“Your cool Istanbul apartment”
Review of Peradays

Peradays
Ranked #2 of 1,061 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Your cool Istanbul apartment”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you find a hotel with a great location, comfortable rooms, and a reasonable price, you’re content. But say you find a hotel that also combines historical charm with sleek design and the soundtrack of a vintage vinyl collection? Hosts who are genuinely lovely people and not just scripted hoteliers? Over-the-top extravagant breakfasts that you try to recreate when you return home? Well, then you write your first-ever TripAdvisor review.

1 Thank Ifyoufindme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We spent 8 lovely days in Istanbul in March 2013, and Peradays filled our expectations perfectly. If you like the homeliness and the extremely friendly atmosphere of some of the best traveler hostels around the world, but like to enjoy yourself this time, and can afford an average hotel room price, this place is a spot-on match for you.

The staff (both Murats and Bora) have true enthusiasm and friendliness in them, and they were eager to give us tips and even call the restaurants we were considering to make sure there was space for us. We felt more like guests at a busy home than at a hotel, and I wish we had had more time to sit down and chat in the lobby (we were too busy seeing the city).

The great Peradays breakfast has already been mentioned by many, but it's worth mentioning again: We especially enjoyed the turkish scrambled eggs -thingy menemen prepared for us by portion each morning.

We arrived and left using the airport Havatas bus to Taxim, from where there's a 15 minute walk to Peradays via the busy pedestrian shopping street Istiklal. We had some trouble finding the hotel door at first, as there is no visible signs outside the entrance. Walking down Istiklal from Taxim at Galatasay tram stop just turn right to Hamalbaşı, and walk down the sparcely lighted sidewalk leaving the car underpass to your left until you are almost at the Tarlabaşı street corner. You'll find Peradays behind the black iron decorated glass door, just ring the bell.

Room Tip: Our room was clean and nice, although if your sleep is easily disturbed by background noise, you mig...
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My fiancée and I were looking for a place to stay at in Istanbul for a week long rendezvous and turn to Trip Advisor to look for a dependable, stylish, reasonably priced, and well rated place to stay. As we travel quite often, and have been living abroad for a long time now, we are easily bored by the big, corporate, standard furniture full easily recognizable brand name type hotels and thus were looking for something with personality. I stumbled upon Peradays while reading reviews on hundreds of Istanbul’s hotels and it caught my attention.

To be honest, I did like that the place was well rated, had loft-like looking pictures, and its rates were favorable, but in the end, overwhelmed by the large selection of hotels Istanbul has to offer, I picked it because I was damn tired after a very long work day and did not want to spend more time on my search. Basically, it was a shot in the dark.

Luckily, Peradays turned out to be a gem in every respect. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and indeed loft-like, with exposed bricks and a balcony. The building is a renewed old structure and the owners managed to keep much of the original feel. Although a bed and breakfast, the feel was stylish and boutique-ish. The staff, three wonderful men who own the hotel, played classical music and classic rock in the mornings and afternoon, and honestly, just for that I would give them 5 stars.

The service was great, three weeks before we even got there, the staff emailed us a list of recommendations for our visit and asked if we needed any help in coordinating any activities during our visit. While in the hotel, they were very responsive and charming yet professional. Breakfast was great, the selection was plentiful and always fresh, and we never had to wait for anything. As a note, (responding to other reviews), it is true that the breakfast area is somewhat small, so during the crunch of the summer months when Istanbul’s flow of tourists is plain madness, make sure that you coordinate your breakfast times.

As for the location, it was perfect. In Beyoglu, less than two minutes away walking from Istiklal Blvd, we had close access to the “fish market-restaurant” street, lively bars, Turkish and international clothing shops, old quaint bookstores, salsa clubs, international cuisine (excellent restaurants – and being an asian food aficionado they had great Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and Vietnamese restaurants), and a short walk to museums and to the Galata Tower area.

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and felt like we were living at our home with wonderful and charismatic roommates rather than at a hotel. Having travelled to more than 40 countries and stayed in hundreds of hotels, I absolutely recommend Peradays and would definitely stay there again in the future.

5 Thank Domenech_Clar
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Peradays for about a month while in town on a course and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. Compared to a chain hotel the price is better, the rooms are bigger, the wifi is included in the price, and the location is fantastic - about 50 metres from Istiklal, the heart of the city. The main thing though is that there is really a sense of pride of proprietorship at this place. One of the three owners is always there and genuinely care that you are getting the most out of your visit to Istanbul.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Blurg88
Krasnodar, Russia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I would like to thank the owners of the hotel Murat&Bora&Murat for hospitality, kindness and the best service you can imagine.
The rooms are clean and tidy and it feels like home in there. The breakfast every day was perfect and I still can't forget the taste of those home made delicious brownies.
The location is very convenient, about 2-3 minutes from the city center (Istiklal street).
When I come back to Istanbul I will certainly stay in Peradays hotel and I advice this accommodation to all my friends and to people who are searching for a warm and friendly atmosphere in Istanbul!
Wish you all the best!Hope to see you once again!
Best regards, Evgeniya Z.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Evgeniya Z
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I would recommend Peradays to anyone. I stayed her in August 2012 for 5 nights, and this accommodation contributed to Istanbul being one of my all time favourite trips (I have previously travelled to Asia, Africa and South America). The owners and staff are lovely - we had some nice chats and at the time they had taken in a stray kitten and were nursing it to health. The decor is minimalistic with cute/homely touches, perfect for the price. Breakfast is great. The location is very convenient, with plenty of places to eat and drink nearby, as well as good transport links to top tourist spots (which are not far away). Despite being a busy city, Istanbul has a unique quality of calm, and Peradays is no exception. Loved every moment and would return in a heart beat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I found this hotel by a quick search on tripadvisor and after reading the reviews and seeing the nice photos decided to book it for my short break with my girlfriend. We had a fantastic time. It is a cosy hotel, in central Istanbul. Murat, Bora and Murat are very friendly and we felt so comfortable. In fact we both felt at home during our stay... and this made a huge difference to our short break. The room is clean and well designed... the room we stayed in had an amazing architecture and well decorated. I wanted a nice romantic place for dinner and Murat made a prefect arrangements with one of the restaurants nearby. Breakfast was served whenever we arrived at the lobby and always had the element of nice surprise, be it a home made yogurt or fresh fruit salad. And let's not forget about the cutest cat I have ever seen who would keep your company at lobby. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking to have a comfortable and unforgettable stay in Istanbul.

1 Thank kamisn