no roof-deck, which is nice to have in this area, though obviously wouldn't matter in this hotel b/c of the tall buildings around, and there is some noise from hallways / other rooms, but I think this is true of every place I stayed in Turkey, so just comes with the territory. I joked with friends that someone had finally realized i was queen of the world b/c my last stop was in a palace, and that's how lovely the staff here made me feel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank WorthPackingIn

Dear WorhtPackingIn,

Cemil HACIOGLU

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My son and I stayed at Muyan for 7 nights. The people were wonderful-- so warm and friendly.
We've even stayed in contact with some of them!

The hotel is very clean, spacious and well located in the old part of the city.
The hotel doesn't have views, which is normally important to me, but for this trip, where I knew we wouldn't be in the hotel at all, wasn't important at all. The price we paid was very fair, though there rates change based on dates and availability.

Aslan, the Manager was gracious and very communicative. We'd definitely go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MuyanSuites, General Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

My Dearest Guest DebbieIrwin,

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

It was an excellent hotel in a best location,within easy walking distance to many historical places such as St Sophia,Blue Mosque,Grand Bazaar.All the staff were happy to asist in every question we have.The room was really larger than most of hotel I had stayed before and it was verywell designed.Also the room was very clean.We will definitely stay in this hotel on our next tripto Istanbul.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

My Dearest Guest Gökhan Y,

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We recently (March 2014) spent 5 days in Istanbul, primarily visiting the sites in the Sultanahmet area. The Muyan was the perfect home base for our travels. It is located within a very easy walk to all of the main attractions, yet off the busy roads so that our nights were quiet & peaceful. The staff was fantastic! They saw to our every need and welcomed us like family. We were traveling with our 5 kids, and they made sure that everyone - from the adults down to the 3-year old - were happy & comfortable. They even surprised our daughter with a birthday cake, since she celebrated her 12th birthday there! We will definitely be returning to the Muyan in the future.

Room Tip: The beds are rather hard, but the pull-out sofa bed is much softer.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

My Dearest Guest Brooke R,

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We had a 5 days/4 nights stay at this beautiful Hotel, located in the mid of Istanbul old town.
The location is 10 minutes’ walk from all the major Istanbul attractions (Blue Mosque, Cistern Basilica, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi), and is close to the tram stop that leads to the modern town.
The street, although it’s very narrow, is very quiet, there is never noise or traffic, so from the room no one could hear any noise.
“Suites” really deserve to be named like this (they can’t be considered simply “rooms”), they are very wide and comfortable (a queen/king size mattress in spite of two single separate mattresses would be preferable), the hotel is very clean and personnel are very kind and available for any customers’ need. The toilet room is wide enough as well, the shower is very big and comfortable.
Breakfast is abundant and of good quality, attendants are very kind and available to satisfy any food request.
We would suggest this excellent location to any Istanbul visitor, and are sure that, should we return there, we would make our reservation at the Muyan Suites.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple