“My worth experience”

and 1 more site!
Rixos Taksim Istanbul
Ranked #484 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights as Visa and bank lottery winners. Also we booked our room for 2 nights more for money. We didn't enjoy our stay there, the view from window was to destroyed building, breakfasts were poor, good audioability (you can hear street's sounds, thanks God our windows were not to the street side). We had a wedding anniversary and сoncierge was very busy to help me to order bouquet, I was waiting about 20 minutes without results. Positive: our 2-floors suite was really good and Taksim square is not far from the hotel. But today they asked my family to leave the hotel because they fully booked and they are waiting many new guests. They ordered me another Rixos hotel in Istanbul, but I didn't accept this order. They promised to return my money back (hope they didn't lie) and we moved to Swissotel the Bosphorus hotel. We enjoy this hotel but this is the theme for new review :)
We will not go to Rixos hotels everywhere in the World and I'll try to dissuade many people to visit these hotels. This was our first and the last visit.
I see only one reason to visit this hotel: to win a trip there.

Room Tip: If you will risk to move there, book junior suite.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mikhail N
Rixos T, Fine-Ex Supervisor & Hotel Management at Rixos Taksim Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Greetings from Rixos Elysium Suites Taksim-Istanbul.

Thank you for taking time to share your stay experience with us. Your comments indicate that we all as Rixos Elysium Suites Taksim failed to meet your expectations and requests at your desirable service level. It is always our great pleasure to make you satisfied with our hotel services.

Please accept my personal and our Hotel Teams’ sincere apologies as we failed to deliver you high-quality services during your stay.

Kindly let us know if you have any requests prior to coming to our Hotel next time. We surely organize well and do our best for your requests. Please know that all your comments will be highly appreciated and seriously taken into consideration in order to improve our hotel services.

We look forward to having you return to our Hotel Rixos Elysium Suites Taksim on your next visit.

Thanks again

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Although hotel options in Istanbul are extremely wide, tourists usually narrow their choices down to most likely ten hotels to choose from.
Triipadvisor usually plays a huge factor on decision making process therefore I find it extremely important to post my great experience at Rixos Elysium Taksim.
1. Rooms (suites) are of great size.
2. Bathroom is almost perfect. Huge, well organized but no bath, only showers. Not very useful if you have kids.
3. Spotless, new furniture, no smoke smells and very quiet.
4. Breakfast is very good.
5. In the breakfast room, smokers area (outside and covered) doesn't have a wireless internet coverage while the main room does have a good coverage.
6. You get complimentary bottles of water, tea and coffee.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Frli
Rixos T, Fine-Ex Supervisor & Hotel Management at Rixos Taksim Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Greetings from Rixos Elysium Suites Taksim-Istanbul.

Thank you for taking time to share your positive stay experience with us. Your positive comments indicate that we as Rixos Elysium Suites Taksim met your expectations and requests at a high-quality service level and also we ensure that you it is always our great pleasure to welcome and serve you very well at our Hotel.

Whenever you want to state more details regarding your stay experience at our Hotel, please know that all your comments will be highly appreciated and seriously taken into consideration.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

This hotel is classy, good located and well run. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floors have beeter view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flycatcher69

Reviewed April 24, 2012

In April 2012, we stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend. It is a luxury hotel with a high-qualified team.
Some receptionist are not sufficient to foreign languages except English. They should better employ who can speak more than two languages. I had realized that there were generally foreigners (especially Iranians and Arabians ) logde at hotel . As a result of this situation, each of the hotel team first try to speak in English with you. For me, it was a rude manner for the residents. Also I think it is my responsibility to write some issues regarding with the check-in process. Kindly be informed that you are required to pay a provision fee. (I think it changes regarding the luxury of the room/suit you will stay at) In the past,most European 5-star hotels used to make you pay for the mini-bar before you checked in as a guarantee. This methodology is nowadays became pointless, I had also mentioned this on their customer satisfaction survey.
Regarding with the suit (junior) we stayed in, it was so modern and so comfortable. Also please note that air condition system is such a noise pollution, so don't forget to powe it off or always use sleep mode.
It was a lovely weekend for us. I agree with the comments regarding with the size of the bed,I believe it was not a king size bed,too. But it was so comfy for me to rest.
I love the bathroom and it was really useful to have a lot of closets in it.
I didn't like the restaurant's menu at all, we tried to order pizza, but we are kindly informed that the chief must roll out the dough first and it will probably take more than 40 minutes, thus we decided to order something else. The waiter was so kind to us, he was engaged in doing his job.
When it comes to breakfast, it was magnificient and so delicious.
The hotel is so close to Taksim Square. (it is 7 minutes walk to Taksim Square.)
I believe if you make a night of it and don't think about the money you will spend, you should book a room in Rixos Elysium.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank arsey

Reviewed April 18, 2012

The suites of this hotel are luxury furnished with ultra modern design, the lighting is complicated but very nice. The dimension are that of a small appartment. The service is good, the only thing that is a little bit disapponting is that the number of waiters for breakfast is not adequate to the hotel and sometime you need to wait. The location is at 5min from Tacsim square, the road in not perfect.

Room Tip: Try the SPA The taxi drivers sometime don't know this hotel, print a map.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank stefano32

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This the first hotel in my life that I enjoyed to stay very much.. I've rested there fully and comfortly.. Thanks Rixos!

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank tsalahov

Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Istanbul. We did enjoy our stay at the Rixos Elysium Suites Taxsim but I do have some reservations about the hotel (sort of mixed feelings!). I'll list those as pros and cons.
PROs
1. The hotel is brand new which means its super clean and everything is in excellent shape.
2. Ideal location, a close 10-minutes walk to Taxsim Square and Istiklal Street but at the same time its situated in a very quiet street which means you can get a good night sleep with no traffic sounds (which I read about in reviews for hotels of close proximity on the main street).
3. The hotel is a 5-minute walk to the Taxsim metro station. Most of the taxis we used didn't know the hotel because its new but its really not an issue because you can tell them to go to the Hyatt which is a minute drive away and then give directions.
4. The breakfast is really good and fresh.
5. The rooms are pretty spacious... hot water 24/7.

CONs
1. The toilets smell terrible!!! There's absolutely no ventilation whatsoever. We complained about this and they tried to offer us another room but it had the same problem. (I also read reviews complaining about this on another website)
2. A lot of the hotel staff does not speak English. This problem is VERY common in Istanbul but you don't expect to face that in a 5-stars hotel. We called house keeping to order a pillow from the pillow menu and got a bunch of towels half an hour later! We just didn't bother explaining again.
3. The bed is small! It said in the hotel booking that its a queen bed so I e-mailed the hotel and asked them if we could get a room with a king size bed and they said all their rooms have king size beds. NOT REALLY!! Its too small.
4. We arrived at the hotel around 3:30 pm and the receptionist said our room will be ready "soon". She offered us an upgrade which I later discovered was a way to just keep us quiet about delaying our check-in for too long. She kept saying it will be ready "in a bit" until we had to yell about it at around 5:45 to finally get a room!
5. The hotel bar is VERY overpriced and so is the spa.

Overall, I'm not sure if I'd go back to Rixos or not. There are a lot of hotels in the area so I might check out one of those next time. The bed size and the toilets smell was really an issue!

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms have better view!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Foofeh

Greetings from Rixos Elysium Suites Taksim-Istanbul.

Thank you for taking time to share your stay experience with us. Your comments indicate that we all as Rixos Elysium Suites Taksim failed to meet some of your expectations and requests at your desirable service level. We would like you to kindly know that it is always our great pleasure to make you satisfied with our hotel services.

Please accept my personal and our Hotel Teams’ sincere apologies as we failed to deliver you high-quality services during your stay, even though you had some positive stay experiences.

Thanks again