“Private Tour with Erkut Aldeniz”

Istanbul Guided Private Tours
Ranked #4 of 74 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Daily city tours in Istanbul with private guidance. Our tours include the most visited sites in Istanbul such as St. Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace as well we also offer you many types of tour options that are totally different than the other itineraries you have been offered. All of our tours are conducted by dynamic, licensed and expert local guides with many years of experience behind them. They are attentive and keen to share their knowledge about the sights and Turkish culture. Flexible private tours offer many unforeseen benefits - having a personal guide means that a tour itinerary can be easily modified to pursue newly developing interests, spontaneous events, or special requests on the go and at a pace that suits you.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Private Tour with Erkut Aldeniz”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I enjoyed a 2-day guided tour of Istanbul in December 2012 with Erkut Aldeniz, a professional travel agent and tour guide. Having such a short time in Turkey and having four children ranging in ages from 7-14, we were worried we wouldn't be able to see much, but we were pleasantly surprised! We saw most of the major attractions of the city plus a few hidden gems that we ourselves would have never found. Erkut was highly knowledgeable about the history of the city and about Turkey in general and we felt he made our trip something to remember. The kids had a great time and we created many memories. As an added value, Erkut is also a food blogger, and if there's one thing you want to know when you go to Turkey is where to find the best food, from coffee to lokum (Turkish delight). I would highly recommend his services to anyone wanting to get the most of out your trip to Turkey.

Visited December 2012
17 Thank Trina S

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Excellent Tailored Private Tour of Istanbul”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I arranged this tour with the company Archaeologous, having found other reviews on tripadvisor which recommended the company - and found my initial email communiication with them to be excellent as their representative Ourania was extremely helpful in planning the trip.

Ourania arranged for my family and I to have a full day private tour of Istanbul during our one day cruise stop. As my elderly parents were not able to manage a full day she suggested that they could do what they were able to (she suggested what attractions might be the most interesting and the easiest to access for the mobility challenged) and then suggested that they could be returned to the ship and that I complete the rest of the tour for the day. This worked out excellently on the day.

Our tour guide, Ezeler, spoke faultless English and was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We visited the Blue Mosque and the Basilica Cisterns and the outside of the Hagia Sophia (which was unfortunately closed the day we were in port) in the morning and I visited the Topkapi Palace and Grand Bazaar in the afternoon. Ezel was able to tailor what we saw and how long we spent at various places to my level of interest and what I wanted to achieve from the trip. She knew the sites extremely well and was able to suggest ways to minimize any waiting or to avoid crowded areas. She took me to her favourite shops in the Bazaar after I had indicated what sort of things I would be interested in looking at and I came home with some lovely purchases and gifts.

Visited October 2012
9 Thank Joanna B
Port Moody
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Private tour with Remziye Kurt”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a 3 day guided private tour Sept.27-29 with guide Remziye Kurt. Remziye was very knowlegable. She kept a perfect pace and made our stay in Istanbul memorable. We got to see and experience so much more of this wonderful city in the 3 days with her than we could have in 2 weeks by ourselves.

14 Thank FerneGM
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Furkan's Fabulous guiding in Turkey”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have recently returned form a fabulous trip over 15days guided by Furkan Gokcel in which we visited all the major sites of interest. Furkan travelled with us ensuring we were comfortable in our hotels, taking us to interesting and different restaurants and giving us an understanding and an appreciation for the history of Turkey. Furkan was very responsive to alternative suggestions and was able to accommodate different people's needs. He was very caring about two of our group who had special diets and made sure that we were able to have the food we needed. I would thoroughly recommend a trip with Furkan as I found him intelligent, resourceful, knowledgeable on Turkey both ancient and modern, and extremely caring for each person on the trip.

12 Thank Robyn P
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Furkan - a superb guide”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I've been on 3 tours with Furkan as our guide and always ask that he accompany my groups. He has all the attributes needed for a guide. His people skills, English, knowledge and love of his beautiful country, sense of humour are all excellent. He knows where to eat, whether in his beloved Istanbul or outside and is always punctual when picking up from hotels or elsewhere. All this makes for a very happy and contented tour (and tour escort i.e. me)! Dave Best

10 Thank Dave B