“Great way to see Istanbul sights”

Sophora Travel Day Tours
Ranked #167 of 440 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Turkey.Turkey Tour Agency is Professional Travel Agency by TURSAB (association of Turkish Travel Agencies. Our Travel Agency consists of a group of professional and licensed tour guides who are dedicated to share their passion and knowledge about the art, architecture, history and daily life of this amazing country. For Turkey Travel Agency most important values are trust, hospitality, acknowledge, humor and kindness. Our aim is to make our guests to enjoy their stay and return home with memorable experience of Turkey.
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our day with Necip. We toured the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Cisterns, and Topaki Palace with him and the day was both educational and enjoyable. A great way to see and learn about the major sights - you couldn't find a better way to start your stay in Istanbul.

1  Thank ChiT0wnF00die

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I visited Istanbul for the first time last week with some friends, and we were lucky enough to have Medet as our guide both in the Aya Sophia and on a boat tour of the Bosphorous. He is extremely knowledgeable about Istanbul and its history, and gave me a real flavour of the city through both tours.

Medet was professional and friendly throughout, and on the boat tour did a great job of keeping a big group entertained. He made the tour really engaging with all kinds of interesting facts and stories. Afterwards, he even gave us lots of helpful suggestions about things to see and do in the city, including some great advice about how to get a good bargain in the Grand Bazaar!

We were really impressed by his tour, and would highly recommend Medet to anyone visiting Istanbul.

2  Thank Josephine W
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My best friend and I met in Istanbul for Spring Break. We first met Medet when he gave us a guided tour of the Aya Sophia. Medet was able to answer all of our questions and we were very engaged in the tour. That same afternoon we joined his tour on the Bosphorus. Medet kept our group entertained with facts and stories about the sights. He was able to relate well to the children in the group and made sure everyone was enjoying the tour.
A couple of days later we called Medet and he organized a wonderful half-day tour for us. He picked us up and we went to the Chora Church (AMAZING), the Suleymaniye Mosque, an incredible view point of the Bospherous for coffee, and many other sights that we would not have been able to do on our own. Hanging out with Medet was like being shown around by an old friend. He is entertaining and very knowledgeable and the tour we did with him is my most memorable days in Istanbul.
Call Medet- you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My guide Medet first gave me an excellent tour of the Aya Sofia, answering all of my questions and being very friendly and kind--not just doing his job, but loving his job and enjoying sharing the history of this amazing place. I was a young woman travelling alone, and so after the tour he helped me get to where I was going safely, as an older brother would, with lots of kindness and good advice even though it was not at all his responsibility to make sure I was safe. I really appreciated his kindness. I decided the next day to go on a boat tour that he was leading, where there were many families with young children. Sitting on the top of the boat was beautiful, and we got a flavor both of the history and about the lives of everyday people with lots of funny stories and interesting information as he pointed out different buildings along the way. We got off on the Asian side, and looked around a normal neighborhood which was also quite beautiful. If I ever go to Istanbul again, I would absolutely bring my friends and family to this boat tour and ask for Medet specifically.

1  Thank Carolina F
See more reviews
Reviewed April 28, 2012

After a great deal of research, we decided to take a tour of the Topkapi Palace with Necip. Despite a heavy rain and being a very cold day, it was our best day in Istanbul. Necip was fantastic. We were a fairly large group - 6 people of different ages. Necip did a fantastic job keeping us all entertained, answering all of our questions and really just making us all have a great time. He is very knowledgeable about the Palace and Turkish history generally - telling us very interesting and engaging stories while teaching us about Turkish history. He also made himself available for questions - and even after the tour gave us directions and suggestions of places to go throghout the city. If we ever return to Istanbul, we will be sure to schedule as many things as possible with Necip. My family and I highly recommend him to anyone traveling to Istanbul.

1  Thank Ingrid F