“Best little carpet shop in all of Istanbul”
Review of Motif Collection

Motif Collection
Ranked #18 of 542 Shopping in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: With 20 years experience, Motif Collection provides the best quality fully handcrafted carpets and kilims. While predominantly Turkish, our collection also features carpets from around the world, antique pieces and rare fragments. We also sell hand crafted Turkish ceramics and unique Turkish giftware.
Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best little carpet shop in all of Istanbul”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'm a bit biased as the proprietors after fifteen plus years of trips to Turkey are now friends of mine but it remains true that Nadir, Hamit and Mustafa are some of the most knowledgeable and honest businessmen I've ever met. I've bought from others over the years but they are the only dealers of carpets whom I trust completely.

8 Thank audiomike

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience! Thank you Hidir.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have arrived back in NZ last night and I needed to write about this beautiful little shop before I got back into normal life. I searched Motif collections out, after reading about it on tripadvisor before we left for Turkey. After several visits into other rug shops, and the hard sales tactics from them, I was so relieved to find Hidir and Mehmet. They were gentle, hospitable and passionate about their carpets. It was such a lovely atmosphere, an experience. I spent several hours with them just looking at many many rugs, and went back to them in the pm with 2 friends. Over the following days, we purchased a total of 3 rugs. Now I am home I wish I had bought another. Hidir, thank you for your hospitality and for the beautiful cushion covers. I will really treasure those. I have unpacked our gorgeous silk carpet and my family can't believe how beautiful it is. Thank you. Sorry for not coming back to see the other silk carpets. I simply ran out of time! I will email you - perhaps you could take a photo for me? We loved our time in your wonderful country. Our time with you was one of the highlights. Many thanks. Lee.

Visited June 2013
11 Thank jane86
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“True Carpet Shopping”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place is simply the best in istanbul for carpet shopping!if somebody knows how to fix the thing he is selling that means he knows all about it!in Motif Collection i met quality people with very generous heart!
They really know what they are doing.They are easy, honest and not bargaining.After some minutes talk you are just feeling that they are very serious in their work!i think all this things were quait enough for us to make our purchase in this small shop!
We bought two large size older carpet.We are very happy with the price we had also.i do recommend this small carpet shop to everbody who are after easy shopping and looking for true Turkish carpet!Thank you very much to everbody in Motif Collection!

Visited April 2013
15 Thank phil w
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Passion and warmness”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We do understand much better why this shop is a top rated on Tripadvisor.I've been using Tripadvisor for many years but it's the first time when I have a sincere desire to register here myself in order to write a review about the shop!

i have been in Motif beginning of our Trip just for having some information.i spend more than two hours in this small shop.i guess this is same for everybody.When you are in this shop you just dont want leave the shop!The stories about carpets and kilims,meaning of symbols it is just taking you to another World!While i was in my tour,i have been more than 10 diffrent shops!But Motif Collection was only the carpet shop in my mind!

Beacause i did not feel that honesty and warmness in any other shop.All this different prices for same thing just made me feel very tired.

On my last day in Turkey i stoped in Motif and i bought 3 different carpets!Thank you very much to Hamit.For your passion to us and the way you your work!

We do highly recommend Motif Collection to everbody WHO are after easy shopping with incredible moments and buying real Turkish Kilims or Carpets.

15 Thank George L
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great personal shoppintg experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My daughter and I were feeling the compulsion to purchase kilims while we were in Istanbul. This small shop, distinguished by its purple door, belied a wealth of goods and information and also we met the wonderful Hidir, impassioned about the art of weaving and design and personality exemplified by the kilims, all dowry and many old. There was a "romantic" quality about the shop - with its intimacy and simplicity, together with what seemed to be a true relationship between seller and buyers, united in their interest and by Hidir's contagious enthusiasm. Hidir seemed genuine in his interest both in the artisan quality of the work and the happiness of the buyer. After a couple of visits to his shop, we purchased two rugs and Hidir communicated at once by email, notifying us of the tracking number, shipping dates and inquired about their arrival and condition. He has also promised to be on the lookout for a particular rug for me and I believe he is as good as his word. I suspect we will continue this relationship in the future.

16 Thank Mary_A193