“What a meal we had”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beyoglu
Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was the best meal we had Istanbul. The cheese fondue is excellent by far the best dish. However, there is a layer of butter, literally a layer of butter on top of the cheese. If you are counting your calories stop counting right there.
We had a mixed salad plate that was very interesting, especially the olive salad and the thyme salad.
And please check very well for directions thoroughly when you want to go there because you can get lost easily and the restaurant is not easy to find.
The wine is great maybe we were lucky I think it was a sauvignon white wine.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Although it was hard to find, I finally managed. They seem to have a nice variety but some dishes are only for sharing, as I was on my own I took one vegetarian option... It was something very unique, very special taste with chickpeas, some buttery sauce and something leafy... no idea, it was a very small portion but good enough for me. I complemented with an excellent fruity wine and the most delicious dessert ever: some sort of marinated pumpkin. I even asked for how they did this but of course, didnt share the secret. Is a very sweet taste with amazing texture, accompanies by a bit of peanut sauce, highly recommended.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We decided to come to this restaurant to meet some friends for lunch. Not far from Taksin Square, surprisingly the place was not crowded. The food was delicious! We started our meal with a dish that was a Turkish version of Fondue, called Muhlama. Spread either on corn bread or dark bread, it was tasty and not overly cheesy. Apparently it takes a very special Armenian cheese to make this. I had the fish balls served on a sea of greens. The dish was tasty and the fish balls tasted like fresh fish. The pumpkin dessert was unique, it was a candied style with tahini. This is a "must try". The variety of herbal teas would make a health food store jealous. And of course there was chai and Turkish coffee. Wine and beer are available. Treat yourself to klemuri!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our group of 14 all decided this was our best meal out. We were not disappointed with any of our meals in Istanbul, but this small family-run restaurant lived up to all of the reviews we read. It is hard to find, but well worth the effort!

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

After one week in Istanbul I am so happy that we found this place! I've never eaten such great food in my life probably! Once inside, you forget that you're in the middle of this fast beating metropole and you relax and enjoy the lovely, cosy atmosphere.