Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Magnificent History..

I'm so glad for the time that I spend with you guys! Mr. Kadir and Mr.Tarik were very polite and... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
zoebzoe
Sydney, Australia
Great time in Istanbul

We were inIstanbul for a few days and I am very glad we decided to book a tour with Tarik. We had... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
AlexeyAOS
London, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Istanbul
from $27.80
from $65.00
from $100.00
More Info
All reviews tarik saylan turkey grand bazaar his knowledge blue mosque current affairs day tour hagia sophia outstanding guide deep knowledge food tour private van walking tour his passion own pace spice market highly recommend this company
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I would like to thank Furkan and his team for our fabulous tour of Istanbul last week. From my first enquiry email Furkan was responsive and informative, giving me all I needed to decide what I wanted from the tour. We had 2 large buses with 56 people on board. Furkan made what could have been a quite boring, corporate event very interesting and inserted humour along the way. He is very knowledgeable and full of fun facts about his city. I would absolutely recommend Istanbul Guided Private Tours to anyone who wanted a fun yet information-packed guide of Istanbul.

Date of experience: January 2014
23  Thank Maeve1983
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My trip to Istanbul was a short New Year's getaway. I found Guided Istanbul Tours on Trip Advisor and contacted them for possible tours and costs. I also contact several other companies via Internet. Furkan, owner of Guided Istanbul Tours, replied to my original email with details of possible tours and cost for each tour. The information was thorough and the costs were very reasonable. He was always responsive to my subsequent emails with questions about the trip and the tours.
Due to some delayed flights, my luggage did not arrive. I called Furkan when I arrived at the hotel to cancel my trip to Ephasus the next day -- he immediately took care of it and only charged me for the flight (which is totally understandable). He called at noon the next day to see if there was anything he could do to help me locate my lost luggage. Fortunately the hotel had contacted the airline and the luggage was on its way. Although we began a day late (my fault) Furkan was waiting for me in the lobby right on time on Tuesday morning. We had a great day visiting the New Town and taking the Ferry to the Asian side of Istanbul. We had lunch near the fish market enjoyed a wonderful day despite the rainy cold weather (to be expected in December!). The next day we visited the "touristy" places. I didn't have to wait in line because Furkan, as an official tourist guide was able to get tickets and move to the head of the line. Again, we had a great day. Furkan actually studied to be a tour guide at the university and it is obvious as he knows the history of the area, can find wonderful spots that would not be in guide books and in my short time, I felt I had really seen Istanbul! His great sense of humor made the trip that much more enjoyable. I hope to return (next time in the spring) and Guided Istanbul Tours will again be my host for the trip!

Date of experience: December 2013
26  Thank LMG117
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Istanbul for a week in September and was stoked to have Tarik the me to all the best places (all the ones I wouldn't have found). He is incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about turkey and really gave me an insight into every aspect of turkey's long and rich culture and history. He also gave us heaps of ideas for fun things to do whilst there! I left having had an incredibly good time, knowing more than I ever expected and feeling like I have a friend for life. Cheers Tarik

26  Thank lindsays90
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was in Istanbul in September and was lucky enough to have Tarik take me around. He was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the city (a good thing, as he's a local!), but was never pushy and gave us lots of options and ideas for fun things to do whilst there. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: September 2013
26  Thank JooliaGoolia87
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had an excellent historical day with Tarik our guide while in Istanbul. He made all the difference in explaining these fantastic monuments with all the details and depth we could ever ask for. What we appreciated was all the connections through history and religion that put it all in perspective.
Excellent and will use him for our next trip here.

Date of experience: November 2013