“Amazing Service”

Sultan Tughra Hotel
Ranked #129 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Sultan Tughra is a fantastic boutique hotel! The service and hospitality were exceptional and the rooms were clean and well appointed. Mert and his team were helpful, friendly and caring hosts. I highly recommend the Sultan Tughra and I can't wait to go back!
Jeremy

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeremy C

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a truly magic little hotel in every single detail. They are so helpful and everything is beautiful. The surroundings are perfectly quiet, so nice and calm and still near everything we wanted to see and do. One of our best hotel experiences, and we travel a lot. Always looking for small, charming places to stay.

Ok, we did not look at trip advisor before going out this night and ended up here because I wanted to eat fish. First they tried to sell us big fishes for prices far too high. They also offered meze immediately. They were very tasty but a bit too expensive compared to other places. I ate a grilled sea bream from the menu for 20 TL. It was really good but the assorted grilled fishes for 45 were terrible, we gave it all to the restaurant cats. So, the recommendation is, stay away!

Clean sheets and towels, and hot water are the basics for a pansyon. But this one has so much more! Fabulous roof terrace, very good food, excellent breakfast and superb service. Highly recommended

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was our first trip to Turkey. The hotel has Ottoman style in the Old City area of Istanbul has a very good location where is near by to Sultan Ahmet
The room is comfortable and fun to stay in, Turkish delight and a bottle of wine on arrival. The bathroom facilities are excellent. Mr. Mert was always friendly and helpful.
we would have stayed longer!
Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Thank Moayad H. K
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed four nights at the Hotel Sultan Tughra wonderful, welcome mert, who was always ready to help. Has a fun personality really loved The hotel is small proportional to the bedrooms are
small but with everything you could possibly need and a comfortable bed.

I'll come back to him a second time

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

A gorgeous boutique hotel in the best location in Istanbul. Mert the manager and others made you feel part of the family and was so very generous with information,sweets,tea/coffee etc. I would recommend to stay here if you want more than just a key to a room and a shiny front desk it was amazing!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our 4 nights stay in this hotel thanks, mostly, to the very kind and friendly staff. The manager Mert always has a smile on his face and makes you feel at home. As he said, "in this hotel we are all just a big family". The rest of the staff we met were also very friendly: the talkative night receptionist, the nice girl taking care of the breakfast (she cooks eggs to order in the morning) and the jolly housekeeper. The rooms, although small, are nicely decorated in traditional Turkish style (gold, red and glitter). Just to mention a couple of things that they could improve, I think they could add more light in the bathroom and some more TV channels in English; and maybe get rid of the funny looking collection of vinyls they have on display downstairs (there might be a reason for it to be there, but it doesn't match the decor at all -just a personal opinion-). Bear in mind that the hotel is located in some kind of backstreet and, although it's safe and near the main attractions, looks a little scruffy and can be hard to find at first. All in all, we were very happy we picked this hotel. Sure there are bigger and more modern hotels in Istanbul, but I doubt any hotel would have a team as pleasant and helpful as this one. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: We were happy with our room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The staff of sultan tughra hotel add a great value to it. Besides the brilliant location which is so close to a lot of wonderful historical visits (which may be common between all the hotels in sultan ahmet area), i believe that the staff of sultan tughra hotel make the difference. They turn it from a good well located hotel, to be a great and a special hotel. I think no one stayed at sultan tughra can forget the best hospitality ever. Mert , the hotel manager is very helpful, and always there for you. I could find him always from the time i wake up at 7:00 to the time i go to sleep again at 23:00 to 00:00. He was supervising my breakfast, he was always asking me about the room and about my stay. He supported me planing my trip. He also contacted tourist agences for me to book full day trips and so on. Even he lefted my paggage from/to the taxi. Simply,He made it so easy for me to enjoy my stay. Thank you very much Mert. Also thanks to hakaan from the staff, he speaks a little Eglish , but he is very helpful too. Thanks to the breakfast cookers too. That's why i recommend sultan tughra hotel. Not only the great location, also the most helpful and friendly staff ever.

1  Thank m_salah_mahmoud