“very nice hotel”

Ranked #176 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Baku
“very nice hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed 2 times in this hotel in 2013. Very good staff, friendly receptionists with good hospitality manners. Rooms are clean, furniture is what you can expect from 5 star hotel. Even in standard room you have everything you might need. Ideal for business travelers to Asia part of Istanbul.
The only problem that I had was with the lobby bar, and it was the preparation to the banquet party. All soft chairs and sofa in the lobby bar was removed and you had no place to sit for a coffee and drinks. The choice was either to sit on the bar chairs or move to the CORE restaurant.
Will stay in this hotel next time as well. Hope that the similar problem won't be an issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RADBLUISTASIA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Istanbul Asia, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Suleyma,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Istanbul Asia as the hotel to stay in during your Istanbul journey.

I’m extremely happy to hear that you liked our property and enjoyed its facilities during your stay with us.

During your stay we had a big event in the hotel which took during the luncheon as well our Bar area. My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I hope that during your next stay you can enjoy our Pool Terrace and Garden which we opened last week to enjoy the marvelous weather in Istanbul.

With kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed February 17, 2013

its basic i guess. breakfast choice not so good. nothing magnificent about the hotel. it is just good. staff friendly. what i didnt like is that they required to pay extra 100 bucks as advance in addition to the total payment, in case if i was gonna damage something or use minibar. my booking was from best tourist agency and i represent company which is one of the most successful in turkey, and still i felt like crook. they gotta work on that,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JaggerGirl
Dear JaggerGirl,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you found our Breakfast Choice not so good, as we are known for the extensive selection of cheeses, fresh fruits, cold cuts, Turkish Börek, sausages, breads and marmalade according to the Radisson Blu Hotels Super Breakfast Concept.

My apologies, if the request for a deposit made you feel as a crook as you described it, which I can assure you were not our intentions. Whenever I travel around the world I am always asked for either a credit card or cash deposit to guarantee my stay.

We, as Radisson Blu Hotel Istanbul Asia, would be very happy to welcome you again at our property for your next visit to Istanbul.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed February 16, 2013

8 months old hotel had been constructed by the owner Ant Yapı which is one of the important firm building highest sky scrapers in Russia. Hotel is fairly designer style. We, trusting on the name of Radisson chain, decided to have a six course valentine menu with a bottle of Angora wine prepared by the awarded chef who worked in well known high star hotels before and delighted by the food and service so much. Core grill&bar is at the entrance. The meal was fine dining quality. Portions were little and enough. The menu was consisted of smoked salmon, rocket salad, ricotta cheese&morel mushroom ravioli, mango sorbet, lamb brochet, white chocolate semolina souffle accompanied by Angora wine. My objection is the quality of wine which should be Buzbağ or Yakut instead of Angora. The ambiance and music performed by Tayla Koray and violonist, the former being the cousin of legendary pop star Erkin Koray, were satisfactory. The guests were decent and presentable too. Thanks to the successful chef and serving people. The price per person inc 1/2 bottle of wine is 36 euros. Affordable for such a great menu.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RADBLUISTASIA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Istanbul Asia, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Ritzy375,

Thank you so much for the detailed description of your Valentine´s Experience at our CORE Grill and Bar!

I am please to see you enjoyed the ambiance and as well our Executive Chef´s Gökhan & Team cooking Skills.

He is already working on the Idea´s for the New Valentine´s Menu 2014!

Yours sincerely,
Vidauban, France
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I love this hotel !!
The furniture are very nice, trendy, cosy, ...
The food is perfect. International+Turkish !!! An EXCELLENT breakfast and lunch buffet !!!!! Around 50 different dishes : cold and hot !
The rooms are VERY confortable and with an interesting view to the business areas of the beautiful Istanbul?
The General Manager is very welcoming.
I heartily recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: I had a nice room with a view to the business area. In the evening, the lights are beautiful.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vanwayenberge
RADBLUISTASIA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Istanbul Asia, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Vanwayenberge,

The pleasure was all mine, happy you enjoyed your stay!

Kind regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The staff was excellent. The rooms beautiful. The food very good. Free access to internet. Modern Clean decor. Comfortable beds and linens. Quiet rooms, filled with light. A great shower. The breakfast was amazing. The ONLY problem is the location. The night we arrived (at 1;30 am) it took us 2 hours to get to the hotel due to the traffic and the distance from the airport. Travel time from the major attractions and the city was well over an hour without traffic. One night it too 2.30 hours in a taxi to get back. And an expensive taxi ride !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tmaburke,

Very positive comments, thank you very much!

I am sorry to hear that it took you almost 2 (1/2) hours to arrive to the hotel, especially at night. Living in Istanbul for almost 4 years, I am very much familiar with the heavy traffic...

Although it should not take more than 50/60 minutes from Ataturk Airport to reach us, or 20 minutes when you land on Sabiha Gokcen Airport which is just 25 km away.

Kind regards,
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at radison blu in January 2013 for 3 days. The hotel is located away. From the city centre in a quiet place which is great for relaxing after a Long day. The breakfast buffet was fantastic and the staff on reception were very helpful and advised us with everything and to get taxis. I really enjoyed the indoor pool and jacuzzi and I loved the Turkish bath experience and a massage. The staff were very friendly and made me feel really comfortable. Overall fantastic hotel definetely would recommend to anyone we had absolutely no problems at all. I loved my visit and will definetely e staying there again next time. Thankyou x

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Asiah786,

Great to read your comments thank you for the nice description of our hotel!

I hope we can see you soon again.

Best regards,
ankara
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thanks to Hotel Staff they re always helpfull , Otel really comfortable Internet speed is really well.
I stayed twice and i had good service both.

Just I can say negative is Pay tv not presents many options (movies etc.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear BJK1903Ankara,

Thank you for your review and positive comments.

We are updating our Pay TV movies regularly, but if you could let us know which categories (drama, Action, Sci-Fi or Comedy) you would like more choices, than I will see what we can do to increase the number or variation.

With kind regards,

PS: from BJK in your name is assume you are favoring Besiktas:)?