“A friend in an unknown city”
Review of Muyan Suites

Muyan Suites
Ranked #13 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Montreal
“A friend in an unknown city”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Thanks Aslan for your great support in our recent trip to Istanbul.

Although not an exotic resort, Muyan Suite is a small peace heaven in a middle of the crowded old Istanbul. Is very well situated for a Istanbul 101 short term visit, 5 minutes walk from the Grand Bazar and 5 minutes from the Blue Mosque. Facilities are clean but its most important feature is the very good support from Mr. Yildiz. Our itinerary changed a few times and he was very prompt in responding to a last minute flight cancellation so that we had our name sign present as we go out of the airport to reach the hotel - very well appreciated - and his colleague were very helpfull in planning our short visit. Thanks again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GiantDisplay
MuyanSuites, General Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
My Dearest Guest GiantDisplay,

First of all I would like to thank you for spending time to write a review. I am so happy to know that You enjoyed your stay.

Cemil Hacioglu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 5, 2012

First off I want to say that this hotel had the best service and staff that I have ever experienced. An example of the service offered here is this. My wife and I are traveling with a 3 year old son. We wanted to watch a show and the hotel was helping us book it but then we found out they would not allow kids. Tuba (I am sure that this is the wrong spelling of her name) offered to watch our son while we went out. As we do not get many chance to get out by ourselves, we took her up on this. When we came back around 2 hours later we offered her a tip and she refused it and said it was a delight to watch him. Really, what hotel has servce such as this. The whole staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I would simply be impossible to get better.
The hotel is small with 11 or 12 rooms and is very intimate. The rooms are actually quite large. I heard other hotels in the area have small rooms. The cleaning staff always did an exceptional job straightening up our room. The breakfast was actually really good. It was small but tastey. This hotel is close to a family owned and operated business and many of the choices in the breakfast are actually home cooked and brought to the hotel. Our room was very comfortable with a very nice quality bed and sofa. The only complaint I have about the room is that it is facing a wall and their is no view, but it was really not a big deal at all. There are other rooms with views facing the street.
If you are trying to decide where to stay in istanbul then you will be very happy you pick this hotel. It is close to all the sites.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brandon42262
My Dearest Guest Brandon42262,

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We met our son and his wife and 2 year old son here. The trip for both famileis was fantastic. Let me explain the hotel. It is a new hotel with an old style charm. It has 11 rooms in total. Many of the staff that work at the hotel are family. The service was exceptional. Every staff member from the cleaning staff, the desk clerk (Fulcon), the Manager (Asian), and the assistant manger (Tugba) were so friendly. They arranged trips for us and treated us all like family. Why do you think I know all of thier names.

The rooms are very comforable. From what I understand, the rooms are about twice the size of other rooms in the historic area. The locatoin is great - about 5 minute walk from the Grand Bazar and 5 minute walk to the Blue Mosque. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Instanbul. We will defintely stay here again when we return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
My Dearest Guest John P,

Toulouse,France
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We are a mature couple with a great deal of experience in travel. This hotel has the BEST staff! Thank you Asian,Tugba and Furkan for your professional service, great attention to detail, warmth and hospitality. The owners of this hotel hit the jackpot when they hired you.

The location is just minutes from the important sites. It is clean, spacious and well appointed. Breakfast is nice with plenty of offerings. One step outside and one begins to see fresh fruit in abundance. Please offer fresh squeezed orange juice!

It was our first stay in Istanbul. We have a long holiday weekend here in France this weekend....I wish we could return on the next flight!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane W
MuyanSuites, General Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this review, 6 days ago
My Dearest Guest Diane W,

Brussels
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed four nights in this very nice hotel in Istanbul. The attention and welcoming by Aslan, the manager, and the staff before and during the stay was exceptional. The hotel is well decorated and comfortable. However, the reason why I only give them 4 dots and not 5 is that the triple room (3 adults) did not have an extra bed but a narrow "bed" pulled out from an armchair. That would have been perfect for a child but a bit tight for an adult and was not very comfortable. To be fair, however, I am sure that Aslan would have arranged for a real bed if I had complained but I didn't! The hotel is located on a calm street just a few minutes' walk from the Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and the tram stop. Perfect for a week-end stay in Istanbul and I warmly recommend Muyan Suites!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ingrid B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very close to all the major sights, this is a well located hotel. Fairly new, only open since 2011 it is kitted out with traditional furniture and decor. The room was very large and comfortable. The staff were all very helpful. Lots of bath accessories in the room. A couple of things that stop me from giving it 5 stars. Firstly, attention to detail and finishing in the rooms a little lacking. for example the shower tray was a little shallow, and water wouldn't drain fast enough. Also breakfast area was a little stuffy. They should look at whether they could open up a terrace are, or some where with natural light (not the basement where currently housed).

Still really enjoyed the stay and they gave us a gift on departure. I would stay there again, but would hope the continue to improve the facility as it could be perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RamblingMan
milano
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

The web site tells the truth. The hotel is fully new and all the amenities and services and photos described there are exactly what you will find. I made a wonderful holiday there. Read carefully the meaning of Muyan in the site: you will find the root of the style you will find at MuyanSuites. Muyan is exactly in the middle of all historical sites. Muyan is also near the main ligth underground line T1.

• Stayed April 2012