“5 Nights in the Awesome Muyan”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Muyan Suites

Muyan Suites
Ranked #21 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Greenviile
“5 Nights in the Awesome Muyan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just got back from a five night stay in Istanbul, with the Muyan Suites. My criteria for selecting a room are; close to public transportation, price, and reviews on TA. Muyan Suites far exceeded all three. I did find that Muyan was slightly off the beaten path, but with a city a large as Istanbul, that’s why I felt as though I was sleeping in my own bed as quite as it was at night. The walk to the tram was also easy and being a short walk from the Hippodrome was also advantageous.

The staff were outstanding. I’ve have stayed in countless properties across the globe and have never experienced the amount of care and concern they have for you. Some may say that it is a little over the top, but I really sensed a lot of sincerity in wanting your stay at their hotel and in Istanbul to be what you envisioned. Funny , I found most Turks I encountered in Istanbul to be like this.

Rooms where clean with modern amenities and the beds where comfortable and a modern flat screen for those who have to have that remote fix. Fully stocked mini fridge.

Alsan, one of the managers, was always interested in how your day was. He liked to engage in a conversation with you after a day of sightseeing as to where you went and what you thought of your findings.
The breakfast was great. A lot of different foods and great olive selection and a variety of breads plus some eggs for those who do not want to venture out and try something different. Some may want your traditional Hilton type fare…. But hey, this isn’t Kansas.

I would highly recommend the Muyan Suites as great find in the Old City of Istanbul. And for an added option if just can’t get your head around Turkish coffee like me, and you need that other type of coffee fix, Denizen Coffee Shop is only a short walk away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank zaburgtravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is an eccellent choice if you want to stay in the centre of historia,'old' İstanbul.
The hotel location is great,that you are a five minute walk to the all historical places.'Blue Mosque,Aya Sophia,Topkapi Palace.'
The rooms are more bigger,clean and comfortable.Breakfast is very tasty,fresh and staff are more helpfull.
We stayed for 4 days in Muyan and we really enjoyed it.Thank you MUYAN..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Marshall, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a total of five nights at the Muyan Suites hotel and were delighted with the (close to everything), the room (very large and well appointed) and the staff ( very professional and welcoming). My positive impressive of Aslan, the manager, began before we even arrived. I called to arrange an airport transfer and Aslan generously offered a complimentary shuttle even though I had booked thru Expedia and not directly on their website as required. My tip to travelers is to forgo Expedia and other consolidator sites and book directly with the hotel. They avoid paying a commission and the rates are the same.

While we were guests we observed that Aslan and his staff accommodated the needs of business professionals, families with children and senior travelers with personal attention. The rooms were very large for a boutique hotel. Breakfast was fresh every morning with a wide variety of dishes. We especially enjoyed the assortment of breads and the fresh coffee. One morning the receptionist brought in a cake she had made. It was delicious.

As others have pointed out, the location was close to all the major sights. You will not need a taxi at all.
After 4 nights at the Muyan, we traveled to the coastal cities before retuning to Istanbul for one night prior to catching a plane back to the US. I had planned to stay at one of the hotels close to the airport but we changed our minds and returned to Muyan for our last night.
Upon returning home I was welcomed by an email from Aslan thanking us for our stay. That is a first for me.
All in all Muyan Suites offers travelers a great value and unsurpassed hospitality and professionalism. Aslan and his team earn their well deserved high ratings every day. Book with confidence. Muyan Suites is a jewel box of a boutique hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank djhere59
MuyanSuites, Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Mr David Jennings ,

First of all i would like to thank you very one more for choosing us during your stay in Istanbul and also thank you for your nice compliments for us .

It has been really so nice to meet you and accommodate you in our hotel and we really hope to host you back some other time in the future ,

This is our business but as you know that hospitality is more important than business so that we are all trying to do our best and we feel much better after we hear these compliments.

I would like to thank you very much one more for taking time to write us a review .

Aslan YILDIZ
Manager
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Muyan Suites obviously has its enthusiastic followers and I totally respect their views. It is just not my kind of hotel.

It is only a five-minute walk to some of Istanbul's most famous and popular sites, but is located in a run-down area and you would hardly believe you were in the right place if you were walking there from the tram. As I entered Reception (at 10:00 p.m.), I was instantly confronted by a smell of cats. When I mentioned this to the Night Porter, he said maybe it was the whole area as there are many cats around. I was shown to my room on the second floor (no cat-smell), and it was sizeable and had all the amenities you could want, but was just very dated. I'm afraid I like modern, functional, minimalist - so I shouldn't really have booked this hotel. I was seduced by its high rating on TripAdvisor, and, of course, my single less-than-positive view is not going to dent its rating. This is how it should be. When I asked about a transfer to the airport, I was told that they could book a taxi. Maybe you need a stay longer than one night to qualify for a free transfer. I should have checked, I guess.

Breakfast had some choice, but was dominated by several glass bowls of olives of different varieties and an equal number of large bowls of different jams, all with a dry film on the top where they hadn't been touched for a few days. No muesli, no fresh fruit salad, but plenty of fresh fruit and yogurt. Home-made cakes were nice, but had to be since I didn't find the three warm savoury offerings very appetising. I am used to Turkish breakfasts, so that wasn't the problem.

I did find the staff too attentive. Wherever/whenever you were on the move in the hotel, they were there offering their services. I would prefer to approach someone if I have a question.

I am normally very positive in my reviews, so I am sorry that I cannot be more glowing now. I only write this to help others who are looking for a more international hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank Graham H
MuyanSuites, Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear GRAHAM HEDGES ,

First of all i would like to inform you that we are always pleased to receive feedback both negative and positive as we can see what we have and what we are doing .

But as you already mentioned on your capital heading " our hotel not kind of your hotel " so that i dont know what to say .

I can only say that we wish you to stay in a hotel which is kind of your hotel and then it would be better for both you and for us .

Best Regards,

Aslan YILDIZ
Manager
Zurich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We enjoyed our three nights here. It is located within a short walking distance to the major sites but the street it is located on is not charming at all, which is such a pity as Istanbul has many charming streets. The rooms were very comfortable and clean and I really liked the decor. The hotel staff was so nice and hospitable towards my husband and I and our baby. They offered to personally get anything we needed for the baby which was a nice touch. Overall, I really enjoyed our stay here and I would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nicosia Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was only 2 nights of stay. Me and my fiance didnt wanna leave the place. Really nice and clean rooms, friendly and helpful staf, simply nice family company. Amazing value and they have free pick up from the airport. We always travel to istanbul for shopping, business etc and we will definately go back there..

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank evrim86
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Almanya üniverstesinden gelip 5 gün bu otel'de kaldik ve cok memnun kaldik. Odalar güzel ve cok temiz. Service sevimli ve nazik. Hic sormadan bize kücük hediyeler yapildi. Sarap, kücük dogal sabunlar... Kendimizi bu otel'de cok rahat hissettik ve her zaman yine bu oteli seceriz.

We came from a german university and spend 5 days there. We liked the hotel a lot. The rooms were sweet and very clean. Even we had two rooms, a living room and a bedroom. The service was very cordially, kind and obliging. The breakfast buffet was not too big, but offered a multitude of cheese, breads, fruits and (although we're vegetarian ;)) meat. There was nothing we missed. We even got a lot of little presents like, when we came from our first day tour through istanbul there was a bottle of red wine with glasses for us or little gifts with natural cosmetics. The manager like the employees were very friendly and not importunately like in other hotels. We would choose this hotel at any time again and enjoyed our stay there, so we can really approve you this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends