“UNBELIVEABLE THAT MUSLIMS ARE SUCH CULTURED PERSONALITIES”

Ayasofya Hurrem Sultan Hamami
Ranked #1 of 135 Spas & Wellness in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: The Historical and Luxurious Art of BathingHistorical and Architectural Features“I hope that until the end of days, good hearted friends who take a look at what I have made, when they will perceive the seriousness and the spirit of my effort, can have a fair view and can invoke my name to pray for me.” Mimar Sinan, ArchitectThe Ayasofya Hurrem Sultan Hamam in Istanbul was designed and built by Mimar Sinan, the chief Ottoman architect. It was built at the request of Hurrem Sultan (Roxelana), the wife of Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent in the 16th century. It was built where the ancient public baths of Zeuxippus used to stand, between the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia. The area is also particularly significant as the site where the Temple of Zeus once stood.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

want to see again. i visted it twice in the morning for three hours at evening for three hours and want to see it at night also.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I didn't really mind shelling out 100 euro as I was only going to be doing it once, but very glad I did. Lovely experience, even for someone shy like me!
Something everyone should treat themselves to.

1  Thank OzeRooRoo
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I don't agree with the reviewer below me at all and am sorry to hear he had that experience as ours was the complete opposite. I must say, this was the best service, food and atmosphere we experienced during our trip in Istanbul. My husband and I love variety and never go to the same restaurant twice - however, we had to make an exception here. Every waiter was extremely friendly - bringing us complimentary tea, kind smiles and wonderful service with every interaction, despite the fact that the restaurant was busy during our visits. They were very attentive, making sure to refresh our water pipe regularly and continuously checking to make sure we had everything we needed. The atmosphere could not be matched - there was excellent music performed by local musicians and a whirling dervish performer who really transported us and made us feel like we were witness to something truly magical. The food was delicious - lots of great choices and very good quality for meat-eaters and vegans alike. This is a must visit while you are in Istanbul, more than once if you have the chance!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I were a little anxious about our first Turkish Bath experience, but everyone at Ayasofya made us feel very comfortable. The staff is very professional. The bath was unlike anything we had ever experienced before. We highly recommend considering this hammam when in Istanbul.

2  Thank Dick L
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I had our first experience in a Turkish Haman and we both came out feeling a million dollars. My husband had an aromatherapy massage (in the men's section) and he said it was an amazing experience and the masseur was very professional. I had the package with the steam and scrub, wash/massage all over and an aromatherapy massage to finish. I had an Australian/Greek lady named Athena and she was very professional also and made me feel very relaxed. This Hamam is also very clean as were told there were some quite dirty ones around Istanbul! Our accomodation, Dila Suites, recommended this Hamam to us and we are so glad we decided to try it. Treat yourself - you'll love it!!

2  Thank Aussies10