“Best Hilton Garden Inn I've ever stayed in”

Hilton Garden Inn Istanbul Golden Horn Turkey
Ranked #189 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'm a Hilton Diamond member and I use my rewards points each year to take my wife to Europe for vacation. This year we decided on Istanbul. Due to availability I wasn't able to get a room at the other Hilton properties in town and it turned out to be our lucky day! This smaller Hilton property is no less convenient, and pleasantly away from the hustle and bustle of Taksim. Most of the sightseeing is in the Old Town across the Golden Horn, and requires a taxi from any of the major hotels in Galata/Taksim anyway.

We spent 5 peaceful nights with a beautiful view of Istanbul, overlooking the Golden Horn in an immaculately clean room with modern bathroom. The breakfast was perfect, not the most opulent, but the best breakfast I've seen at a HGI. The lobby bar was a welcome pit stop before relaxing in our room, after a long day of sightseeing. The staff was very helpful and very nice. The taxi service attached to the hotel was also very good and reliable, in a place where you need to be careful with the taxi drivers. Make sure you take a hotel card with you as many taxi drivers do not speak English and there are three Hilton hotels in town.

I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael K
Esin S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Istanbul Golden Horn Turkey, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

We hope to welcome you back when you get back to europe with your wife on your next visit.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

- Room : It's not an inn but just a hotel. It's good enough.
- Breakfast : they use pepper a lot. various fruits are available.
- I stayed just 1 night for business trip. The staffs are very kind and helpful. Don't be confused with the name of 'inn'. It's a regular 3 star hotel.

1  Thank blksmith
Esin S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Istanbul Golden Horn Turkey, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am happy to learn that you have a pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Newly built (or moderised?), clean hotel in an extremely quiet area. Within 15 minutes drive from the "Old Town", the Blue Mosque & the Grand Bazaar (Souk). Taksim Square is also pretty close and is recommended if you want to eat out. Not recommended if you require to be near the airport as it can be over an hours drive in rush hour. Good basic Turkish menu. Excellent breakfast. Free internet available both in the Business Centre and personal. Stunning view from my room which looked over the front of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank willie_ie

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a new hotel, standard HGI interior and amenities. It is in a neighborhood, not so convenient to the Taksim/ICE area or Old town, but for a 20 lyra cab ride, easy to get there. The hotel was substantially cheaper than Hilton Istanbul (same price 4 nights here to 1 at main Hilton). Its no more/less convenient than the Conrad. Very nice staff with good service. Always use the Hotel cab service and bring a hotel card with directions for return cab. Would stay again--you come out way ahead on cost even with cab rides which take 15 min to most places.

Room Tip: They have nice terrace rooms look over the river.
1  Thank John D
Esin S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Istanbul Golden Horn Turkey, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am very glad to learn that we were able to provide you a smooth and comfortable stay in our property.

I hope to welcome you back soon on your next visit to Istanbul, Turkey.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

It's a good business hotel but don't expect something luxurious or extraordinary (as the Hilton brand may sound at first). New building located in a quite area. Helpful staff. Room itself was all right.

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am sorry to hear that we were not able exceed your expectations.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon and convince you to score higher.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel due to the Hilton Hotels offering a good standard. This hotel is not conveniently situated and is far away from everywhere. There are NO ENGLISH TV channels apart from the 3 news channels. I did not expect this from the Hilton chain of hotels.

I tried to purchase milk for my tea and I was told by the male staff member at the reception desk that the Turks drank their tea black hence no milk being available. I was very disappointed at his attitude. A similar answer to why there were no English TV channels - he just shrugged his shoulders and said that was the way it was!

The bonus was free internet which worked very well.

The view from the room was OK - the area seemed very run down many old houses which ruined the view of the sea.

I missed breakfast and went downstairs to purchase something to eat from the small kiosk next to the front desk. What a waste of time - only pizzas in the fridge so I settled for nuts which cost 12L for a packet.

I personally will not stay at this hotel again!!!

Room Tip: This hotel is not recommended for families. There is no swimming pool and is way out from everywher...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank JackyinDubai
Esin S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Istanbul Golden Horn Turkey, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences that you had during your stay. We could assure you that all necessary precautions have been taken in order to prevent similar problems from reoccurring.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Hilton garden Inn is in a fairly quiet location however there are some great little restaurants near the hotel and the food was delicious. The hotel staff are very helpful and will organize a taxi or car for touring with reasonable prices. You have the river in front of the hotel for a relaxing walk. The rooms are excellent and enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: River View
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple