Blue Istanbul Hotel
Tomtom Suites(Istanbul)
$155
$112
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$515
$405
$120
$115
  • Pool
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$199
$182
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $46/night.

Free cancellation until 06/02
Book now, pay at stay
$119
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$420
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice bathroomgrand bazaarstandard roomsultanahmet squarenice breakfastwalking distanceexcellent locationpublic transportationsmall roomhagia sophiavery nice hotelold cityturkeycemberlitasattractionstramwaysuitcases
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We've stayed in the hotel for a couple of days. I have been in Istanbul at several similar price hotels and I can honestly say this was the best from all of them. Although it is not perfect, it can offer all you need for a city trip - central location, clean and comfortable rooms, although not so big, a safe, good WiFi signal with APs at every floor and good breakfast.
Before arriving there I had some concerns regarding the parking that is stated to be public and free. Sultanhamet is the hardest area to drive and park in Istanbul so I didn't believe I would be able to park my car there. However, I wrote the hotel before arriving there and they emailed me that we will cope with the parking problem somehow. Amazingly, I didn't have any problems with the parking during all my stay but keep in mind all the time I used to return to the hotel in the night. Looking at the traffic in the area during the day and if I were to arrive during the day I still doubt they would be able to find a parking space for me.
My second concern was the reviews I saw in tripadvisor about the frequent overbooking they do. What happened is they really did some overbooking of the budgetary rooms so we were actually upgraded to a standard triple room for the first night. We had to pay for the room for the rest of the stay or move to the budgetary room. We decided to pay but we negotiated a discounted price so everyone was happy.
Some thing that some people may find disturbing is the singing early in the morning from the mosque but this is Istanbul - you need to get used to this.
The conclusion is this is a good value for money hotel (according to Istanbul standards). There is nothing you can do in the hotel itself and the street in front is not nice at all but it is a good place to stay if you need a central location with walking access to the most touristic places like the Blue Mosque.

Room Tip: Keep in mind the budgetary rooms are in the basement. Their interior is the same as in the other rooms but the windows are very very small and it's dark inside.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mihail B
Reviewed June 18, 2013

In this hotel you realize quickly that everything is about money for them! When we arrived they told me that the room I booked was in the basement!! It was a room really small, without a window! Of course I asked for another room and they asked for 15 euros more for every day we spend there. It’s obvious that they are looking for more money. The cleaning wasn’t good and the area is really poor. The only positive is the small distance from Agia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. But generally I don’t recommend this hotel. Surely you can find many more with quality and people that are not lying.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelblue i, Manager at Blue Istanbul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Nikitas k,

i have just read your review about our property, as the new Manager of Blue istanbul hotel.
I would like to thank you to be a guest of our hotel and thank you for review. However, i would like to inform you that we have improved our service quality and hospitality standards and new professional staffs instead of old staff last year.
we have checked your review and found a solution to have not same complaint with other guests ever. There is no same staff anymore who communicate with you.after take up seriously our new luxury and pleasure plan we became a GUEST SATISFACTION ORIENTED hotel, and i am sure that these kinds of mistakes will not gonna happen again in our property during your next visit.
We will be glad to welcome you back in BLUE ISTANBUL HOTEL to help you to clearly explore our new services and the new face of our property.
Please do not hesitate to contact us about your eventual visit in our hotel.

As Blue Istanbul family; we wish you a pleasant day and thank you again for your contribution.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here August 2012 so when retuning to Istanbul there was only one place to stay. The reception staff remembered us and made us feel very welcome. The hotel is ideally placed for easy access to all the attractions round the Blue Mosque area yet far enough away to avoid almost all traffic noise. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good. Great place.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We booked a seaview room months in advance along with an airport pickup. The van arrived one hour late -- not the best start. They said it was traffic, but all the Istanbul drivers know how bad traffc is, so they should know how much time to allocate.

When we arrived, we got the same story as many other guests. The hotel was full, so we would not have our seaview room as reserved. If possible, they would give us the "best" seaview room the second night. I'm not sure we would have gotten it if we hadn't pushed the issue in the morning.

Based on all the other coments, it appears they are purposefully overbooking the few seaview rooms in order to fill the hotel. My guess is that they give it to the guests that paid the highest rate.

Overall the rooms and the hotel are fine, and we got a decent price, but their bait and switch with the rooms is dishonest and disappointing. For this reason, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank cybersee
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I booked this hotel on Late Rooms and paid 39 Euros for a standard single room. My booking was confirmed on email so never thought anything of it. I arrived late in Istanbul at for 1 night stopover. Grabbing a taxi from the airport at a cost of 50 Turkish Lira and arrived in Sultanahmet the location of the hotel. Firstly I noted it is a difficult hotel to find especially late at night so we drove around for 10 minutes down poorly lit back streets trying to find it.
When I arrived my initial thought was disappointment with the hotel décor but then as I entered things took a turn for the worse. The man on reception had no knowledge of my booking. I produced my email and he said it did not matter because the hotel was full. To cut a long storey short the hotel had rebooked my room and not bothered to notify either Late Rooms or myself of any problems with my booking.
The man on reception was very rude and threatening towards me. Not the customer services you would expect to say the least. He wouldn’t help me find alternative accommodation. Wouldn’t let me use the hotel WIFI it was a terrible experience. I had no choice but to walk out on the street and find another hotel. After 15 minutes I found the Sultan House Hotel which had 1 room double left. I was so happy.
I made Late Rooms aware and they replied to all my emails promptly. I had no problems with them as it was solely the hotels fault. They tried to get answers from the hotel but think they are still waiting. Anyway Late Rooms compensated me for my experience so fair play.
My advice is, If you are thinking of booking this hotel don’t! You have been warned.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
hotelblue i, Manager at Blue Istanbul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

I would like to apologize on behalf of the Blue istanbul hotel. I am so sorry that you had a hard time to find out our hotel. Istanbul is a big metropolis and usually taxi drivers are getting advantage of this with tourists.
That is why we strongly recommend our guests to order airport pick-up service from our hotel. For the guests who chose to use public transportation we provide a detailed explanation of the directions.
As you wrote about overbooking and receptionist attitude and i am sure that these kinds of mistakes will not gonna happen again in our property during your next visit.we would like to tell you employees of hotel has been changed who involved in this case.
As blue istanbul hotel it is very important that all our guests leave our hotel happily. For that reason I already explained I would do my best to change your unpleasant memories with good ones. Please feel free to contact myself directly if you are travelling to Istanbul again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Please do accept my apologies.
Kindest regards,