“Just order Chicken with Almonds”
Review of Klemuri

Klemuri
Ranked #226 of 13,980 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beyoglu
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The service was friendly and the atmosphere cheerful for lunch. We ordered the beef stew with a side of rice and the chicken with almonds, coming to a total of 38 lira. The beef stew was forgettable, nothing special. The chicken with almonds was fantastic, one of the best dishes Ive had in Turkey. Unfortunately I forgot to ask if it had milk in it before ordering, which killed my lactose intolerance.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We are staying around the corner from Klemuri and spotted it coming home. We read the reviews on TA to double check and were not disappointed. We had a mixed plate to share then stuffed aubergines and chicken with almonds. The flavours were exquisite and cooked with love. Prices are very reasonable and our was waitress delightful. The simple but intimate surroundings make it a very pleasant place to enjoy a meal, far from the frenetic bars and eating houses outside. No alcohol served here.

1  Thank Angela D
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I have wandered Istiklal Street for 2 nights looking for a nice, not too expensive sit down meal. We found this highly rated on Tripadvisor and it was close to the apartment we rented. We arrived around 9:45pm on a Wednesday when Istiklal is loud and very very busy. It was quiet inside, the staff was very nice, spoke very good english, and the menu was in english and easy to read. We ordered a small rocket salad, a mince meat ravioli dish that was covered in yogurt sauce that we shared. For our mains I had the chicken with almonds and currants over rice and my boyfriend had the goulash. All were super tasty, filling but not too huge, and came quickly. Its not a loud drinking bar, there are no televisions. If you want to have a nice meal for a date or with friends to talk, we recommend it!

1  Thank MollieMogo
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I eat here just about every time we are in the neighborhood. For the location, you can't get much better quality for the price. I have tried many of the dishes at this point, but my go-to item is the Almond Chicken. The setting is very cozy and feels like you are having dinner in your grandmother's living room. The family that runs the restaurant is incredibly friendly and welcoming and remember me whenever I come for dinner.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had dinner at Klemuri tonight: Mediterranean Sharing Plate for starters which was very tasty, and the best Hummus we've had so far in Istanbul. I had the Lamb with dried Plums (like sweet tastin prunes) for main, which was great. Partner had the Meaballs (more like meat roll sliced) with salad and yoghurt sauce, which was good. Both Deserts also got finished with a smile :). The meals plus bread and water cost us 78 TL plus tip (that's 22 quid to you and me), which is great value.

The service is really good, the staff genuinely friendly and unpretentious. I would recommend this small restaurant to anyone who does not mind having great meal without alchohol.

2  Thank Steve B