“a great introduction to Istanbul - Best of Istanbul full day tour”

True Blue Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #13 of 422 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an "A" class boutique travel agency located in the Sultanahmet old city district of Istanbul in Turkey. Our tours are countrywide and custom designed to suit each client's or client group's particular travel wishes. We do offer package tours as well. The primary goal of our agency is to focus on customer satisfaction by offering personal service and great attention to details as we believe that this is the best way to a successful future for the True Blue Tour team and for Turkish tourism as well.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We chose to hit the ground running on our first day in Instanbul and were collected from our hotel about 8.30 for a full day tour. We wanted to use this as an orientation to the city and we were not disappointed. Aylef, our guide was helpful and knowledgeable - she answered our many questions, and gave us great background into life in the city.

We were a small group, (six from memory) we started the day heading up to Pierre Loti cafe for a view of the city, then a Bosphorus boat ride, pointing out the sights. We then visited the spice bazaar, a quick visit to Rustem Pasha Mosque (they were closing for prayers, so we went back on our own later). This mosque was a favourite of our guide, due to its smaller size and beautiful authentic iznik tiles - so we made a point of visiting later.

We stopped for lunch, which was very nice, at a quirky little restarant and, refuelled, went on to Sultanamet area for the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and the Hippdrome.

All in all, it was nicely paced, easy walking, and we had ample time at each location to look around by ourselves, ask questions etc. Toilet opportunities were available - make sure you have some small coins in case you have to pay (well worth it - having tried the free one on the ferry)

Exactly what we were looking for, an informative tour which gave us the information needed to strike out on our own later on.

Having the benefit of a local guide is invaluable, as they can impart their own particular preferences and experiences, fleshing out the knowledge you gain.

Thanks Aylef!

3  Thank Scrivo
Eyup K, Director of Sales at True Blue Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Merhaba Scrivo, Thanks a lot for your enthusiastic report about our popular Best of Istanbul sightseeing program. We love this tour because, as you mentioned, it provides a truly comprehensive experience and an introduction to Istanbul such that our guests fell comfortable navigating a bit on their own following their day with TBT. There is no other regular tour program like it on offer and; with a fun, clever, laid back and intuitive guide like Elif you're in a win-win situation. We're glad that you were pleased by the tasty lunch at quirky Kybele. Thanks for the tip at the end, that is something we will begin to mention in our list of helpful tips! All the best, Eyup

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I usually travel and arrange everything by myself, but since my parents wanted to come along, I was recommended by a friend to use True Blue Tour service since I had very little time to organize the whole thing. Ruta got in touch with me thru email and helped me putting together an itinerary for our stay in Turkey. She was very helpful and really listened to our wants and needs. She was also being cooperative at the last minute cancellation for my parents. I ended up traveled by myself. I'm very happy with the service, everything went well. Hotels & Tours recommended by Ruta were excellent, I'm glad I listened to her suggestions on hotels in Istanbul & Cappadocia. Airport transfers were on time and I felt very safe with the limo service and the way he drives, I forgot the name of the driver but I must thank him a lot, he kept me company on the road with his much improved English each time I see him. I would recommend this tour to anyone who's planning to visit Turkey.

9  Thank NiENz

Hi NiENz, We are happy to hear from you, thanks for posting your reflections about True Blue Tour on the tripadvisor.com forum. We thank your friend for having recommended us to you! It is fun to plan a holiday vacation to a place as full and diverse as is Turkey. Choices can be overwhelming and logistics can pose riddles that one may not have quite enough information to solve. Our style of designing customized programs for our guests, something that Ruta does an excellent job with, allows for our guests to play a role in itinerary design. We love the challenge of customization. Leave the logisitcal details to us and let us narrow down the overwhelming choices so that you can have a more clear picture of exactly how you'd like your holiday to play out. It helps to have a trusted and experienced advocate and we thank for allowing us to make your planning easier. Ruta and the rest of our crew look forward to having you back with your parents next time! Thanks for mentioning the director of our chauffeur team. He does a superior job and leads one of the very most important aspects of our operation. Cheers, Eyup

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our first visit to Istanbul, and we made our reservations based on TA member feedback. Paying ahead online made us a bit nervous, but all was well. True Blue was everything we hoped for and more. The guide (sorry, we forgot his name- need to do reviews sooner) was perfect, the lunch a great tasting surprise, and all the tour stops interesting, informative and fun. There were just 8 of us, so it was much more personal and flexible. The guide, the rest of True Blue interactions, and the welcoming public gave us such a positive feeling towards Turkey and Istanbul that we will be back soon. And for longer.

3  Thank mike c

Hello mike c, Thanks so much for your positive comments in support of True Blue Tour and of our popular one day comprehensive sightseeing excursion here in Istanbul. We're glad that you liked our guide, the scrumptious lunch, the small group size, our administrative professionalism and, last but not least, the sights visited within our unique program. We wait your return and look forward to opening up more of Turkey's gifts for you. Well wishes, Eyup

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I were joined by my brother and sister-in-law on a two week tour of Turkey. We booked the entire trip through True Blue Tours and arrived in Istanbul with fingers crossed that our adventure would unfold as promised. We need not have worried. We had a wonderful time with only a few minor hiccups. True Blue helped fix one of those hiccups even though it wasn't their fault. In short, they did everything they promised and a bit more. We'd use them again without hesitation.
-Mike & Susie

4  Thank MichaelMLM

Hi MichaelMLM,
We're happy to hear that TBT had a hand in helping to make your two week Turkish holiday a positive experience. We do understand the trepidation involved when one does business online and, therefore, greatly appreciate your having taken the time to give us your support in the tripadvisor.com forum. We do our best for all of our guests and we thrive on that moment when our guests understand that they have come to the right place and the right people for planning travel in Turkey. All the best, Eyup

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Family of 7 pax were in istanbul form the 17 December 2012 to the 21 Decmeber 2012.
We used Tru Blue for a private tour on the 18 December to the 20 December.

Our guide Ozlem Aydin was well educated and passionate in the history of her country. Always punctually early and most importantly always accomdating. Amazing guide

if you do book tours with this company request her personally.

10/10 True Blue, worth every penny

5  Thank vincenz a
Eyup K, Director of Sales at True Blue Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Hi there vincenz a! We appreciate your accolades for Ozlem, very definitely deserved. We are so lucky to have wonderful guides- highly intelligent individuals whose curiosity is insatiable and whose enthusiasm is contagious. We're so glad that you were pleased. Thank you for the thumbs up! Eyup