“One of the best hotels”

Ranked #73 of 1,061 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“One of the best hotels”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at the hotel from 04.07.2012-08.7.2012.It is one of the best hotels in Istanbul which i have been to.The place where is located is fantastic.The room was clean and there was air condition and internet.The view from the dinning room was fantastic.We could easily visit the famous historical locations in Istanbul.The breakfast was very good.The only problem is if you go by car there might be a problem finding a parking place..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank paparesta
Dila_S, Manager at Dila Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thanks for your recomended, nice to meet you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We spent a weekend at the Dila Suites. We travel much and we always look for a home away from home. The Dila Suites is exactly that. Beautiful rooms, very comfortable bed, great bathroom and the location is perfect. It's central but quiet. To top it off, the personal service of Ovunc is very special and feels like nothing is too difficult. Don't make the mistake of staying at a standard hotel, stay here and see what Turkish hospitality is like. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank dorikad31
Sarajevo
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I spent 2 days in Dila Suites and right from the beging everything was perfect. The room was extremely clean and comfortable .The hotel staff were simply great.
Location-couldn't be any better. Istiklal Cad., tram and metro stations were just a step away.
Overall-it was a great experience

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
10 Thank Maja073
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Last weekend I travelled to Istanbul with a friend for a short city trip (3days). I am reading the reviews from trip advisor for years now and most of the time they are very reliable so after reading the reviews I decided to book. After I booked I received an e-mail from the hotel with all kind of information and options to get to the hotel from the airport. They also can arrange a transfer for you if you like. Since we arrived in the evening we opted for the transfer from the airport. Upon arrival the driver was standing at the arrivals hall already and brought us straight to the hotel. One of the staff member was waiting for us and guided us to our room (I forgot his name) The room was nice and spotless clean. The location from Dila Suites is perfect it is just a minute walking from lots of restaurants and bars and to the main street (Istiklal Street) Taksim square is also on walking distance. They also have 24/7 service and the hotel has cameras everywhere so we (two women) felt really comfortable and safe. The next day you will have breakfast on top of the building at their terrace. Breakfast is small but far enough and I liked the ambiance and the attention to details. We then met the other staff member his name is Ovunc. He is a very nice and helpful guy nothing is too much. I would really recommend Dila Suites when travelling for a city trip to Istanbul!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank Amsterdam2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2012

friendly staff, nicely decorated rooms. I stayed on 3rd floor. The breakfast at Terrace is Perfecto !İ will stay at Dila , next time I am in Istanbul.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Kkiaf
Dubai, UAE
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have been raving about Dila Suites before friends ever since I came back from a trip in Istanbul, which was half a year ago, so I can't believe I haven't written a review so far...
I decided to go to Istanbul on a whim, so I booked the hotel without any research the night before my flight. I saw the photos of the rooms and I didn't need to know more.
When I arrived at the airport, I sent them an email asking for directions and I got an immediate reply with all possible options for metro / taxi / shuttles. Ovunc, the manager, even offered to come and meet me at whichever station I ended up at!
My apartment was to die for!!! I could have easily stayed in that room for all the 3 days and I would have been happy! It was beautifully decorated, with character, super quiet (I must be a deep sleeper, because I don't remember having any issues with the noise from outside that some of the other reviewers report), clean, with all the amenities you could ask for, and a very comfortable bed.
The area is fantastic! The hotel is right off Istiklal Avenue, where Istanbul nightlife is happening! Don't worry, it's not under your window :) All the shopping and fortune-telling coffee places that I'm addicted to are just steps away. Taksim square is a 5 min walk from the hotel, and this is also where the metro station is.
When I was checking out, the owner invited me to sit down for a coffee with her, and although she said she was not an expert on reading coffee cups, she was happy to humour me and read mine :) I left my luggage at the hotel as my flight was not until later in the evening, and when I came back to pick it up, I found a small farewell gift. I almost cried...
I travel a lot, but I always end up comparing all the places I stay in with this wonderful turkish gem. I can't wait to go back to this fascinating city, and without a doubt I will be staying at Dila Suites again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
15 Thank mindtrick
New York
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The hotel is centrally located (about ten minutes walk from Taksim square) in a vibrant area with restaurants and bars nearby. The very clean rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. Breakfast was very tasty. If weather permits it is served on the roof terrace. The manager Ovunc Isil takes care of virtually everything you might need or want to know and gives very valuable hints. We definitely recommend Dila Suites and will choose it again for our next trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple