“Some pluses and some minuses!”

Blue Istanbul Hotel
Ranked #424 of 1,113 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2013

On the plus side this hotel was very clean, good bathroom and shower, great breakfast if you got down by about 9 am, quiet, very convenient for the Hippodrome, etc. On the downside, we had booked a 'Deluxe double room with sea view' about 3 months before trip and requested a room on the 4th or 5th floor. On arrival we were told that for the first night we would have a normal double room (which turned out to be very small) and then we could change for the remaining 4 nights. We were given a 10 percent discount for the first night. The second room was bigger because it was a triple but on the 3rd floor and the sea view was minimal. Receptionist very friendly and seemed helpful but there were some niggly problems about airport transfer and early breakfast on the last morning. Also, we'd booked through the hotel website because they offered a 5 percent discount for payment in cash but when we came to pay, we were told that this was no longer an option. We argued the point and eventually got the discount. Having just rechecked the website, we note that this 5 percent is still offered - so beware!

Room Tip: Standard double room 504 is very small. Triple Room 302 is a good size for 2 people but the sea vie...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had booked this hotel via booking.com for more than 4 months. I received an email from the hotel confirming everything was fine and we even agreed on an airport pickup. However, when I arrived in the hotel I was told they had overbooked and I had to spend the first night in a nearby hotel. This is unacceptable given they had confirmed all was fine and didn't even warned me they might have to move me.

I had to carry my luggage back to this hotel from the other, and I found the hotel extremely noisy and the street it is in looks really run down. There are plenty of hotel two streets above in a much nicer and well lit area.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement rooms and try to get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel 8 months ago through booking.com. The booking was confirmed.
Five days before I was due to fly out the hotel emailed me and requested I cancel the booking. They claimed a new receptionist was readjusting the prices. It is clear they could rent the room for more than was agreed on my contract. The staff at Booking.com tried to help but the response from the Blue Istanbul Hotel was less than helpful - they said we could turn up and if they had a room they would give it to us, otherwise they would send us to another Hotel. This is highly unsatisfactory for us. Needless to say we booked elsewhere, fortunately there are many choices. I must emphasise that the customer service from booking.com was good and it was through no fault of theirs. So, thumbs down to the Blue Istanbul from me!!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelblue i, Manager at Blue Istanbul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

As NEW Manager of the hotel, I would like to express my sadness for any inconvenience you have experienced in Blue istanbul hotel.
Thank you for your comments which helped us to improve our reservation software, staff attitude; we do apologize for the inconveniences and hope that you will visit our Hotel in the future in order to experience our cosmopolitan luxury and personalized attention.
And we are in old sultanahmet area of istanbul. As you have seen the streets are bumpy small and thin. You can imagine internet problem happen sometimes when people login to internet at sametime. Sometimes we get reservation online but we don’t get fax so we cannot know that we got reservation or not.
we would be happy to accommodate you once more to show you that we can do much better and offer you the magical stay our guests expect.

Looking forward to host you another time,
Best Regards,
Enes Demir,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We spent 4 days in Istanbul in Feb 2013. The staff was extremely friendly. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. The only thing is if you are light sleepler, make sure you contact the hotel and request a room that will have min impact from the morning prayers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived to Istanbul on February 4, 2013. We requested to be picked up from the airport by the hotel and we are glad we did so. The pick-up was right on time, an excellent driver and a perfect ride. The hotel itself is clean and new. We have reserved the budget room, but the hotel manager advised us that we will not be comforted at it and he offered us an upgrade to a better room at only 50 Euros.

The hotel location is perfect, just 5 minutes walk from the SultanAhmet (Blue Mosque) area. Also, there's a mini-market right in-front of the hotel.

The staff is very helpful, always smiling specially Mohamed and Omer. They made us feel like we are at home.

The breakfast buffet was nice,,, it has some variety but it's not a very big buffet, and I was so sad because it didn't contain the famous Turkish lentil soup!

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Blue Istanbul :)

Room Tip: Sea-View rooms are lovely,,, budget room is very small and doesn't have neither a mini-bar nor a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Heba_Allam
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a very positive experience at this hotel about 2 months ago during our brief visit to beautiful Istanbul. Our sea view room on the 5th floor was luxurious, comfortable and very clean. We made friends with the staff immediately and they made us feel right at home. The Turkish buffet breakfast was quite diverse and delicious. The location was slightly off the main street but it was very central to all the attractions. We would definitely go back and have recommended this hotel to friends!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are gorgeous!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this January at room 301 with a sea view. There are also sea-view rooms on 4th and 5th floor, i guess the view is much better from those.
The stuff is friendly, english speaking mostly.
Room was cleaned everyday. There is a TV, refrigirator and free WI-FI. I had electrick kettle with tea-bags and sugar. I love it! There's a small market right across the street.

The only minus I found in this hotel was breakfast. The worst i can remember! It was from 8 to 10 am, but when i came at 8-30 usually half of food was gone. Especially hot food. I saw a toster but never saw a piece of toast-bread. I found mold on cheese. Awful!

There were no problems with booking. I booked tickets on booking com and got a letter from the hotel with conformation. Also was suggested a transfer from the airport for 25 euro. The transfer was very good both sides. It is located 5 minutes walk from Divan yolu that leads straght to the main sightseeings. You can easily get everywhere just walking. Or use a tram. I stayed alone, but didn't feel scared to walk after sunset. In winter it gets dark after 5pm. First day it was difficult to find the right direction even using map, but later I knew all possible ways to get where i wanted to.

Room Tip: Sea view is a thing to pay for.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo