“Well-deserved top ranking.”

and 1 more site!
Dila Suites
Ranked #66 of 1,078 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I spent four nights in the Junior Suite; our adult daughter joined us there for the last night. We loved our clean, comfortable room; it is beautiful and thoughtfully appointed. Even when the couch was unfolded into a double bed, there was ample space for three. There was virtually no street noise with the windows closed, and the air conditioner is both effective and quiet.

Breakfast on the terrace was wonderful. The view and ambiance were great. Deniz provided an abundant and delicious spread, with some special and different additions each morning. We really enjoyed talking with Deniz and Ali, who were very gracious and willing to share opinions and insights about this fascinating city. It was the perfect way to start the day.

The location is ideal, in a lively and fun area, convenient to restaurants and public transportation. It is also easy to reach other parts of the city, by walking (as we often did) or catching a bus. It is also close enough to Taksim Square to take advantage of the transportation hub there, but far enough away that we did not see or hear any sign of the protests that were erupting on our last day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this lovely B&B this past May, 2013 during a 3 week trip through Italy and Turkey. We arrived to a beautiful modern, yet traditionally decorated B&B in the heart of Istanbul. The B&B looks like a normal house on the outside blending in with the surrounding buildings on a side street in the Beyoglu. Very well maintained, but not flashy like the surrounding high end touristy hotels. However, once you get inside, the rooms are decorated to perfection with traditional Turkish rugs (carpets), linens, plasma TV's, rain showers, in closet safes nailed down to wardrobe, excellent Wifi, and very comfortable beds even by American standards. Initially I was worried about the noise level being such a prime location in the heart of a city whose population compares to that of London, but was pleasantly surprised when it was not an issue. Once shutting the windows, we were able to sleep very well. (Mind you we were on the second floor fairly close to street and still noise not a problem). Safety not even a concern with the extra video cameras and as stated above, safes for passports, etc.

In addition to the amazing rooms, we were blown away by the hospitality that we received during our entire 4 night stay. Deniz greeted us a few hours after arrival allowing us to some time to settle in. She then proceeded to orient us to the area by taking us on a walking tour around the Beyoglu. She pointed out things like what ATM to use, what restaurants she would eat at, the Gelato Tower, a hotel roof top cafe to go have a drink at and enjoy an amazing view of Istanbul, and a nice wine bar. She took us to the tram station and helped us buy a tram/bus card that we could use and top up to get around the city. (Similar to the Oyster card). Each day at breakfast Deniz and her lovely husband would greet us and help us make plans for the day such as making reservations for transfers to the airport or at a traditional Turkish Spa. And not to forget the breakfast, local delicious food each day enjoyed on a tranquil roof top terrace.

Lastly, I want to take the opportunity to thank Deniz for helping us find accommodations on our last night in Istanbul. After our 4 nights in Istanbul, we flew to the Lycian coast for 5 nights for some beach time and relaxation. We were promised internet at our hotel and unfortunately did not have which I needed to make one last hotel reservation for our last night in Istanbul. We were going to stay one last night in Istanbul to rest up before an early morning flight to the USA via London. Since I did not have internet I phoned Deniz asking if she had availability for one night. She said she did not at Dila Suites, but did in fact at her sister hotel near the Gelato Tower. She even arranged transport for us to ease our stress. On arrival to her sister hotel, we were once again blown away with the accommodations. The rooms were more modern in decor then Dila, but still had traditional elements like hard wood floors and stone walls. Equally as nice and again in a great location.

In summary, I would absolutely recommend staying at Dila Suites and their sister hotel. Deniz and her lovely husband are some of the warmest people I have ever met and do everything they can do to make for a great stay. They went above and beyond and really made our experience in Istanbul so memorable. I have never written such a long review, but wanted to give credit where credit is deserved. Don't hesitate and just book!!!

Thanks Dila Suites!

Stacey & Dylan

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Ali & Deniz for everything you did for us as tired Kiwi guests. Your home cooked cake for breakfast Deniz, your tour suggestions, and most especially for helping us with our rental car - directing us to the highway out of Istanbul (even though you had a steep walk back up the hill Ali). Your hospitality was second to none. Your B&B is in a great location, we really enjoyed out stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kiwijustme
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was my fourth visit to Istanbul. In all my previous visits, I stayed in different five star-hotels in Taksim area and this is my first stay at a boutique hotel in Istanbul. I can honestly and confidently say that I regret not staying in this hotel during my previous visits to Istanbul although I had amazing stays at some of those hotels. We fell in love with this hotel for the following reasons. Excellent value for money, great amenities and the friendliest bunch of people at your beck and call. Dila Suites is situated a few minutes from Taksim Square and Istiklal Street, both major attractions that you cannot miss when you visit Istanbul. The owners of the hotel, Mr. Ali and his wonderful wife, were so nice, polite and extremely helpful and the cups of tea they offer are tremendous. Home made breakfast that we enjoyed at the sunny terrace was just what needed to start our mornings. In short, comfort, convenience, value and service are phenomenal. Beautifully renovated building. Smart, spacious and stylish rooms.

In short, we will be back again and again and again as the hotel exceeded our expectations.

Thanks Dila Suites!

1  Thank Evertough
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were in turkey for there weeks and during that time we stayed in three different highly recommended hotels in Istanbul. Dila Suites surpassed all others by far. Deniz and Ali had thought of everything and had obviously designed their rooms with an empathetic eye for comfort and a guests requirements. It's very comforting and gratifying when you receive more than you expected or required. I felt not like a paying guest but like I was staying with old friends.

Room Tip: I am confident in Deniz and Ali in assuming that there are no bad rooms. Our room on the fourth floo...
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Words cannot describe our stay at Dila Suites, incredible in every sense of the word. Where to begin..........the property is outstanding, beautiful, comfortable, impeccably clean and very spacious. The location is excellent, close to everything, only steps to restaurants, shopping, transit, etc., you simply could not ask for a better location.

The daily breakfast was fabulous and was a great time to sit and exchange stories of our adventures with other guests. It was a very intimate setting which we very much enjoyed. The big plus was the rooftop patio which offered an idyllic view of Istanbul at a wonderful vantage point.

The most AMAZING part for us was both Deniz and Ali, the owners of Dila Suites. We have NEVER come across more gracious, kind and warm people. No matter what we needed they went out of their way to accommodate us. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Deniz and Ali, many thanks for a wonderful two weeks it was simply amazing because of you! Until next time........sonsuza dek değil Şimdilik hoşçakal.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dila_S, Owner at Dila Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Michelle and William
thank you for your nice review. We were very happy to wellcome such warm people like you in our place. Hope to see you here in İstanbul again. Our best wishes .
Deniz-Ali

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I can only thank the owners of Dila Suites for making my stay in Istanbul fantastic and unforgettable. The location of the suites is amazing and it is excellent for a first visit to Istanbul, but then, my trip has assured that I will be coming back for sure ;)
The excellent service, food and well maintained rooms have assured the comfort and the satisfaction needed for my tourist short stay in Istanbul.
I would be more than happy to return again to Dila Suites and enjoy a bit more of the luxury and convenience ;)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends