“auful hotel”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #790 of 1,092 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very small hotel, claustrofobic almost. Dirty rooms, yellow on the ceileing from previous water leaks. In the bathroom you could barely turn around, hairs on the floor, disfunctional toilet. Electric socket pulled out of the wall showing an improvisation of wires twisted together by hand. Dog with partly missing fur always lying about in the hotel lobby, felt sorry for it, but not really a tourist catcher...together with the tatooed, shorts-wearing, sweaty smelling receptionist, made a pretty shabby first impression all in all...Do yourself a favor and avoid it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Radu M

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was such an awful experience. Firstly, I was assured that I would be picked up from the airport upon my arrival. I confirmed this pick up the day before I arrived and I spoke with the manager. However, when i arrived in Istanbul after 15 hours of travel, there was no shuttle or taxi awaiting. At which point, i called the hotel to inquire and they told me they are not allowed to pick up hotel guests from the airport and that I must take a taxi. When I arrived i was asked if I could pay in cash. Who pays for a hotel in cash???? Next, I was told that the room would be handicapp accessible because I was traveling with my mother who has a dissability. However, they brought me to a room where I needed to walk up a flight of stairs with no banister. Lastly, the shower leaked. I had to ask for towels. they did not change my sheets. The manager is a con artist looking to line his pockets.

Room Tip: The manager is a con artist looking to line his pockets. Do yourself a favor and do not stay there...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maryam G
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have just spent a month @ the Bridge Hotel in Istanbul. I had a great time from the moment I arrived, treated with an extra ordinary care and great hospitality. The room I stayed in were nice and clean. The staff were professional, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was freshly made. There is a great neighborhood nearby worth visiting ( a lot of antiques ) and a walking distance to Phosphorous Ortakoy. There was a great atmosphere throughout my stay and a great value for money. I would definitely stay at the Bridge again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ahmedei
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in the 'black room' which consisted of a double bed and a single bed. As we were a couple, we only used the double bed. Reading the other reviews, I noticed most said the rooms were tiny. I found the size of this room decent enough. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only down side would be the breakfast. It was just a small pre-prepared plate with a small piece of cheese, some olives etc. But for the price we paid, I didnt complain. The staff could be a bit more helpful and provide map and local information.

I think for the price, this was a really good value hotel. The location in Ortakoy is really nice. A short walk will take you the hustle and bustle of the restaurants and shops by the water. It was nice for me because I have stayed in the overally tourist area of Sultanahmet and this area was buzzing but with less tourist.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gsta12
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We booked this hotel based on reviews on trip advisor, and having stayed there for 2 nights, were bemused on how it got this good a rating!

This is an apart-hotel. On our arrival, we were brought round the corner to a separate building, where we had to wait for 15 mins for someone to find the keys to get in!
Once we got in, our double room was on the ground floor with a small staircase down to a basement with another double room, and the bathroom.
There was no shower curtain so showering without soaking the place was difficult! The bathroom door did not close, because the timber had expanded because of the shower. There seemed to be a leak just outside the bathroom, slippy on tiles. All in all, the room was really dodgy.
The hotel staff were nice, and main building seemed really nice, small but cute. Just very disappointed our room was in a different building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vicious_toast
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

The Bridge hotel is located in very nice area Ortakoy. Hotel itself is small. triple Black room was ok itself however beds were too small. They have red triple room with 3 seperate beds which is better for 3 adults.We asked to change black to red room fortunately it was free and we moved to red room.
Breakfast is very poor.
Hotel is really good for paid money, clean, close to Dolmabahce within 15 mints.if you like walking you can get to Taksim street in 30 mints.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jamka
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We booked a suite for 4 persons and what we got was an extremely small room with a double and a single bed in it. It was difficult even to move in the room because of the little space. Our kids had to sleep together on the single bed. We asked at least for a fourth pillow but we didn't get any.
Apart from this, the beds were very comfortable, the room was very clean, breakfast was good, staff was friendly and the location was excellent. The only problem was the misleading description of the rooms- definitely not suitable for 4 persons.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family