“Friendly staff and a great view”

Hilton Garden Inn Istanbul Golden Horn Turkey
Ranked #172 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and a great view”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel whilst on a business trip. The hotel is in a good location close to a shopping area which has a Number of high end shops and restaurants to visit.

The hotel is currently under renovation although the workman didn't disturb me at all whilst I was there. The staff at check in were very friendly and efficient with the rooms clean and a fair size.

Breakfast in the morning is taken up stairs in the restaurant which has great views out over the bosphurus.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PlayboyPK
Esin S, E-Commerce and Marketing Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Istanbul Golden Horn Turkey, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

E-Commerce and Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Owensboro, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stay at this hotel every time I travel to Istanbul. The employees are first class and very concerned about your visit being the best. The restaurant area has been remodeled and breakfast buffet is terrific. The rooms are very clean, and quiet. Some rooms have a patio - a wonderful place to sit and enjoy a cup of Turkish chai. I always recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking about visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

jacobsdal, South Africa
Reviewed March 7, 2014

my husband and i stayed in the garden inn from 28 feb14 till 5 march14 and had a very good experience very good breakfast, lovely sleeping facility and very friendly stuff location is bad for you have to travel about 20min by taxi to get into town recommend to travel till taxim square and then take tram into old town istanbul much cheaper

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

medan
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my trip in Istanbul since it was my first visit. Once entered my room, I found the cozy room, clean bathroom and the wifi connection were fast responses. I enjoyed the breakfast too especially while having it outdoor, it made us having breakfast with a good view outside.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Being on a business trip I have been two nights in this hotel.
Rooms are quite ok, no noise, although the road in front of the hotel is generally busy, and service staff friendly everything for a cost that is ok.
Breakfast was ok, maybe not at the level I would have expected from such an hotel. The point is that this hotel is really out of every "normal" route in Istanbul. It takes ages to go anywhere and that time is probably more expensive than what you save on price staying here rather than on a more central area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Alessandro P
Thank you for your kind feedback.

I would like to inform you that our first privilige is considering your precious comments about our speed of internet and Pavillion prices and and be informed that we have taken all necessary actions in order to prevent similar problems from reoccurring.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 4 nights, the location is far but the shuttle that the hotel provide us is very helpful, it takes you to the middle of the city! The room service was good, our view room was amazing! But the mini market in the hotel is expensive, and the connection of the internet was really bad!! The staff was really nice, they even granted us a late check out!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mira S

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I just checked in yesterday for 3 nights but within a day I am feeling I am in a wrong place and thinking what a great mistake I have done. Choose this hotel because of Hilton brand and expecting minimum standard of service. We were requested for early check in due to our flight schedule. We came to hotel at 4:30 in the morning and from the reception we have been asked to wait till 6:00 in the morn to update thier system and offered us with sandwiches. That was the only service we received. We were wait 2 hours on the lobby no one come to us to asked about anything. At the end I been to reception and said that I am happy to pay any extra charges to get a room right at that time. We were really tired, specifically my friend and we had a meeting appointment at 11. Receptionist replied that now he can arrange a room without any extra cost and I was feeling that I was begging something. At 11 we asked for a taxi and waited for about 20 minutes. In the room there is no breakfast menu. Room service menu doesn't mentioned time of service. My friend is asking to change the hotel but any how I managed him because I already paid for 3 nights. Even he is asking that he is ready to pay for another hotel. One more thing none of the receptionist say please or sorry which is common practice in UK. Two more days to go but I am really afraid. Good thing is that nice view, clean, new hotel, big enough rooms

Room Tip: Please think twice before choose this hote. Do not look at brand like what we did