“Shady Management”

Ranked #159 of 1,047 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Ontario, Canada
“Shady Management”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I booked this hotel online at booking.com but when I got to the hotel they told me they had cancelled my reservation. Apparently their hotel did not accept my credit card (American Express) although the website booking.com accepted it. I offered to pay with another credit card or cash but they said they had already gave my room away to someone else. I was very disappointed because I received an email from booking.com to confirm my reservation. The hotel was not supposed to take the payment from my credit card before I arrived anyway, they were just supposed to hold it until I arrived in person. The hotel management only seemed to care about making money and keeping the hotel full. I was very turned off by their attitude and it seems they don't have much experience in the service industry. We had to walk around with our bags to try to find another place to stay. I am disappointed that these people don't honor a reservation made online through a reputable company. Avoid doing business with this greedy establishment.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank haganheather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel is brand new and located in a quite street of Sultanahmet at walking distance of Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque and many others attractions.
My room was very comfortable and warmly decorated.
The internet service is free, fast and worked perfectly during my whole stay at this hotel.
The breakfast is good, served at the Panoramic Restaurant in front of the hotel. This restaurant is located at the sixth floor of the building so you may enjoy a beautiful view of the attractions that I mentioned before.
The staff is friendly and speak English.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Istanbul
ISG Airport Hotel
Sultanahmet
Blue Istanbul Suites
Blue Istanbul Suites
#391 of 1,047 in Istanbul

Been to Merial Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Merial Hotel

Property: Merial Hotel
Address: Alemdar mah. Alaykosku cad. No:6 Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34110, Turkey
Location: Turkey > Istanbul > Sultanahmet
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites
Ranked #159 of 1,047 B&Bs / Inns in Istanbul
Hotel Class:3 star — Merial Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Merial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.