Sultan Tughra Hotel
  • Pool
$119
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
$121
$118
$420
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmanager mertblue mosqueottoman styleboutique hotelthe hotel managerturkeyrecommend this hotelquiet areaold citywithin walking distancetopkapi palacetop floorsmall hotelstayed here for nightsamazing hotelshort walkmain attractions
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Sultan Tughra hotel and had a wonderful welcome from Mert, who was always ready to help. He has an excellent sense of humour.
The hotel is small with commensurately small bedrooms but with everything we needed and a comfortable bed. The hotel is ideally placed for all the main istanbul attractions - 10 minutes walk to the Blue Mosque. The decor is remarkable - very ornate. Breakfast was very good, the Turkish coffee which Mert produced with no encouragement was delicious and there was a constant supply of Turkish Delight.
An ideal place to stay while visiting the sights of Istanbul.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friend and I just came home from an exciting trip to Istanbul. We stayed three nights at Sultan Tughra. The staff was helpful and very patient with our ongoing questions about sights and how to get to... they were so sweet to us and we felt welcomed.
The rooms are clean, not that big but spacious enough for a pleasant stay. Besides that the decor underlines the story of the Ottoman Empire. Red carpets, glitter and gold.
The hotel is perfectly located in the charming and quiet area of Sultanahmet. Close to the grand sights such as The Blue Mosque, Grand Bazar etc.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor. The basement rooms are bigger but have smaller windows.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Mert K, Genel Müdür at Sultan Tughra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear our valuable guest,
Thank you so much for your review!!.
As a Sultan Tughra Hotel family, receiving your kind review here in İstanbul gives us the most motivation for our family. We appriciate you taking the time to review your stay and we will be very happy to host you again with the same passion at the Sultan Tughra Hotel .

Best Wishes from İstanbul
Mr. Mert KILIÇÖZ

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and from beginning to end I had a great experience. The staff including Mr, Mert was excellent. He made sure that every guest was taken care, whether it was booking a tour or arranging for a car to take you to the airport customer service is their number one priority. This hotel reminds me of the bed & breakfast hotels we have here in California. The decor and cleanliness of the overall hotel was perfect. My room was downstairs from the main floor. In spite of being close to the stairs it was almost always quiet. My room was small as most rooms in Istanbul are but it was just me so I didn't mind. Every morning I was greeted by Mr. Mert who remembered by name and knew exactly what I wanted to eat including the very delicious Turkish coffee. Since the hotel is off the main tourist street you don't have to listen to the street vendors or drunken tourist shouting in the middle of the night. All in all I enjoyed my trip to Istanbul as well as my stay at the Sultan Tughra.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Quaint hotel with interior decor in traditional Turkish style. Our room on the 1st floor was't the most spacious , but it was always well cleaned and bed comfortable with lavish furnishings. Staff warm and friendly and in particular Mert or Matt who is always helpful. Hotel located within walking distance of all major attractions in the Sultanamet area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank bernadettesang
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hôtel is located next to most important monuments of the city. The staff is very pleasant and do his best to make your stay perfect. Rooms are confortable and typic. It's very clean and everyday you seem to get the room as if It is the first Time.

• Stayed: August 2013