“Very Good Hotel”

Ranked #1,007 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Erbil, Iraq
“Very Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Very good hotel, but the location is extreme. Hard to get there and the taxi drivers do not know the hotel by name. But after you get there, you can relax in big and clean rooms. The spa is amazing.
Service is good, staff - very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Andreea I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Clean and new hotel but it is located in a hiddin back street area. Taxies may have some difficulties to find the exact hotel's location. Air condition is not working and I think it has a problem from long time back that's why the hotel price is low! It was in Nov. and it was OK with me, but if you are traveling in summer then you need to check directly and clearly with the hotel if air condition is working or not. Breakfast was basic and good. Hotel is located in a shopping area in Osmanbay metro station is about 15 min walking. A lot of caffes and resturants are available within walking distance. If you don't like walking or traveling with children I don't recommend this hotel for you.

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Cosy (small) rooms but just enough space. Swimming pool (small-can kick off one wall and reach the other side before performing a stroke), Turkish bath/steam and sauna. Gym facilities. Nearby good selection of shops nearby and also a short walk to metro. Taksim sq is either one tube stop or a 2km walk away.
Service was average, no one falls over themselves or stands out giving exemplary service. Breakfast was included and reasonable but again nothing special.
Located in a muddle of one way streets. Taxi drivers initially had to stop to ask locals for directions but eventually we learned the route.
If you need functional at a reasonable price you can't go wrong stayin here. If you are looking for anything more be prepared to pay more elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vicnesan
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I made the reservation at Husa Vizon hotel through Delta's relationship with hotels.com for an additional day in Istanbul following a cruise. The evening before, my elderly travel companion fell in Istanbul, broke her front teeth, injured her face and needed medical care. We had to return to the US a day early. At 7 PM Istanbul time, the ship's concierge called the hotel to cancel and ask for a refund. The hotel staff told the concierge that we had to call hotels.com, which he did. Hotels.com called the Husa Vizon and was told that no refund could be issued unless the manager approved and the manager was not on the premises. 5 calls by me to hotels.com and calls by hotels.com representatives to Husa Vizon ensued until hotels.com finally reached the manager who refused to issue a refund. Cancellation policy for the hotel was 6 PM; however, we called only one hour later and explained the medical emergency that caused us to cancel. I am shocked that Delta's representative would suggest this hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank valleyconsultant
HusaVizonTeam, Manager at Vizon Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have a negative opinion about our hotel.

If you would like to share with us more details about your experience, so that we can have a better idea about your comment, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: management@vizonhotel.com or by phone +90 212 233 0202.

Best regards,
Yakup Kaya

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Four of us stayed here for 5 nights in late April - I choose it based on the reasonable price of rooms and that it was a very new hotel.

I took heed about the difficulty of finding the hotel, and printed out a street map from google, and I have to agree that it is tucked away in a very hilly textile/clothes manufacturing area. We also had a TomTom!! Both came in very useful.

Everywhere in Istanbul was incredibly busy, so taxi fares arose while you were stuck in the little street! We mostly walked 10minutes through all the fabulous wholesaler shops to the main high street, to Osmanbey (and Metro) where there were a whole variety of shops and restaurants.

The rooms were good, internet worked on our phones but not laptops in the bedroom, however fine downstairs in the lobby. Rooms were very clean and modern. Fabulous shower!

The breakfast was adequate, staff helpful enough! The small gym and swimming pool and separate hammam, steam & sauna were always empty, which was great as we used the hammam a few times in total privacy - wonderful. You could arrange for a massage or spa treatments I think.

All in all, we enjoyed staying at the Husa and experiencing the thriving designer clothes/shoes area of Istanbul, however it is quite a distance from down-town tourist areas, and due the level of congestion which we were told is common in Istanbul, we spend a lot on taxi fares.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank i-qah
HusaVizonTeam, Manager at Vizon Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear i-gah
First of all, we would like to thank you for the positive comments about our hotel.
We trully believe that the feedback from our guests is essential to continuosly improve ourselves. Therefore, we really thank you for the time you have spent on sharing your experience with us and are happy to know that The Husa Vizon Hotel and its staff have met your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you again whenever you come back to Istanbul.

Regards
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

I was put up here by a client on a business trip a few months ago. The first tip I'd give someone is to make certain your taxi driver knows where you are going. In the two weeks I stayed there I didn't find a single taxi driver who could find the place. Print a map of the area before you go and show it to the taxi driver.

The hotel is in a largely residential area so if you want local culture, you got it. IT's a few blocks walk to anything, but if you can manage 10 minutes of walking you'll find great restaurants. I'll try to remember a few of them and post future reviews.

The rooms are simple and on the small side but very clean and comfortable. I checked out a few of them during my stay and I would say that higher floors are better. I did get a chance to see one of the suites on the top floor as well. It was very nice but had no shower just a tub.

The hotel restaurant serves a nice, basic breakfast. I'm mostly a "Just Coffee" kind of gal at breakfast so I didn't have much but others seemed pleased.

There is no laundry service. Our two week stay challenged my clean wardrobe. I ended up buying a bucket and soap to do laundry in my room. I later picked up a fan to help dry things. Apparently there is no laundry service in Istanbul. None. This is what we were told by the hotel staff and by our business contacts in Istanbul. I see a business opportunity for someone.

The hotel staff was pleasant and professional but if you want any actual help seek out the younger of the front desk staff. I have forgotten his name, but he has a bit of a birthmark on his face and you'll know him by his cool charm and friendliness.

Overall, I'd say this place is a good deal and worth staying at.

Room Tip: Avoid the room on the lower floor that looks out onto the air-handlers! Pick a higher floor for a qu...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ElleBklyn
Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Well the interior of the hotel was nice, EVERYTHING ELSE terrible! The location, the room size, the staff, Everything!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank YaraN
HusaVizonTeam, General Manager at Vizon Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear YaraN,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not of your full satisfaction.

If you would like to share with us more details about your experience, so that we can have a better idea about your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: management@vizonhotel.com or by phone +90 212 233 0202.

Best regards,