“Wonderful apartments in the heart of Sultanahmed”
Review of Flamingo Apart

Flamingo Apart
Ranked #322 of 1,092 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Прекрасные апартаменты в самом сердце Султанахмета за Голубой мечетью.
Очень радушные и гостеприимные владельцы. трансфер с аэпорта и в аэропорт по очень хорошим расценкам . Квартира очень чистая, есть все необходимое. Для семьи из 5 человек была очень подходящая. Обязательно остановимся там в следующий раз! Спасибо огромное - Hakan, Gurkan!

Wonderful apartments in the heart of Sultanahmed, behind the Blue Mosque. Very welcoming and friendly owners. Reasonable transfer fare to and from the airport. Clean and neat apartment with everything we needed. It was great for family of 5. We would stay there again! Thank you very much Hakan and Gurkan.

דירה מקסימה בלב שכונת סולטנאחמד, מאחורי המסגד הכחול. בעלי דירה נחמדים ויעילים. תעריף הסעה לשדה התעופה (הלוך ושוב) היו הוגנים. הדירה הייתה נקייה ומצויידת בכל מה שצריך. מתאימה למשפחה של 5 אנשים. אנחנו נגיע לשם שוב. תודה רבה לבעלים!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank All45

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The deluxe studio was on the 2nd floor, very private as there's only one apartment on that floor and very secured. The staffs were helpful with our luggages. The studio was new, modern, comfortable and cosy enough for family of 5. The kitchen was adequately furnished that we had good time cooking fresh fish and vegies bought from Kardikoy Fish Market and newby store. The view of the Blue Mosque from the balcony was breathtaking. The studio was right behind the Blue Mosque, 2 minutes walk up the coblestone street is the Hippodrome that leads to all the attraction of Sultanahmet Park. 5 minutes walk is the Sultanahmet tram station that takes you to everywhere else in Istanbul. But, most of the time we just walked to most of the attractions, to only come back in the evening and update our facebook, upload photoes and check emails using the WiFi provided in the studio. On X'mas we had requested for Mr Gurkan to arrange for car and driver to Uludug Ski Park for a day trip, which was very reasonably charged as compared to other tour operators. We truly enjoy our 8 night stay at the Flamingo and had very memorable holiday in Istanbul

Room Tip: The apartments located on the annex building are new and closer to the hippodrome and blue mosqe
4  Thank myzatul
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Good location and most important is the service given by the apartment's in charge - they arranged from shuttle service, recommended resto with reasonable prices, tour, laundry and even shopping etc. Thank you so much Gurkan and Harkan!

2  Thank indiradewi
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Awesome location. Walking distance to the Blue mosque, Grand Bazaar, Topkapi Museum.
Great apartment with kitchen. Perfect for family. Can sleep seven. Mr. Gurkan is extremely helpful. He even called me in the US before our trip and arranged a taxi from the airport to the apartments

Room Tip: Only available 2nd and 3rd floors. Few steps to climb. No elevator
3  Thank Outd00rsMan
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The staff of Flamingo apart were very kind and flexible to make our stay nice. One time I face a problem and they came immediately to fix it.

The location is great. Close to the blue Mosque and other major attactions as well as good restaurent. We had two newly furnished apartment which suited us well. Even the internet was faster than you expect at most hotels. Also, they provided fair prices for airport pick up.

I would defiantly stay there again if visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rasmus B
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Well i stayed at the 7 adults apartment in the building where the flamingo gallery is , it was a marvellous flat in a perfect location , Mr gurkan was very helpful and his staff also was helpful , Mr hakim was very friendly to us , Everything was totally perfect , I recommend this place for any visitor to istanbul :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank HossamEldin175
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here two days in the fourth floor apartment with the "sea view." In the whole building, there are only four apartments and I consider this to be an advantage in terms of privacy and minimal internal noise.

I want to say that the owner/manager Gurkan was great and he really facilitated my trip.

I found out that there is no reception and that the Flamingo is really a gift shop, whose owner bought the apartment next store and refurbished it for short term touristic stays. The key thing to know is that by 830pm the adjoining store is closed so you need to arrange with Gurkan to collect you from the airport to get the key. Otherwise, you'll be stuck till the morning!

This was not made clear on booking.com in description of the facility but this is obviously very important.

If you are averse to climbing really narrow winding stairs, better avoid this place. I had 38kg to lug and it took the wind out of my sails but that would not dissuade me staying here again.

I found the curtains near the bed too sheer so I hung a comforter over that window.

The refrigerator is half the size of a standard frig but twice the size of a normal hotel frig.

The separating wall between the kitchen and the main room with sofas and bed has a low overhang and I twice managed to hit my head. However, I liked the fact that the kitchen was separate. Would have been even better had the kitchen had a table and two stools or chairs to sit on. I appreciated the two large bottles of mineral water and assortment of tea left at my disposal.

The bathroom was great: spic and span squeeky clean and all new appliances.

I recommend this place although it seems to be that the room I stayed in is better suited to single habitation.

At the time I stayed there was some nearby construction going on, involving noisy hammering at a nearby building but that will eventually stop.

I found the sea-view to be partially obscured by various buildings, some dipidated.

Overall, I would recommend this place if you can negotiate the stairs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo