“Relaxing and amazing accommodation”
Review of Maritime Hotel

Maritime Hotel
Ranked #305 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Istanbul, Turkey
“Relaxing and amazing accommodation”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

From the moment we arrived the service was exemplary and we were thoroughly spoilt. We were also contacted, ahead of our arrival, for a complimentary transfer. There were so many things that made our stay wonderful. One thing amazing staff, perfect location. The view from the terrace was simply amazing. The breakfast was the best we’ve had at any hotel with amazing quality and variety. Another example of the service was even after we had checked out, the staff still notified us of a transfer cancellation, which gave us time to organise alternative transport. Overall this was a relaxing and amazing accommodation and we would recommend this. We would definitely return given the opportunity. All the staff were great. Thanks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Ayşegül K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We've stayed in Mari Time Hotel in Istanbul for 5 days. It has a great location in a safe and lovely neighbourhood of Sultanahmet. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated in Otoman style, a bit small but also pretty comfort. The beds were very comfortable, the towels were changed every day.

The staff was very kind, they arranged us a restaurant reservations and taxi drives. They are always smiling and you just can't feel bad while you are staying there.

The breakfast was various, everyone can find something tasty. Tea and coffe is served 24/7 in the lobby as well as in the room.

I would highly recommend this beautiful little hotel and I will come back again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Tamara P
Ballynahinch, Co. Down
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Pulling into the postcard perfect street after travelling for 28 hours was lovely!

Room was gorgeous, super comfy bed and lovely decor, breakfast was yummy with a huge range.

The guy at reception was really helpful and a few days later our hotel door was knocked, I answered it to a member of staff with a (delicious) cake with candles and sparklers, singing 'happy birthday' to me! (It was actually my birthday by the way!). When I told my mum at home about it she said it was service above and beyond, and so nice it made her cry :) :)

Lovely all round, and because it was off season our room was half price too, yay!

• Stayed January 2013
7 Thank becky191985
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I picked this hotel based off of reviews/location from Trip Advisor. Not only was I NOT disapointed, I was impressed! The hotel staff is the number one asset to this hotel. Friendly, accomidating, and honest kindness. I found myslef having lovely conversations with them on a daily basis. I had missed my bus to Bulgaria and even though I was already checked out they were so kind and helpful. Another BIG THANK YOU! The rooms were cute and clean; comfy bed-slept great. The breakfast was good with a little bit of everything. So close to the Blue Mosque and other attractions. I knew I was in a good hotel when a couple arrived and gave the manager a BIG hug as this was a return trip for them. Even the people at the shop across the street were kind, friendly, and helpful. Just a good hotel, in a good location, with good people. I enjoyed Istanbul very much and when I return I will stay here again!

Room Tip: I actually ended up staing in 3 differnt rooms as I was traveling around back and forth to other cit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Kungfukristin
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

First of all, I want to thank the friendly hotel staff who helped us to have the most beautiful vacation ever! Their help was invaluable to us! Hotel location is perfect, a few minutes from all the important things in the old part of the city. The rooms are clean and well equipped! All you need - is available :-)
For every recommendation! Istanbul: wow!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Aaaaadriana
High Wycombe
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I flew from the UK and stayed for a long weekend at the end of January meeting up with friends who live in Europe. They had already booked and I was pleasantly surprised to get a rate less than EUR 40 per night inc breakfast and airport pick up from Ataturk.
My friends had advised me that they had been relocated to the hotel opposite due to a plumbing problem and I was concerned we would get split up , which would defeat the object. I emailed the Hotel Manager, called Defne, about this and the response was so prompt and helpful stating we would be kept together. As it happened we all ended up in the Mari Time.

The rooms are very clean and modern and have en suite with shower. There is a safe, mini-bar, tea and coffee and air-con. Rooms efficiently serviced every day whilst we were out sight seeing. The breakfast spread was a little basic, but sufficient in quantity. With plenty of bread, cheeses and a small hot buffet. But I knew this wasn't 5-star so was not expecting smoked salmon and champagne !

Whilst there is no bar or restaurant or leisure facilities this was an excellent choice because of the time of year we did not want sunbathing anyway. The location cannot be faulted with the blue mosque about 5 minutes walk away. It felt safe in the area too.

The most outstanding feature of this hotel was the service of all the staff. The guy on the front desk was superb. He even rounded off my trip by arranging me a transfer back to the airport courtesy of the hotel.

My thanks to Defne and all the staff at the Mari Time !!

Room Tip: There is no lift, so try and get the first floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank BucksFlyer
Dubai,United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Wow! What a lovely place! I was struck by the beautiful old town location on first impressions and then by the warm greeting of Dephne and her staff who are amazing! We were given a coffee and homemade pastries which were well recieved after a long flight! The manager showed us a map and filled us in on everything to do and see, she was great ! Rooms were lovely. Breakfast was fab, when they saw I didn't eat much as I am fussy they offered to make me an omelette which was devine! The whole stay was fab. I even got a lovely gift from them which I forgot to say thanks for! I loved being a stones throw from great restaurants/cafes and all that Istabul has to offer.

• Stayed December 2012