“ziya baba is the best!”
Review of ZiyaBaba

ZiyaBaba
Ranked #70 of 13,986 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Delicious Kebab for very modest Price at the very heart of sultanahmet. I stayed in the nearby hotel byzas which is in the same building.

2  Thank Orhan B

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic little restaurant. It doesn't look much from the outside but definitely worth stopping in. The food is delicious. I'm not sure what magic spices they use but everything was amazing. We could see the produce being delivered, well the butcher is merely across the road, so you know everything is fresh. The owner couldn't be more friendly, no heavy sale as you walk by (very refreshing for Istanbul!!) and explained everything on the menu. And the best bit, it's so reasonably priced. No alcohol but soft drinks, tea and coffee served. Just a shame we found it on our last night

1  Thank FunintheBigCity
Reviewed June 4, 2013

After reading a good review of Ziyababa from a trip report, I decided to try it if I could find it. We had a hard time finding it. We asked many people but didn't help much. Fortunately, we asked a man who finally gave us the right direction.
This is a non-descript eating place which is not in the Sultanhament area where restaurant prices were greatly inflated for tourists. It is just a normal eating place. However the food was great, especially the grilled chicken. We liked the food that we went there twice. Both times, we were not disappointed. Price was also reasonable. Depending on what was on the table, we paid about 28 Turkish Liras for three adults.
I will go back if I am in Istanbul again.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I had been wanting to try this place since I arrived in Istanbul but had not made it yet though I had already scoped out its location during a morning run. It is a yellow building with green awnings on the corner just past a Tradiional Turkiah Art market. The menu is posted on the outside wall. On my last day I had not had lunch but wasnt really feeling hungry due to spoiling my appetite on boza and sira at Vefa Bozacisi and Turkish Delight at Ali Muhiddin Hacir Bekir (also must stops!). But I figured I should eat something besides sugar so I stopped by. Boy am I glad I did! I ordered the vegetarian Eggplant Kebap. It came with a red onion salad, bulgur, grilled tomatoes, peppers and pide. I ate every single bite! It was delicious. The eggplant comes with a little melted cheese on top if you are dairy free. Definitely take time out for a great meal at an incredible value!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a very tasty place! I had a chicken shish and my husband a lamb kebab. The food was grilled to perfection and with liberal use of spice (including a lot of sumac), it tasted great. I paid two or three times the price for the same dish in other Istanbul eateries and it was nowhere near as good as this. We also tried their baklava for pudding and it was really good. Come here for a good, cheap dinner (around 25 TL for two of us).

1  Thank SmallExplorer