“Wonderful little hotel.”
Review of Faros Hotel Taksim

Faros Hotel Taksim
Ranked #333 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hidden on a street away from main hotel area of Taksim but still very close to all the services at Taksim. I really enjoyed my stay at Faros Hotel Taksim during my last trip to Istanbul and I am sure that I will stay here again during one of my future trips to Istanbul. The staff is just outstanding and do what ever they can to feel "at home" in their Hotel. The room is nice, sleek and contemporarily decorated but a bit on the small size if you are planning to stay in the room a lot and do business work. I didn't encounter any problems at all with the cleaning and restocking of my room bye the housekeeping staff which I read about here at Trip Advisor, everything were replaced daily without any problems at all. We enjoyed the breakfast which was served down in the lobby area, a typical Turkish breakfast which keep you going for many hours.
The hotel also offers you a discount on the restaurants which belongs to the Faros group, located in the Taksim area, and which are equally excellent value with great food.
I really enjoyed the fact that the hotel is located on a side street so you get away from the harassment on your way from and to the hotel which is very common in the main hotel area.
Thanks for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My stay at Faros Taksim was for a week, it was really great. The locataion is perfect just 5 min. from Taksim Square at the begining of Isteklal Street. The room area was good, as me, my wife and my baby found good space to feel comfortable, the furniture was modern and new, all bathroom accessories were brand name and good quality. The whole hotel was clean, new and modern. The wi-fi was working properly, as u don't need to go to the lobby as other hotels.

I can't describe how much I loved the hotel staff, they were extremely kind, friendly, have sense of humor with great hospitality. I really enjoied my stay there, and it will always be my desination in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Try the rooms ending with 01, such as (201, 301 ...)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The first thing to be aware of with Faros hotel in Istanbul are that there are 3 of them and a restaurant. This caused me all of the problems I had.

First of all after finding a hotel called Faros hotel on google maps, I booked it via Tripadvisor link as it was an ideal distance from the ICEC for my business trip. It turned out that I had booked the wrong hotel. I had intended to book Faros Hotel Taksim, but the link via google map doesn't work for this hotel, and there is another link for Faros Hotel Sultanahmet which does...
I had no idea that there were more than one Faros Hotel , and did not recognise that the address was not where I wanted when my reservation came through.

So I had a room booked in in Faros hotel Sultanahmet, however the taxi driver from the airport took me (well dropped me 250m from the hotel and simply pointed in the right direction) to Faros Hotel Sirkeci (the 3rd Faros hotel that I only then became aware of) and I ended up walking with my luggage to Faros hotel Sultanahmet along the tram line, on my own, at 10pm.

I was able to be transferred to Faros Hotel Taksim (where I thought I was booking) for my 3rd night as they had vacancies, however, despite the taxi driver receiving directions from the hotel receptionist, the taxi took me to Faros restaurant in Taksim and not the hotel. By the way on google maps however, that is where it I thought the hotel is. The taxi driver said that is where the receptionist told him it was . It then took 20mins to find the correct hotel, which is still not where it says it is on a zoomed in google maps.

I had to stay at Faros hotel Sultanahmet again on my 4th night , and the taxi driver, although again getting strict instructions from the hotel at my request, took me to Faros hotel Sirkeci, and would not believe me that I might be right in that it was the wrong hotel !

. I just think that the hotels need to have 3 differect names. Certainly on trip advisor the Faros Hotel Sultanahmet should be called this, and not just Faros Hotel Istanbul (implying that there is just one). The websites for each hotel are separate as well. Why not have 1 website, which clearly says that there are 3 hotels ? The hotel staff at Faros are very nice and helpful though. Breakfast is at 0730 and they prepared me a lovely breakfast plate each day as I needed to leave the hotel before that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I can't say enough good things about my stay here. At the last minute they arranged a shuttle to come get me at the airport, but I ended up missing it due to a flight delay and was unable to let them know - despite this obvious inconvenience for them they were extremely polite and helpful, and gave me a (much needed) complimentary Efes beer when I finally did make it to the hotel to enjoy while they checked me in. The hotel itself was great – full breakfast buffet included, which was delicious, tea and coffee maker and television in the room, air conditioning and an excellent shower, and clean as can be. I was in and out of my room at very random times that changed each day, but every time I came back it had been cleaned and was spotless. Every member of the hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It is also in an excellent location – I walked to most of the main tourist attractions I visited, and others were a very reasonable cab ride. I’m not sure what the price normally is as I got it as part of a deal with my airfare, but at the rate I got this was the best hotel value I’ve gotten. Highly recommend, and if I visit Istanbul again I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2012

perfect hotel to me :)
every people in this hotel was kind to us.
n room was very very clean.
ah breakfast was also toooooo much delicious !!!
everything is cok cok guzel
but i didn t use swimmig pool and fitness center

ah especially Murat was very very kind to us :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great value of money, comfy room with smart modern design, everything inside the room is working perfectly, I did not complain about anything or needed to request anything!
The personal relation, caring, and the hospitality of the staff is amazing, I followed their suggestions and I had prosperous time out!
I would love to repeat my experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Majd A
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Faros hotel is a nice surprise, just a few blocks away from buzzing Taksim square, the metro, the shopping street etc.....The guys at reception, Hasan and Gaglor were very friendly and professional and they gave me the best room of the house with the most amazing views overlooking Istanbul from the funky balcony with the white pebbles....I loved staying there and this will be my base next time I'm in Istanbul too...I thought it was great value for money, I liked the modern design and the friendly atmosphere of the place. I would recommend it and if available, ask for room 802 - the best secret of Istanbul!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 8th floor....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business