“Fabulous Massage”

Ambassador Hotel Spa Center
Ranked #4 of 221 Spas & Wellness in Istanbul
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Turkish Bath was an interesting experience (not sure if I would do it again) but definitely something you must try. Privacy of your own Hammam was nice. Not the newest or most modern facilities but the experience triumphs that. Massage was just fabulous!! One of the best massages I've ever had, really focused where I asked and was relaxing (by Zeki). Would definitely recommend going here if you are looking for a good massage and care less about the Turkish Bath (not in a historic Hammam, etc).

All reviews
in 9 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 2 reviews

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I've done hammams before but was attracted to this unique experience. The hammam at the Ambassador is small but quite nice. I went over for a hammam and massage but learned they needed 2 hours to heat up the hammam. No problem. I had a drink at the bar and ended up playing backgammon with one of the very friendly staff, Ersin. I came back the next day for my appointment with Zeki. They have a "tip to toe" package that includes 30 min reflexology massage, 60 min body massage and 30 min head massage. I made arrangements to switch out the reflexology for a hammam treatment. They happily made the switch to accomadate me. The treatment was incredible. I had been feeling a bit under the weather and walked away feeling back to my old self. Zeki's hammam treatment is thorough without being brutal the way some hammams can be. The massage was incredible. I was basically asleep by the time it was over...and I never fall asleep during massage. 2 hours of total relaxation. I highly recommend Zeki and his highly skilled services.

2  Thank Zach W
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Slightly kitsch surroundings but excellent Turkish bath, scrub and massage combo. Zeki is very good at what he does. Felt fabulous afterwards.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My best friend and I rounded off a great day cruising the Bosphorus via ferry with an Oriental massage experience at the Ambassador Hotel with Zeki. When we arrived early, the wonderful concierge Ersin invited us for afternoon tea and cake and charmed us both while we waited. We had just started our overseas adventures and wanted to unwind with a massage, but we also wanted to experience the Turkish hamami, but read on TripAdvisor that many of the big historic baths were overpriced for what you get, and so a bit of research uncovered this gem. Zeki took us down into the baths (we went at 18:00 and neither of us heard any dishes or kitchen noises) and the steam room is gorgeous. We were scrubbed, foamed and massaged into bliss and Zeki was just wonderful.

2  Thank Katemc84
See more reviews
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 4 nights in Istanbul. We followed the Lonely Planet (a bit of a miss with their restaurant recommendations) and visited Zeki at the Ambassador Hotel as we wanted a Hamman experience together.

We had visited the public hammans and wasn't too sure what to expect. We were both really surprised at what an excellent experience it turned out to be. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

We both had a 40 minutes Turkish bath followed by a 30 minute massage. It was extremely relaxing and Zeki was very professional. We would definitely recommend this experience as having the Hamman privately was fantastic.

We even had to change our appointment at short notice and this was no problem!

4  Thank Glenn B