“Good food but set your expectations right” 4 of 5 bubbles

Klemuri
Ranked #191 of 13,378 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Beyoglu
Cheshire, UK
“Good food but set your expectations right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Took a while to find, but lovely friendly staff and enjoyed the food, particularly the chicken almond. My only comment as a silver surfer as such is this is a no frills good food reasonable cost place to go, and great value. We were surrounded by people a third of our age and it was nice, but perhaps we would have looked for a little more geared towards being dressed up and not so fast to eat and finish. I think that is partly a reflection on tripadvisor as top rankings do not reflect the demographics of the typical customer, and we have found this a few times more recently.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Asheville, North Carolina
“Just order Chicken with Almonds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

The service was friendly and the atmosphere cheerful for lunch. We ordered the beef stew with a side of rice and the chicken with almonds, coming to a total of 38 lira. The beef stew was forgettable, nothing special. The chicken with almonds was fantastic, one of the best dishes Ive had in Turkey. Unfortunately I forgot to ask if it had milk in it before ordering, which killed my lactose intolerance.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney
“Excellent food and attentive service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

We are staying around the corner from Klemuri and spotted it coming home. We read the reviews on TA to double check and were not disappointed. We had a mixed plate to share then stuffed aubergines and chicken with almonds. The flavours were exquisite and cooked with love. Prices are very reasonable and our was waitress delightful. The simple but intimate surroundings make it a very pleasant place to enjoy a meal, far from the frenetic bars and eating houses outside. No alcohol served here.

1 Thank Angela D
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Wonderful Meal in Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I have wandered Istiklal Street for 2 nights looking for a nice, not too expensive sit down meal. We found this highly rated on Tripadvisor and it was close to the apartment we rented. We arrived around 9:45pm on a Wednesday when Istiklal is loud and very very busy. It was quiet inside, the staff was very nice, spoke very good english, and the menu was in english and easy to read. We ordered a small rocket salad, a mince meat ravioli dish that was covered in yogurt sauce that we shared. For our mains I had the chicken with almonds and currants over rice and my boyfriend had the goulash. All were super tasty, filling but not too huge, and came quickly. Its not a loud drinking bar, there are no televisions. If you want to have a nice meal for a date or with friends to talk, we recommend it!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MollieMogo
“Great food at a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I eat here just about every time we are in the neighborhood. For the location, you can't get much better quality for the price. I have tried many of the dishes at this point, but my go-to item is the Almond Chicken. The setting is very cozy and feels like you are having dinner in your grandmother's living room. The family that runs the restaurant is incredibly friendly and welcoming and remember me whenever I come for dinner.

Visited April 2014