“Turkish Hospitality”

Ranked #147 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Los Angeles, California
“Turkish Hospitality”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and from beginning to end I had a great experience. The staff including Mr, Mert was excellent. He made sure that every guest was taken care, whether it was booking a tour or arranging for a car to take you to the airport customer service is their number one priority. This hotel reminds me of the bed & breakfast hotels we have here in California. The decor and cleanliness of the overall hotel was perfect. My room was downstairs from the main floor. In spite of being close to the stairs it was almost always quiet. My room was small as most rooms in Istanbul are but it was just me so I didn't mind. Every morning I was greeted by Mr. Mert who remembered by name and knew exactly what I wanted to eat including the very delicious Turkish coffee. Since the hotel is off the main tourist street you don't have to listen to the street vendors or drunken tourist shouting in the middle of the night. All in all I enjoyed my trip to Istanbul as well as my stay at the Sultan Tughra.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
sussex england
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Quaint hotel with interior decor in traditional Turkish style. Our room on the 1st floor was't the most spacious , but it was always well cleaned and bed comfortable with lavish furnishings. Staff warm and friendly and in particular Mert or Matt who is always helpful. Hotel located within walking distance of all major attractions in the Sultanamet area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank bernadettesang
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hôtel is located next to most important monuments of the city. The staff is very pleasant and do his best to make your stay perfect. Rooms are confortable and typic. It's very clean and everyday you seem to get the room as if It is the first Time.

• Stayed August 2013
Saint Julian's, Malta
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Upon arrival, we were welcomed by Mert who was all smiles and extremely helpful. He offered us turkish coffee and turkish delight and even asked if we would like some breakfast. We were upgraded to the king suite, which was a pleasant surprise too! The room was extremely clean and extravagant. The bathroom was very large and the bedroom was a good size too. We were very comfortable and slept very well. Breakfast was very good and they make delicious eggs upon request at no extra cost. Mert and Mehmet went out of their way to make us comfortable throughout our stay. The location is very good, just a short walk from the main sites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

They have a friendly staff. For me, the decoration is heavy because of the red velvet, but I think it is what a Sultan would have in a Harem! Comfortable bed, clean toilets, nice breakfast and breakfast room. They have small parking zone that was really helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel has so many good features and the staff are very friendly and helpful and also they speak good English. There are only two things that I'd say you have to consider before booking this place: 1- unless you can afford a taxi, you have to walk a fair distance to any public transport or tourism attractions. We love walking so we didn't mind. 2- There is no lift in the hotel and if your room is in the top floor, then you have to drag your heavy suitcase in the narrow stairway. The staff helped me a lot with my suitcase but still my husband had to do it himself.

Room Tip: Avoid economy rooms, they are located in the basement with close to no natural light
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
North Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sultan in Aug 2013. The Hotel is located about 5-10mins away from the Blue Mosque depending on how quickly you climb hills. The location while only 5-10mins away is tucked away in a location that at night can seem a bit sketchy at first glance. However, during our stay we never felt unsafe. The staff is very friendly. Always available and willing to help. Some speak better english than others but it was never hard to get what we wanted.
Because of another Trip Advisor review we emailed the hotel prior to our stay asking to reserve a top floor room. We ended up getting the suite on 3rd floor and it was great.

One note - The hotel offers a shuttle from the airport for $30 Euro. You can easily find a taxi for 30 Lira at the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple